PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Where to Retire

September 2nd, 2009, 16:19
This poll is set to run for thirty days with single unchangeable options.

gra46
September 2nd, 2009, 18:06
None of the above there a lot more places in thailand than the ones named ...

September 2nd, 2009, 18:16
You're all free to retire anywhere you like, as long as it is as far away from me as possible. Possibly, the feeling is mutual -- which suits me just fine.

Irish1972
September 2nd, 2009, 18:35
You're all free to retire anywhere you like, as long as it is as far away from me as possible. Possibly, the feeling is mutual -- which suits me just fine.

Damn, and I was going to come stay with you next time I am in BKK

Wesley
September 2nd, 2009, 18:39

Damn, and I was going to come stay with you next time I am in BKK

Indeed on both points stay away and not stay with you,

Wes

September 2nd, 2009, 18:40

I'll be pleased to accommodate this. Please post your address.

PS Elmer Fudd is also interested.

PeterUK
September 2nd, 2009, 19:01
I'm so pleased that this poll includes both Pattaya and Jomtien. Those of us who live in Jomtien can indulge in the excesses of Pattaya like pigs in a trough while informing anyone who asks (smiling with knowing superiority as we do so) that we actually live in Jomtien, don't you know - a place that they have quite possibly never heard of and that might make them think that we are here for the bracing sea air and cultural excursions. Jomtien's the place to be!

PeterUK
September 2nd, 2009, 19:36
Instead of bring branded a sex tourist and carrying around the stigma of living in Pattaya.

Precisely. You're so quick on the uptake.

mahjongguy
September 2nd, 2009, 20:16
Unless you've got the funds to live decently well here, please choose "Your own country but with extended visits".

You may think that's it's better to be poor here than poor in Farangland, but it's not.

September 2nd, 2009, 20:39
Unless you've got the funds to live decently well here, please choose "Your own country but with extended visits".

You may think that's it's better to be poor here than poor in Farangland, but it's not.

Agreed, one might be able to better survive here on basicly nothing (which might suit guys in their early to late twenties) as do most of the unlicensed language teachers but if any mishaps or sickness befall you then to get treated will cost you the earth.......

:cheers:

Wesley
September 2nd, 2009, 20:47

There is the option other in Thailand, I guess you could click that one.

Wes

September 2nd, 2009, 21:32

Agreed, one might be able to better survive here on basicly nothing (which might suit guys in their early to late twenties) as do most of the unlicensed language teachers but if any mishaps or sickness befall you then to get treated will cost you the earth.......
:cheers:
Especially in the overpriced, second rate hospitals of Pattaya.
If you need urgent, competent treatment in Thailand at any cost then Bangkok is the only place to live.
Take note of recent threads on Allen Briggs & Mick of Cafe Royale.

cdnmatt
September 2nd, 2009, 21:34
Asking where is the best place to retire is a bit like asking what are the best physical attributes for your sex partner. Everyone is looking for something different!

sjaak327
September 3rd, 2009, 00:12
I'm so pleased that this poll includes both Pattaya and Jomtien. Those of us who live in Jomtien can indulge in the excesses of Pattaya like pigs in a trough while informing anyone who asks (smiling with knowing superiority as we do so) that we actually live in Jomtien, don't you know - a place that they have quite possibly never heard of and that might make them think that we are here for the bracing sea air and cultural excursions. Jomtien's the place to be!

I always thought that Jomtien was part of Pattaya.

rincondog
September 3rd, 2009, 00:29
Another useless poll.

PeterUK
September 3rd, 2009, 00:31
I always thought that Jomtien was part of Pattaya.

Don't be so tediously factual.

September 3rd, 2009, 01:36
Another useless poll.

Another useless comment.

gra46
September 3rd, 2009, 06:34

Wes
Yes I can now BUT it wasnt there before but i sure will tell Smiles where i retire he can update my pic on his pc ...

September 3rd, 2009, 07:08

Wes

He is a bit thick Wes he's from the Outback spent too much time with the Abos

gra46
September 3rd, 2009, 07:51

Wes

He is a bit thick Wes he's from the Outback spent too much time with the Abos
Another useless comment or should i say handle

September 3rd, 2009, 16:12

Wes

In fairness, Wes, I should confess that was added after gra46's observation.

September 9th, 2009, 20:02
So this is running as a majority of people recommending to retire in Thailand, with only 27% recommending frequent trips from the country of origin.

joe552
September 10th, 2009, 02:16
How many of those voting have already made the move and retired in Thailand? After my first few trips it seemed like the ideal place, but medical concerns (among others) mean I'll probably stay in Europe, though not Ireland.

September 10th, 2009, 16:00
A "permanent" home means somewhere you don't want or expect to leave, doesn't it? But Thailand only gives out annual visas which can be renewed - or not - at the whim of a Thai bureaucrat?

September 10th, 2009, 16:07
A "permanent" home means somewhere you don't want or expect to leave, doesn't it? But Thailand only gives out annual visas which can be renewed - or not - at the whim of a Thai bureaucrat?

What are you doing up at 4:00am, pet? Pacing your Texas linoleum floor fretting about finding a job?

September 10th, 2009, 19:06
A "permanent" home means somewhere you don't want or expect to leave, doesn't it? But Thailand only gives out annual visas which can be renewed - or not - at the whim of a Thai bureaucrat?What are you doing up at 4:00am, pet? Pacing your Texas linoleum floor fretting about finding a job?My rich Texan sugar daddy is SO demanding!