PDA

View Full Version : BKK, quiet but a good time to be had

latintopxxx
September 8th, 2009, 14:06
Just back from a long weekend in BKK, stayed at Babylon, probably only about 15 guests in the hotel side (but strangely enough lots of action in the shared bathroom facilities).

Found silom soi 4 fairly quiet comoared to a few months back, had dinner at the telephone bar on all 3 nights and at most the terrace area was onloy half full, same across the way at the Balcony.

Popped in at Tawan, probably only 2/3 full for the 10.30 show, bloody good show it was too, was totally surprised that unlike the other venues they launched into the fuck show almost at the very beginning; good though, one of the bottoms was very masculine looking, prefer it to the usual soft femine girly bottoms they usually have.

Surawongse, again not full, took in the shows at several of the gogo bars, dream, BBB, X-boys, fresh beach (excellent show there, have a new very energetic top who puts on a really good performance); offed boys two nights running, very eager to close a deal, business is slow...so they claim.

Had massage at "prime" on silom soi 6, excellent, BHT400 for 60 min oil massage, tip 100 to 300 depending on the service provided, not advertised as gay but all services available.

Overall, found BKK refreshingly quiet and had a real good time, not the usual frenetic pace that I associate with BKK.

searcher
September 8th, 2009, 15:29
Coming to BKK on Sunday, so it would be interesting to know if prices have changed (increased) since June. Off fee, drinks "service fee" of the boys etc. especially in Fresh Boys and Hot Male. BTW You have switched from Dusit to Babylon...seems that times are getting rougher for Farang business men, too. (just teasing).

latintopxxx
September 8th, 2009, 17:42
Prices most definitely dropped, not that I ever paid much anyway, can't believe some of the amounts mentioned here, reckon I got money because I hold onto it.

To give you an idea, an hour long oil massage at prime costs 400, tip is 100, if you fuck the masseur (or vise versa I guess) tip is 300...have never had any complaints, big smiles, always glad to see me; if u looking for a good bottom ask for "Gob", don't mind mentioning his name as he asked me to send my "friends".....

As for the Dusit, on business it's the Dusit as meeting clients so image counts, but on holiday or just transiting then Babs is good, actually prefer Babs as you get to meet like minded /intresting people whereas at the Dusit guests tend not to mingle.
besides the shared showers are so much fun at Babs...

September 8th, 2009, 19:36
As far as your personal safety was concerned. Did you feel safe walking around Silom, Suriwong and the soi's at night?

Sen Yai
September 8th, 2009, 19:51
I was also in Bangkok last weekend and, whilst it was a little quiet in the bars at night, I would say that it was no quieter than it has been for most of this year - maybe something to do with the world financial crisis effecting the number of tourists...

However, the shopping malls are crowded duing the day and the traffic is still quite bad in places, so there is not much change for the locals.

All the bars I visited had a reasonably number of customers, although none were as busy as they were a few years ago. Jupiter always has a full house, although you can usually get a seat these days - unlike a few years back when it was standing room only if you arrived after the show started. DJ (and the rest of Soi 2) was packed at the weekend - again mostly locals and other SE Asians, but there were a few farangs.

soi_toi - yes, I felt perfectly safe walking around Silom and Suriwong at night, as I always do. Why do you ask? Have there been reports of any danger?

September 8th, 2009, 23:57
soi_toi - yes, I felt perfectly safe walking around Silom and Suriwong at night, as I always do. Why do you ask? Have there been reports of any danger?

Only what we've seen in the headlines and then there are the rumours of course.

It's reassuring to read that the streets are 'perfectly' safe. :hello1:

Sen Yai
September 9th, 2009, 00:41
soi_toi, what headlines and what rumours?

And btw, I only said that I felt perfectly safe, I didn't say the streets are prefectly safe. Take care!

Brad the Impala
September 9th, 2009, 01:06
In fact the streets, or at least the pavements, are quite dangerous for the unwary. All that uneveness.

Sen Yai
September 9th, 2009, 01:21
Brad, it is clear that you haven't been to Bangkok for awhile. Over the last few months there has been a major programme of re-laying the pavements of Sathorn, Saladaeng and Silom. I think Soi Convent will be next and then perhaps Suriwong.

It makes walking through the night market stalls along Silom so much easier! And Smiles would be very interested in the replacement of the man-holes - many of which now have recessed covers where the colour and pattern of the paving is maintained. There is even new street furniture in the form of iron bollards at all access driveways to prevent vehicles travelling along the pavements (sidewalks) and ornate street lighting poles.

Generally, the quality of the work is quite good and will perhaps last longer that the previous attempts at paving. A proper sub-base was laid and the detailing is quite good. However, the QC did slip a bit in some of the most heavily trafficked areas along Silom, but there was a gang out this weekend repairing some cuts and joints that have already failed.

Brad the Impala
September 9th, 2009, 02:33
Sen Yai, I am impressed by this information, and by your perspicacity in that I was last in Bangkok in January. At that time there was quite a lot of pavement work going on, which meant to me at the time more hazards in half finished work with narrowed pavements and regular pavement workers crouching down blocking my path.

I am delighted to hear that the work was worthwhile. To my shame I had my doubts. My view may have been coloured in general by a tumble I took in Soi Convent a few years back on my way to the bars. I blamed the pavement, my bf blamed the distraction of the cute guy that had just passed me. I think that he was probably right. Anyway we continued into the night, but next day a visit to BNH revealed a broken bone in my foot.

September 9th, 2009, 06:00
The pattern on Silom pavement repairs / replacement is:

Step 1: 6 months: tear up the old pavement
Step 2: 2 months later start the repaving
Step 3: 4 months later finish the repaving
Step 4: 2 months later some government "Official" sees a new coloured paving stone and decides to make the pavement on Silom more beautiful.
Step 5: Return to step 1

- ajarntrade

latintopxxx
September 9th, 2009, 17:05
"Re: BKK, quiet but a good time to be had
Author: ajarntrade ┬╗ Tue 8 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm

The pattern on Silom pavement repairs / replacement is:

Step 1: 6 months: tear up the old pavement
Step 2: 2 months later start the repaving
Step 3: 4 months later finish the repaving
Step 4: 2 months later some government "Official" sees a new coloured paving stone and decides to make the pavement on Silom more beautiful.
Step 5: Return to step 1

- ajarntrade
ajarntrade

Oh Dear...ajarntrade why so sarcastic, can't you give credit where it's due, pavements are done up nicely, be happy!! or do you always see the glass as half empty ...doom and gloom.......

Beachlover
September 10th, 2009, 08:19
Well, here are my observations from a recent trip to BKK...

- Silom Rd has improved enormously... there seems to be a 40-60% reduction in vendors, which made the sidewalk easy to navigate. Not slow/hot/crowded like it used to be. There didn't seem to be any crawling/ambling beggars to slow things down this time as well. Congrats to the authorities.

- I felt perfectly safe walking around at night... but I am always wary and so should anyone be, walking around BKK at night.

- DJ Station was fantastic... lots of people, both farangs and Thais having lots of fun. Plenty of interesting people to meet and talk to. And lots of cute Thai boys around too.

- Went and saw the big stage show at Bangkok Boys (or was it Dream Boy?) at Soi Twilight... Really liked it. It was quite creative and entertaining. Especially loved the Michael Jackson, Black or White performance they did. Did anyone else see this? How cool is it?

- BKK is really really hot at this time of the year... in the middle of the day, you can sweat just standing on the street!

- A note about Babylon's body scrub... that was the most abrasive scrub I have ever had... my skin sure feels smooth and shiny now though... made a real difference compared to the other scrub I had so maybe it was worth it.

- Thai boys are still v cute and heaps of fun :blackeye:

Shuee
September 11th, 2009, 00:04
Where is the nearest massage place to malaysia hotel, as i dont think their own in house massage place in the blobby is still open?

September 11th, 2009, 00:12
I don't think you could possibly be anywhere in Thailand and be less than 50 feet from a massage place.

Brad the Impala
September 11th, 2009, 00:15
Where is the nearest massage place to malaysia hotel, as i dont think their own in house massage place in the blobby is still open?

I think that you are confused. The blobbys don't host massages, they are the customers.

aussie_
September 11th, 2009, 21:42
if you fuck the masseur (or vise versa I guess) tip is 300...have never had any complaints, big smiles, always glad to see me

300 :sign5:

TrongpaiExpat
September 12th, 2009, 12:18
if you fuck the masseur (or vise versa I guess) tip is 300...have never had any complaints, big smiles, always glad to see me

300 :sign5:

Same-Same troll with the same-same story (more or less) desperately attempting to punch buttons.

Shuee
September 13th, 2009, 15:39
there is a shop at the opposite end of the coffee shop at malaysia, thats the massage place

i have another question, what time do the massage places open in the daytime in soi twilight? what are the going rates

TrongpaiExpat
September 13th, 2009, 23:06
there is a shop at the opposite end of the coffee shop at malaysia, thats the massage place

i have another question, what time do the massage places open in the daytime in soi twilight? what are the going rates

I assume you mean Bonny, Red Massage and Bangkok Massage but not sure why you want to go there with better options. They open at 1300 (Thai Time) but few boys then, more show up latter.

September 13th, 2009, 23:47
I assume you mean Bonny, Red Massage and Bangkok Massage but not sure why you want to go there with better options. They open at 1300 (Thai Time) but few boys then, more show up latter.

Surely you have to pay a premium to get an oil or cream massage. Afterall, with such a vast area of :snorting: flesh :snorting: to be greased, you must use more than your fair share of natural resources ... and as an American you must consider this to be your 'right'. :thebirdman:

December 20th, 2009, 08:06
To give you an idea, an hour long oil massage at prime costs 400, tip is 100, if you fuck the masseur (or vise versa I guess) tip is 300...have never had any complaints, big smiles, always glad to see me; if u looking for a good bottom ask for "Gob", don't mind mentioning his name as he asked me to send my "friends".....

At "Prime", do the massage boys shower before they massage you? :sex:

December 20th, 2009, 22:08
tip is 300...have never had any complaints, big smiles, always glad to see me

I guess this was written by a young, handsome, charming individual, whom the boys are eager to be with, despite the paltry tip. For the normal customer, anything less than a 500 Baht tip would seem to be unmindful of the present cost of living.

December 21st, 2009, 00:40
300 baht tip seems all right. After all, you fuck the boy, you cum, he doesn't. He can continue working on the next customer in line. And keep in mind, the boy quality at Prime is not up the the level of Hero or Senso. And they know it. If they have the look and the body of Hero or Senso, why would they work at Prime? :tard:
Now I am more concerned if they clean up themselve before they start the session with each customer.

December 21st, 2009, 21:43
I suppose I should not comment on tips at massage places since I never go to them, but in general, I still think 300 Baht for any sort of sexual services is rather at the low end of decency. That price range might be more suitable for Lumpini Park.

TrongpaiExpat
December 21st, 2009, 23:44
You guys are so gullible.

latintopxxx
December 26th, 2009, 04:34
have you ever stopped to consider that possibly...just possibly...you are the only one paying far too much.....mimimum daily BKK wahe is 200/day...hello!!!
All I want is an hour of the boys time, not the whole day...not a pound of flesh...just wanna pound his flesh....haha!!
No wonder you end up penniless in BKk....