giggsy
September 9th, 2009, 05:21
If you missed it here it is.
[youtube:3pmzxvvx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Bjmemu474[/youtube:3pmzxvvx]
[youtube:3pmzxvvx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5rh9SRp9Hc[/youtube:3pmzxvvx]
[youtube:3pmzxvvx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_0vZrpQ8QU[/youtube:3pmzxvvx]
[youtube:3pmzxvvx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXNQEvddjw[/youtube:3pmzxvvx]

September 9th, 2009, 05:48
Have you ever seen Brits on holiday in Amsterdam, or any where for that matter. They make complete arses of themselves. A bunch of drunken hooligans who end up breaking the law then cry because they end up incarcerated.

ajarntrade

September 9th, 2009, 06:11
Have you ever seen Brits on holiday in Amsterdam, or any where for that matter. They make complete arses of themselves. A bunch of drunken hooligans who end up breaking the law then cry because they end up incarcerated.

ajarntrade

Very balanced comment.

I'm glad you're not prone to making any sweeping generalisations.

What other "goodies" can you come up with? ....

.....Jews all have big noses perhaps?

:sign3:

giggsy
September 9th, 2009, 06:34
Have you ever seen Brits on holiday. A bunch of drunken hooligans

ajarntrade

I don't know how I stayed sober enough to post it.
Wasn't "the drunk" an aussie? :alc:

Dani69
September 9th, 2009, 07:40
lock em all up they deserve it

September 9th, 2009, 07:59

ajarntrade

Very balanced comment.

Well said you TARTAN TOSSER

September 9th, 2009, 08:14

ajarntrade

Very balanced comment.

We have a whole thread on how smelly the Russians are.

Impulse
September 9th, 2009, 09:23
As long as were being politically incorrect.Where exactly is the geographical area where the flat asian nose becomes more pointed?Myranmar,India? And that goes for body hair also.Indian men are very hairy,as are most middle eastern.But where does it end?

September 9th, 2009, 09:50
Somewhere in Miramar, I'd guess.

Ron-Heng Vancouver
September 9th, 2009, 11:15
Thanks s very much for copying this series and showing it here. We do not get this in Vancouver, so it's very much appreciated.

Other shows will be appreciated as well.

Thanks much

zinzone
September 9th, 2009, 13:35
Well done Giggsy-please post next week's programme on here, thanks!

I live in Pattaya long time and the black shirts in Walking Street are a pain and that Miller bloke the biggest tosser. The black shirts have a fetish for dressing up in uniforms and acting important. Miller's got a cheek saying he can handcuff people etc as the black shirts have no legal power at all at least no more than any civilian and they certainly have no police power in the usual sense of that term apart from what the real Thai police let them get away with.
it is a pity the film gives a totally mis-leading impression re the black shirts and how they really behave.

As for that girl Misha(spelling) with drugs, are we meant to feel sorry for her?
This is Thailand not England.
She admits possession.
Her b/f is a nuisance and a trouble-maker and they came to Thailand so they claim virtually penniless-not a good idea-and nor is it a good idea having anything to do with illegal drugs or other criminal activities when coming here.

(ps to Giggsy:important football tonight: lets hope your Rooney-pronounced Looney here- stuffs the Croates!).

September 9th, 2009, 15:55
That wanker Howard is supposed to be acting as a liaison between foreign tourists and the Thai police -- WTF is he doing carrying out a drug bust on a Thai street vendor on his own?

And, do ya think they could have told the announcer that it's pronounced "Poo-ket" not "Foo-ket"? What a piece of crap.

giggsy
September 9th, 2009, 15:59
Well done Giggsy-please post next week's programme on here, thanks!

I live in Pattaya long time and the black shirts in Walking Street are a pain and that Miller bloke the biggest tosser. The black shirts have a fetish for dressing up in uniforms and acting important. Miller's got a cheek saying he can handcuff people etc as the black shirts have no legal power at all at least no more than any civilian and they certainly have no police power in the usual sense of that term apart from what the real Thai police let them get away with.
it is a pity the film gives a totally mis-leading impression re the black shirts and how they really behave.

hmmm interesting. The very same Howard Miller also likes to think he is a tv presenter.The norwegian bar owner who
Mr Miller is interviewing on this clip has been arrested recently for drug dealing.
[youtube:3c3f5t0u]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcJWImYZyY[/youtube:3c3f5t0u]

sjaak327
September 9th, 2009, 16:23
Regarding the Brits looking bad, I personally think that JJ should be taken out of business as soon as possible, he clearly tries to rip off people. That person clearly is the worst of all the characters in the documentairy, and he is Thai...

And yes I feel very sorry for that girl, who got caught with apparently the stuff of her boyfriend, who should have taken responsibility himself to be honest. And she got familiarized with the crooked Thai justice system, where you either bribe your way out at highly inflated prices, (surely a Thai citizen would be able to bribe his way out with as little as 5.000 to 10.000 baht) or face justice.

cuteboy
September 9th, 2009, 17:27
I do not know if things are getting worse in Thailand, but that's the way it looks.
Thailand needs to decide what it wants. The beach parties attract young people from all over the world who behave in an 'uninhibited' way. It provides the opportunity for police scams and corruption. If their behaviour is unacceptible it would be easy enough to end the parties. (the same is true of Boy Bars in Pattaya). 'Better to keep the business' seems the Thai view.
Problem is that if the level of rip-offs gets too high the news gets out and tourists will go elsewhere.
The TV station is a very small one, so only a few will have watched the programme, but there is more.
Scams at the airport have received publicity as has the death of a Scottish woman after a week in hospital. Out walking in Bangkok with her husband, she was attacked by motorcycle robbers who stole from her and left her unconscious on the pavement.
This event has received quite a lot of publicity.
If Thailand wants to stop tourism this is the way. A tipping point may be reached. People can go elsewhere.

September 9th, 2009, 17:32
If Thailand wants to stop tourism this is the way. A tipping point may be reached. People can go elsewhere.Wait for the event none of us can mention and then watch all hell break loose. Maybe it's fortunate that the Global Financial Crisis is keeping me unemployed and unable to travel to Thailand.

September 9th, 2009, 19:37
Maybe it's fortunate that the Global Financial Crisis is keeping me unemployed and unable to travel to Thailand.

Times tough back in Texas?

September 9th, 2009, 19:56

ajarntrade

What does this comment have to do with a dispute between Australian Marines being ripped-off by a Thai con-artist?

Yes. I have seen British tourists in Amsterdam. No, I didn't see what you describe.

Do you call yourself "Ajarntrade" because you have no skills other than teaching people your native tongue. I've seen lots of sad Americans in Thailand who are capable of nothing other than that. Perhaps you are one of those.

If you teach your native tongue perhaps you could lose the space in "any where". Also there shouldn't be a comma after Amsterdam. Is that indicative of the quality of what you teach?

Beachlover
September 9th, 2009, 20:55
What does this comment have to do with a dispute between Australian Marines being ripped-off by a Thai con-artist?

Yes. I have seen British tourists in Amsterdam. No, I didn't see what you describe.

Do you call yourself "Ajarntrade" because you have no skills other than teaching people your native tongue. I've seen lots of sad Americans in Thailand who are capable of nothing other than that. Perhaps you are one of those.

If you teach your native tongue perhaps you could lose the space in "any where". Also there shouldn't be a comma after Amsterdam. Is that indicative of the quality of what you teach?

They were British Marines... Australia doesn't have Marines.

The young Marine who rented the jet ski was clearly out of his depth dealing with JJ...

I liked Tim, the MP.

I saw a lot of people getting scammed by these jet ski operators in Patong. Makes me sick.

JJ isn't a legitimate businessman. He doesn't earn money providing services. He's a crook running a criminal operation. Every hotel should have notices warning people not to hire jet skis there.

gerefan2
September 9th, 2009, 21:00
I liked Tim, the MP.
You mean the Military Policeman?
He was useless. He started right on this cunt JJ then backed down and let the poor guy get scammed for 35000Bt.
G"

September 9th, 2009, 21:52
You mean the Military Policeman?
He was useless. He started right on this cunt JJ then backed down and let the poor guy get scammed for 35000Bt.
G"

M.P's are there in foreign ports to keep their servicemen out of trouble and to arrest them if they are causing it. Even though the JJ character was obviously a crook the situation might well have developed into a full blown conflict possibly involving firearms if the Thai's had been pushed, we all know what hot tempers they have. I would say that the M.P. tried or pushed JJ as far as he could to see if he backed down then took the more, lets say diplomatic way out. We all know what would have happened if the Thai police had been there! Most of the local BIB are probably partners in the scam anyway.............

cheers

September 9th, 2009, 23:19
I am not quite sure what I find stranger - the "Fox News" type reporting of Bravo TV (whatever that is) or the antics of these yobs in uniform, none of whom were police or would have been acceptable as police in their own country. Walter Mitty is clearly alive and well and is going round dressed up as a stormtrooper complete with foreign para wings! The sooner the Thai authorities realise that these rather pathetic individuals are making the BIB look even more ridiculous and unable to deal with what should be their respnsibility the better. The volunteers who work in the Police Station itself do a reasonable and constructive job, but they are all too often tarred with the same brush as these failed football hooligans.

While you are technically correct, 2nd Commando Regiment (until recently 4 RAR) is the direct equivalent of the British Royal Marines (Royal Marine Commandos), with whom it carries out exchange postings and occasional individual course training, even though its traditional alliance with the British Army (from 4 RAR) continues to be with the Irish Guards. 1st Commando Regiment, a reserve unit, is affiliated with the Royal Marines. The main difference is simply that the British Royal Marines are part of the Royal Navy, even though they use Army ranks, many individuals attend Army courses and also serve in Army units, and the majority (40, 42 and 45 Commando) serve in the infantry or SFSG role, while the Australian Commandos are recruited from with the Army (both regular and reserve) and come under the Special Operations Command.

Brad the Impala
September 10th, 2009, 00:25

While you are technically correct, 2nd Commando Regiment (until recently 4 RAR) is the direct equivalent of the British Royal Marines (Royal Marine Commandos), with whom it carries out exchange postings and occasional individual course training, even though its traditional alliance with the British Army (from 4 RAR) continues to be with the Irish Guards. 1st Commando Regiment, a reserve unit, is affiliated with the Royal Marines. The main difference is simply that the British Royal Marines are part of the Royal Navy, even though they use Army ranks, many individuals attend Army courses and also serve in Army units, and the majority (40, 42 and 45 Commando) serve in the infantry or SFSG role, while the Australian Commandos are recruited from with the Army (both regular and reserve) and come under the Special Operations Command.

So, as the man wrote, Australia doesn't have marines.

September 10th, 2009, 00:54
So, as the man wrote, Australia doesn't have marines.

Since you labour the point, Brad, "Australia" does (http://www.royalmarinesassociation.org/), although the Australian Defence Force does not. Clearly your recent sagacity was only a passing phase.

joe552
September 10th, 2009, 02:06
GF, sorry but if Brad is 'technically correct' that means he's right, doesn't it? Forgive me, I'm Irish and English, while my own first language, can still confound me.

Beachlover
September 10th, 2009, 07:27
[quote=Beachlover]They were British Marines... Australia doesn't have Marines.

So, as the man wrote, Australia doesn't have marines.[/quote:jfke2nmg]

As the han-sam man wrote :-)

giggsy
September 10th, 2009, 18:28
Jet-Ski JJ, Winai Naiman: Now a 'I will ban jet-skis' warning

Jet-Ski JJ Arrested: 'I Will Ban Them' Warning
By Alan Morison and Chutima Sidasathian Thursday, September 10,

''JJ'' Naiman, 28, has been arrested and charged following an altercation about damage to a jet-ski in Patong that was telecast to an audience on the other side of the world.
The altercation, with British marines who were taking leave on Phuket, was filmed and became part of the premier episode of a television series that screened in Britain on Monday.
Having become instantly identifiable as ''JJ'' the jet-ski man, Mr Naiman now faces counts of demanding money with threats and possession of a weapon. A special screening of the television show, 'Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand,' took place at Kathu Police Station today with Mr Naiman and local media and police as the audience.
The first in the eight-part series went to air on British television on Monday night, bringing concerns about jet-ski scams on Phuket to a climax.
Thais who have seen the show are shocked at the image of tourism in Thailand that it portrays, with the jet-ski incident and Phang Ngan drug-taking the most alarming in a series of incidents.
Phuket's Governor, Wichai Praisa-nob, has been urged by the Deputy Prime Minister and senior diplomats from Australia and Britain to crack down on the scams.
Concern at the highest level comes as a similar crackdown takes place at Suvarnabhumi international airport in Bangkok, where gangs of illegal taxi drivers and extortionist tourist guides are being arrested.
Thailand now appears keen to clean up its tourism image, but the valuable industry will probably pay a high price for years of neglect and corruption.
The 'Big Trouble' series is likely to be sold for screening in other countries and will appear on television around the world for years to come.
Police at Kathu station said Mr Naiman had a history of involvement in similar incidents, in which operators claim large sums for pre-existing damage to jet-skis.
The governor, who went to the police station in Patong before attending a summit on the jet-ski issue, rejected an appeal from Mr Naiman's family for bail.
He said that although the weapon involved was a BB gun, intimidation of the kind shown on television was unacceptable.
''Jet-skis are allowed to operate as a sport in Patong, not as a business,'' he said. ''Unless this kind of activity stops, we will ban them all.''
Phuket's neighboring Andaman coast tourism provinces of Phang Nga and Krabi already have bans in place on jet-skis.
Phuket Jet-Ski Summit as 'Scam' Scandal Screens
Updating Report The television series that will probably damage Phuket's reputation for years has triggered a 'Scam Summt' as the Governor calls a crisis conference.[attachment=0:3ns8cqqo]20090907161031_1_normal.jpg[/attachment:3ns8cqqo]

September 10th, 2009, 19:11
Wow, maybe the media has at last woken some Thai's up, but don't hold your breath guys corruption or scams like that are too imbedded in the Thai culture.....Someone once told me that compared with other holiday destinations they preferred Thailand because at least most of the people smiled (unlike other places) when they were taking you for a ride................

:cheers:

Beachlover
September 10th, 2009, 20:04
I did a little fist pump when I read this :-) ... seeing tourists and families with little kids being scammed and threatened made me sick.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/09/ ... -thailand/ (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/09/10/arrest-follows-extortion-of-royal-marines-in-thailand/)

Tourism plays such a large role in Phuket's economy... the fear of the damage a program like this can do is enormous.

Beachlover
September 10th, 2009, 20:18
Photos here... http://phuketwan.com/tourism/jet-ski-ar ... ing-11552/ (http://phuketwan.com/tourism/jet-ski-arrested-ban-warning-11552/)

Rene
September 10th, 2009, 21:08
So all we have to do is to have an eight hour TV special in UK to get each scam artist arrested. We all know he'll soon be out and up to his old tricks. I think the first part of this series was a riot! I am still laughing. I just can't wait for part two! :headbang:

September 11th, 2009, 00:49
GF, sorry but if Brad is 'technically correct' that means he's right, doesn't it? Forgive me, I'm Irish and English, while my own first language, can still confound me.

Actually, no - it means he is probably just confused. All Marines are commandos, but not all commandos are Marines; some commandos are soldiers, some soldiers are commandos, but no Marines are soldiers and no soldiers are Marines; some soldiers serve in Commandos with Marines and some Marine commandos serve with soldiers away from their Commandos; Marines are never called commandos by other Marines although they may call other commandos commandos, particularly if they are soldiers and not booties or Ruperts; Marines often call other Marines Royals, and all Marines are Royals but as not all Marines are Royals, although all Marines are Marines, some are not Marines and those that aren't aren't called Royals; some Marine commandos have been commanded by soldiers, although they are not actually soldiers, but all Commandos are commanded by Marines who are not actually Marines.

Australia has some Marines but they have all finished being Marines and commandos; Australia does have commandos but does not have Commandos and all their commandos are soldiers but some are not soldiers although they are all commandos and some are not really soldiers at all; some of them are even marines but none are Marines.

Ireland does not have Marines but some Irish are Marines and a few are commandos but not Marines and some are Royals and some are not; some are even Ruperts.

Confounded yet?

giggsy
September 11th, 2009, 01:02
But GF
I can not believe you did not spot that sniper rifle was only a BB gun.You know we rely on you for things like that.

joe552
September 11th, 2009, 02:51
Well, when you explain it clearly like that GF, it all makes perfect sense. Thanks for taking the time. If you're not a teacher, you've missed your vocation.

Beachlover
September 11th, 2009, 07:24

Actually, no - it means he is probably just confused. All Marines are commandos, but not all commandos are Marines; some commandos are soldiers, some soldiers are commandos, but no Marines are soldiers and no soldiers are Marines; some soldiers serve in Commandos with Marines and some Marine commandos serve with soldiers away from their Commandos; Marines are never called commandos by other Marines although they may call other commandos commandos, particularly if they are soldiers and not booties or Ruperts; Marines often call other Marines Royals, and all Marines are Royals but as not all Marines are Royals, although all Marines are Marines, some are not Marines and those that aren't aren't called Royals; some Marine commandos have been commanded by soldiers, although they are not actually soldiers, but all Commandos are commanded by Marines who are not actually Marines.

Australia has some Marines but they have all finished being Marines and commandos; Australia does have commandos but does not have Commandos and all their commandos are soldiers but some are not soldiers although they are all commandos and some are not really soldiers at all; some of them are even marines but none are Marines.

Ireland does not have Marines but some Irish are Marines and a few are commandos but not Marines and some are Royals and some are not; some are even Ruperts.

Confounded yet?

I don't think anyone really cares about these intricacies... or your anal desire to be a superior authority.

We all know their roles and responsibilities can be mixed and varied. Australian paratroopers train for amphibious landings.

All that really needed to be said is Australia does not have a unit labeled as "Marines". And the soldiers in the video were British, not Australian. Is there any added value in further long-winded discussions?

cdnmatt
September 11th, 2009, 07:53
I did a little fist pump when I read this :-) ... seeing tourists and families with little kids being scammed and threatened made me sick.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/09/ ... -thailand/ (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/09/10/arrest-follows-extortion-of-royal-marines-in-thailand/)

Gotta love karma. :-)

Beachlover
September 11th, 2009, 22:13
Oh, you know, the best bit might be that JJ actually invited the journalists to come and film the incident gave permission for the footage to air. He signed the release forms and everything! Hahahahahaha

September 12th, 2009, 01:06
We all know their roles and responsibilities can be mixed and varied..... Is there any added value in further long-winded discussions?

Do "we" all know that? What a well informed lot "we" are. Maybe "we" did not realise that the ADF has no unit "labeled" as "paratroopers" either. Maybe "we" don't really have a clue what "we" are talking about. I have no idea what added value there is in this - after all, you are the one who repeated my post in its entireity.

Beachlover
September 12th, 2009, 15:31
Australia has a parachute battalion. One of my mates is a serving paratrooper.

Brad the Impala
September 12th, 2009, 15:52
The 3rd Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment (Parachute) 3 RAR is a parachute infantry battalion of the Australian Army, based in Sydney.

Wikipedia Reference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Battalion,_Royal_Australian_Regiment)

You will find Beachlover, that Gone Fishing has a habit of talking complete bollocks with absolute confidence in his divine right to be correct. When it is pointed out that he is wrong he usually throws a complete tantrum, and starts accusing people of being liars and idiots.

Beachlover
September 12th, 2009, 19:50
Thanks Brad, that sums it up well :-) Hahahahaha... long verbal tantrums and all.

September 13th, 2009, 21:57
Australia has a parachute battalion. One of my mates is a serving paratrooper.

Glad to see Brad, our resident expert at "talking complete bollocks with absolute confidence" on subjects on which he has no personal experience whatsoever, has found a friend at last.

I have not accused you of being either a liar or an idiot, BL, although Brad is certainly the latter, but you are simply mistaken - I am not talking from an unsourced Wiki reference in this case (Wiki is often wildly inaccurate in these matters - contrary to what they write on the British Parachute Regiment, for example, "Guards Para" has not existed for several decades!), but from personal experience.

3 RAR, based at Holsworthy Barracks, Sydney, is a rapid deployment air portable/parachute trained light infantry battalion which makes up the main part of Australia's Airborne Battle Group, with one company as a permanent Spearhead (48 hr NTM) unit.

Although 3 RAR is directly comparable to 2 or 3 Para of the British Army's Parachute Regiment, just as 2 Commando (until recently 4 RAR) is directly comparable to a Commando of the British Royal Marines, that is not how they are "labelled" even if that is what they are - the point you were the one to bring up.

On second thoughts, I was wrong - anyone who asks "Is there any added value in further long-winded discussions?" and then continues to make two further posts on the subject must be a bit of an idiot.

Patexpat
September 13th, 2009, 23:58
who gives a f .....

September 14th, 2009, 01:17
who gives a f .....

Well, not me really. I'll have to admit that when I said

I made a mistake.

However, that is a minor error compared with the folly of employing as a teacher someone intent on spreading anti-British hatred. I really don't think such a person should be allowed to influence young minds.

witchhunt
September 14th, 2009, 01:41
Marines are Marines, some are not Marines and those that aren't aren't called Royals; some Marine commandos have been commanded by soldiers, although they are not actually soldiers, but all Commandos are commanded by Marines who are not actually Marines.

Just to clear my mind after all this garbage, which Australian unit is or was Marines, was named as Marines of even was suggested as being Marines.

Diec
September 14th, 2009, 09:41
I think Girl Friend (GF) is trying her best, but it's just not coming through. Well now let's hold on for a second. I couldn't make it through her stupid post, but just because I found it stupid and long winded, dosen't mean it is. I'm sure Girl Friend tried to make a contribution to this forum, she tries hard.

September 14th, 2009, 23:33
Just to clear my mind after all this garbage, which Australian unit is or was Marines, was named as Marines of even was suggested as being Marines.

To answer your question, no unit in the ADF is named or labelled Marines, nor has any Australian unit been labelled Marines (capital "M").

A number of Australians, however, served as Marines and some are still serving as Marines, so there are some Australian Marines. It is actually quite simple.

1. Australians as well as those from any Commonwealth country and the Republic of Ireland are permitted to serve in the British military - a number served and still serve in the Royal Marines and there are a number of ex-RM associations in Australia. Some members of 2 Commando (ADF, formerly 4 RAR) have also been seconded to the Royal Marines.

2. 2 Commando has specialist marine units, responsible for operating amphibious craft and for maritime counter terrorism (similar to FPGRM, but considerably smaller).

3. "Marines" not only refers to those serving in the Royal Marines but is also used as a rank (as is "Royal"), equivalent to Private - thus a Royal Marine NCO or officer is a Marine by service but not by rank.

4. "Commando" not only refers to a unit approximately equivalent to an infantry battalion in size (eg 40, 42 or 45 Commando) but also to Royal Marine Commandos and to soldiers (Army) in 3 Commando Brigade such as those from 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery. Commandos (40, etc) are all commanded by Royal Marine officers, but some Army officers occasionally serve with the Marines for 2 years.

I could go on, but it is boring enough already and doesn't really have much relevance to Gay Thailand.

andrewcraig
September 15th, 2009, 03:36

To answer your question, no unit in the ADF is named or labelled Marines, nor has any Australian unit been labelled Marines (capital "M").

A number of Australians, however, served as Marines and some are still serving as Marines, so there are some Australian Marines. It is actually quite simple.

1. Australians as well as those from any Commonwealth country and the Republic of Ireland are permitted to serve in the British military - a number served and still serve in the Royal Marines and there are a number of ex-RM associations in Australia. Some members of 2 Commando (ADF, formerly 4 RAR) have also been seconded to the Royal Marines.

2. 2 Commando has specialist marine units, responsible for operating amphibious craft and for maritime counter terrorism (similar to FPGRM, but considerably smaller).

3. "Marines" not only refers to those serving in the Royal Marines but is also used as a rank (as is "Royal"), equivalent to Private - thus a Royal Marine NCO or officer is a Marine by service but not by rank.

4. "Commando" not only refers to a unit approximately equivalent to an infantry battalion in size (eg 40, 42 or 45 Commando) but also to Royal Marine Commandos and to soldiers (Army) in 3 Commando Brigade such as those from 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery. Commandos (40, etc) are all commanded by Royal Marine officers, but some Army officers occasionally serve with the Marines for 2 years.

I could go on, but it is boring enough already and doesn't really have much relevance to Gay Thailand.

You are so full of shit. Here is a link to the Dept of Defence renaming 4 RAR to 2 Commando just months ago.
http://www.defence.gov.au/media/Departm ... entId=9169 (http://www.defence.gov.au/media/DepartmentalTpl.cfm?CurrentId=9169)
No mention is made of Marine in any shape or form.
Your backpeddling is embarrassing.

September 15th, 2009, 04:08
GoneFisting is making a rite klunt of himself on this post.

Beachlover
September 15th, 2009, 04:21

A number of Australians, however, served as Marines and some are still serving as Marines, so there are some Australian Marines. It is actually quite simple....

You are so full of shit. Here is a link to the Dept of Defence renaming 4 RAR to 2 Commando just months ago.
http://www.defence.gov.au/media/Departm ... entId=9169 (http://www.defence.gov.au/media/DepartmentalTpl.cfm?CurrentId=9169)
No mention is made of Marine in any shape or form.
Your backpeddling is embarrassing.

I agree... waffling on like a relic trying in vain to prove he knows something of use, no matter how little everyone cares.

Australian CDO units have amphibious capabilities. As do the SASR squadrons. And the navy's Clearance Diving Teams... still, there are no Marines and the boys in Phuket were British, not Australian.

September 15th, 2009, 14:40
I agree... waffling on like a relic trying in vain to prove he knows something of use, no matter how little everyone cares.A little more compassion is required. He's sitting in Pattaya, retired ... how else can he fill in his day?

maisoui
September 15th, 2009, 15:30
I agree... waffling on like a relic trying in vain to prove he knows something of use, no matter how little everyone cares.A little more compassion is required. He's sitting in Pattaya, retired ... how else can he fill in his day?

Absolutely. He serves as a warning to us all of what may become of you if you retire to Pattaya.

Diec
September 15th, 2009, 15:34
I'm sure Girl Friend has a brain and likes to use it...however, she just does not express herself well here. You go Girl Friend!!

September 16th, 2009, 00:19

Maybe you missed the reference I made to "2nd Commando Regiment (until recently 4 RAR)" in my frst post on this thread; or maybe you simply have no idea what you are talking about, like Beachlover - the Navy have "amphibious capabilities"???? Next he'll be coming out with the shocking observation that the Air Force have planes that sometimes land. Unbelievable.

Diec - my post on "Marines are Marines, some are not Marines, etc" was a light-hearted response to Joe 552's post, which I imagine he had the intelligence to realise and understand. Witchhunt apparently did not and took it seriously, as did Andrew Craig and others, such as you. If you (AC, BL, etc) cannot understand the simple difference between unit titles, roles, job descriptions and appointments then the post was wasted on you and I do indeed have better things to do than to try to improve your language skills. Maybe next time some pictures would be more appropriate.

CP / maisoui - I do not live in Pattaya.

joe552
September 16th, 2009, 00:55
It was of course obvious to me that GF's response to my intervention was intended to be humourous. Shame it wasn't obvious to everyone.

Time to move on, I think. Life's too short.

Diec
September 17th, 2009, 00:08
Girl Friend, you tried to be astute, but it just wasn't working for you. Try something else.