PDA

View Full Version : Our dear friend Mick...May he Rest in Peace!

travelerjim
September 7th, 2009, 12:40
Dear Friends,

Received this sad e-mail this morning ...

May Mick- who always brought much joy and a welcoming smile
to me and my bf every time we met up...at Le Cafe Royale...
he always made you feel very special...and happy to see you!

Rest in Peace..dear friend, you will be missed!

tj

"It is with the greatest of sadness that we need to let you know that Mick
passed away during the night. According to the hospital staff Mick died peacefully.

We currently do not have any more information but we wanted you to know
immediately. We will send another e-mail once we receive further details.
Tim and Tom"

September 7th, 2009, 21:18
Mick was a gentleman - honest, true, altruistic and open. For all of us who were privileged to know him, Pattayaland will be an emptier place without his exuberance, friendship, enthusiasm, good humour and great personality.

RIP

September 7th, 2009, 22:05
I am crushed, just crushed. Only the good die young. RIP.

markie1
September 7th, 2009, 23:44
All though not a close friend of Mick's,he was always pleasent to talk with, and i am sure he will be missed purched up against the bar in cafe royal by his close friends,,coming from yorkshire i always found him entertaining and loved his accent.
Rest in peace.

mark

September 8th, 2009, 06:00
Another triumph for the "wonderful" British NHS.

Didn't know Mick at all, but just from following the board it seems he was at least holding on in a Thai hospital, only for the NHS to finish him off within days of arriving back in Britain.

In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti. Requiescat in pace et in amore.

September 8th, 2009, 09:11
There's a new star in the heavens tonight, and its name is Mick.

Please...a wonderful, kind man has passed away. Show a little respect.

September 8th, 2009, 15:04
Another triumph for the "wonderful" British NHS,People here wonder why we oppose Obama's health care plan. That's why.

September 8th, 2009, 16:12
BeachBunny,
They are the best words you have ever spoken. Yes there is a new star, and it will sparkle forever. I knew Mick personaly, even played the quiz with him at oscars, and what an inteligent man he was.
It's a sad day today.

pp

Diec
September 8th, 2009, 18:57
Mick was my dearest friend, he had a twinkle in his eye and a spring in his step. Oh how he liked to chuckle and offer advice. Always quick with a knowing wink and a smile. You will be missed Mick...RIP

Brad the Impala
September 8th, 2009, 19:02
At the current rate of demise of our posters and other pattaya residents, perhaps there is a call for a special "sunset" forum for reports on the deaths and final days and diseases.

It would serve a second purpose, to aid those with failing memories to recall who is no longer on this planet.