PDA

View Full Version : Buying clothes

September 2nd, 2009, 10:42
Hi,

I would like to take a small bag as I will take a lot of Air Asia flights and they always overcharged (my big bag even empty is heavy). So, I'm thinking to buy clothes in Bangkok. I'm sure I can find XL tee shirts but I'm not sure to find 39-40 UK size pants or shorts (50-52 french size) as thais do not have this waist. Do you think it can be found and where ?

Thanks

September 2nd, 2009, 10:48
Hi,

I would like to take a small bag as I will take a lot of Air Asia flights and they always overcharged (my big bag even empty is heavy). So, I'm thinking to buy clothes in Bangkok. I'm sure I can find XL tee shirts but I'm not sure to find 39-40 UK size pants or shorts (50-52 french size) as thais do not have this waist. Do you think it can be found and where ?

Thanks

A tent shop?

September 2nd, 2009, 10:54
in Silom Complex on level 3 next to the entrance to Central department store, there is a shop called 'XL for Men'. They probably have other branches around, but thats the only one I have seen.
Also in MBK, many of the clothes stalls there carry farang sizes.

allieb
September 2nd, 2009, 13:02
Hi,

Thanks

A tent shop?

Which tent shop would you recomend? And please give directions

September 2nd, 2009, 13:45
You'd think, coming from where you do, that a tent would be the last thing you'd want to see when you reach civilization.

But, here you go:

http://bangkokpartytent.com/

mahjongguy
September 2nd, 2009, 20:07
In addition to "XL For Men", Silom Complex has a shop called "Export". They don't specialize in large clothes but they include them in their range of sizes.

Here in Pattaya there are small shops on Second Road, one in particular near South Pattaya Road, which advertise "8XL". That's short for XXXXXXXXL. Kid you not.

September 2nd, 2009, 20:13
Why not get your shirts, slacks etc., tailored? It takes little time and doesn't cost much in comparison. The tailors will also keep your measurements so you can order from home and get whatever sent to you........

:cheers:

September 2nd, 2009, 22:49
Please it is not funny. I would rather be fit, it is not easy to find the clothes I would like to wear.
I have disorder. I'm almost all year in diet and work out 5 days a week. I would probably weight more than 200 kilograms if I did not have a strict diet. I'm not proud to be overweight but life can be sometimes difficult. I hope you will never have medical issues in your life !

rincondog
September 3rd, 2009, 00:20
If you are looking for sympathy this is definitely the wrong forum.

giggsy
September 3rd, 2009, 01:31
Please it is not funny. I would rather be fit, it is not easy to find the clothes I would like to wear.
I have disorder. I'm almost all year in diet and work out 5 days a week. I would probably weight more than 200 kilograms if I did not have a strict diet. I'm not proud to be overweight but life can be sometimes difficult. I hope you will never have medical issues in your life !

FATTMAN thank god your back. we did miss you for a while.

Shuee
September 3rd, 2009, 22:51
how about Levis for your bf, wheres good to buy in pty? & no copies!

September 3rd, 2009, 23:01
There's a Levis boutique at Royal Garden Plaza, ground floor.

September 3rd, 2009, 23:08
how about Levis for your bf, wheres good to buy in pty? & no copies!

Why no copies? Nine times out of ten they can't tell the difference as long as you say you brought them in a department store, you don't have to say which one...............

:cheers:

Shuee
September 3rd, 2009, 23:17
thanks BB, but any market stalls selling the real deal Levi jeans also

Diec
September 3rd, 2009, 23:40
Imenard, which disease do you have that will not allow you to shed weight? Fork in mouth disease?

As for Levis, Levis are so passe'. They're not even made in America anymore so who cares if they're original or not?

Shuee
September 4th, 2009, 01:22
i not concerned where there made, im just after good quality jeans, ie Levi's, & good prices, as i want a pair as well!

September 5th, 2009, 19:05
If you are looking for sympathy this is definitely the wrong forum.

I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just looking for respect. Laugh of any physical characteristic could not be tolerated in any forum.

September 5th, 2009, 19:21
I had thyroid disorders about 10 year ago. I took about 40 kgs in about 6 months. Now, it is stabilized.

But I have also a SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) twice per year : one in march and another in september. Hopefully I go every year in september in Asia so I can avoid it but there is still the one in march. SAD is like a big jetlag : you wake up at 1am and are tired all day, you fall in sleep at 6pm and you take about 8-10 kgs in a few days (sometimes a weekend). It takes 2 or 3 weeks to resynchronize your body by using special light.