PDA

View Full Version : KN Guest House Phuket Patong

September 10th, 2009, 13:34
Doe snaybody know KN Guesthouse in Patong, Phuket (www.knphuket.com (http://www.knphuket.com)).
Is it a good place to stay as a gayman? Or are there only straight men with their Thai girl?
Gr Hans

Michael
September 10th, 2009, 16:22
KN is one of my favourite places to stay at. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are massive. The place is immaculately clean. It's close to the paradise complex, but crossing the busy road can be a pain. The ofice isn't very efficient, so emails aren't always answered, but it's worth making the effort to book a room at this smart place that represents great value for money.

There has always been other gay men, often quite a good number of them, staying there at the same time as me.

krobbie
September 17th, 2009, 02:02
I agree with Michael. I have stayed a couple of times and it is so popular that it's sometimes hard to get just the dates you want. Nid, the Chinese/Thai woman that runs it is quite lovely and sends me emails every now and then just to say hi.

The pool is a great plus and isn't overly chlorinated. Position perfect.

Cheers
krobbie

dorayme
September 18th, 2009, 06:59
I used to stay here when I went to Patong. I recommend it highly.

September 20th, 2009, 06:44
Looking at the pictures they have posted on their website, the outside of the guesthouse looks pretty new or at least well maintained and the pool looks awesome. On the inside, the rooms look really dated.

From the folks that have stayed there, are their rooms really that dated?

Diec
September 20th, 2009, 08:09
Does this hotel charge joiner's fees? What if I want to bring in a lady boy? Any problems? Can you off the cute guys in the hotel? If so, how much? If you off a guy from the hotel, will he do everything? I urgently need answers to my questions as I may or may not possibly be staying at this hotel. Thanks in advance.

Beachlover
September 21st, 2009, 18:56
Two good alternatives (both next door) are Pacific Lite hotel and Poppa Palace. Really really cheap and both newly built. Apparently very spacious and reasonably comfortable inside.

krobbie
September 22nd, 2009, 01:55
Whilst KN Guesthouse may not have the most contemporary interior design, it is very comfortable and the rooms are very large. They are spotlessly clean and the breakfast is more than adequate.

I believe that joiners are fine. Although I have not had occasion to use this facility there are many that do, which is apparent at breakfast./ No-one seems to mind at all.

There is a security person late at night who sits in the front garden to help with checking your partners ID.

You won't regret the choice to stay here I am sure. Mind you getting a room can be the biggest problem as it is very popular with European travelers.

Cheers
krobbie

Michael
September 22nd, 2009, 04:19
On the inside, the rooms look really dated.
From the folks that have stayed there, are their rooms really that dated?

Yes the room pictures don't do it credit. The rooms are large, immaculately clean, the bathrooms are the best I've seem in Thailand, even when I'm paying far more for the room.

The bedrooms are not modern western styled minimal rooms, but quality Thai style fittings and furniture, far superior to those of similar room rates, admitingly a bit old fashioned (chinzy) even when they were installed.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

September 22nd, 2009, 04:25
Thanks Krobbie and Michael.

It's hard to tell what's up with many hotel websites and their advertising. Some use outdated photo's of when the hotel was new and when you show up it's rundown or they've renovated a few rooms and use the pictures from those rooms to advertise their hotel.

I'll definitely add KN to the list now.

Cheers.