PDA

View Full Version : Beach City Gyms in Thailand

September 3rd, 2009, 13:05
We are headed beachward and I was wondering about the availability of gyms in the major cities on beaches which in immediate interest include Chaweng (Samuii), Phuket, Krabi, Hua Hin.

I know that there was a graet gym in the back of the Holiday Inn in Phuket but I do not know the situation now. Same in Chaweng there was/is an unairconditioned gym second floor along their "beach road" near the famous cabaret.

I'm not necessarily looking for "cruising" gyms but average, independent gyms, free weights, machines, maybe a pool, and more 'single' type than 'family'. "Gay friendly" of course, is preferred.

I'm NOT looking for "California Experience" gyms (major chains)" that overcharge day visitors to try to convince them to get an annual membership. I also walked into a global or national gym chain one day and was told that I had to fill out a 4 page marketing survey (that by the way had numerous questions of irrelevance) BEFORE I would be taken on a tour. NO thanks! I stop right there. I am looking for a gym, not to be marketed to.

I am focussing on BEACHES :salute: , but anyone who might readily have suggestions for important destinations like Chiang Mai, Pattaya etc. would be appreciated and result in a useful tabulation for travelers to Thailand, THANKS.