PDA

View Full Version : DICLOFENAC/DICLOFLEX - Available OTC in Thailand?

September 8th, 2009, 02:30
Hi

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy Diclofenac Sodium tablets/caps Over The Counter in Thailand i.e without prescription?

For the avoidance of doubt, it's an anti-inflammatory medication

Would be grateful for advice.

:bounce:

gra46
September 8th, 2009, 05:55
Hi

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy Diclofenac Sodium tablets/caps Over The Counter in Thailand i.e without prescription?

For the avoidance of doubt, it's an anti-inflammatory medication

Would be grateful for advice.

:bounce:
Most Medication in thailand is without a prescription over the counter so i cant see why an anti-inflammatory not ,

jvt22222
September 8th, 2009, 07:00
100% YES ......... on South Pattaya road going toward the beach from Second Road junction it can be bought very cheaply at the always reliable Sang-A-Nant pharmacy ........... also available at the new Fascino Pharmacy on South Pattaya Road just across from Wat Chai. ........ likely to be available from most pharmacies in the area.

September 8th, 2009, 15:34
Just to add to the replies, there are 25mg, 50mg, 75mg and 100mg tablets available, usually around 100baht a strip of 10, as tradename Voltaren and other generic brands. Even Boots sells them, but at inflated prices. Also available in gel form

I know some of the Pattaya residents are accused of being predators, but how about this?

BBC report on Diclofenac in India (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3706346.stm)