PDA

View Full Version : Russians in Pattaya

kjun12
September 1st, 2009, 17:32
Can someone explain why there are so many Russians in Pattaya? Are they all Maffia running female prostitutes or are some of them just tourist?

September 1st, 2009, 18:07
Can someone explain why there are so many Russians in Pattaya? Are they all Maffia running female prostitutes or are some of them just tourist?

Same reason you're there. It's cheap, there's plenty of sun, sex and drugs, the food is good, and they can go there without a visa. What's the big mystery?

thrillbill
September 1st, 2009, 18:33
There are chartered cheap flights from Moscow to Utapao (sp) (the old military airport south of Pattaya that is now trying to become an "international airport"0 Five years ago there were very few Russians visiting Pattaya but now (according to the tourist stats) Russians make up about 60% of the tourists in Pattaya. They're not all cheap tourists, many of them stay in the 4-5 star hotels.
I have read where the Russian men have upset the Walking Street bargirls since they bring their lilly white girl friends or wife with them to Pattaya and prefer not to pick up a Thai lady. Also, they would rather buy beer at a Seven Eleven than buy a drink at a bar.

The old generation (who grew up under communism) are a bit rough and lack people skills, but the younger generation seems to be more friendly and "worldly" --but that is just my observation (which will upset some people reading this forum)

September 1st, 2009, 18:39
(which will upset some people reading this forum)

You could say 2+2=4 and it would upset some people reading this forum.

Wesley
September 1st, 2009, 23:22
I lived in or around Russia for ten years, its all they can afford, the flight is cheap the conversion rates for them are good, Women are cheap and they can live almost as cheaply there as they can at home. So, its simple economics and they have a small set of restaurants that serve their food and some that speak and have the menuew in Russian. So, its all about the
money.
Wes

September 2nd, 2009, 00:14
The good new is that a number of gay Russian boys hang out at the gay beach. The bad news is that the Thai boys think that the Russian boys are hot, and are giving them free the same services you are paying. :pirate:

September 2nd, 2009, 00:30
The good new is that a number of gay Russian boys hang out at the gay beach. The bad news is that the Thai boys think that the Russian boys are hot, and are giving them free the same services you are paying. :pirate:

You beat me to it...

I was going to ask what of the Russian gay boys. Are there any or many wandering the soi's, gay bar and beaches in Pattaya and Jomtien? Are they anything to look at like the Bel Ami boys?

I've never been with a Russian guy...could be hot, or not!

Wesley
September 2nd, 2009, 03:44
not mentioning they generally take a bath only once a week, are uncut and have no idea how to take care of it , they are usually hung and selfish as hell in bed,

Wes

September 2nd, 2009, 04:56
not mentioning they generally take a bath only once a week, are uncut and have no idea how to take care of it , they are usually hung and selfish as hell in bed,

Wes

eeew...Thanks for the heads up, Wes.

Case closed :vis: :pop:

The bad news is that the Thai boys think that the Russian boys are hot, and are giving them free the same services you are paying. :pirate:

How long will that last if the above is true?

Wesley
September 2nd, 2009, 05:40
[quote=Wesley]not mentioning they generally take a bath only once a week, are uncut and have no idea how to take care of it , they are usually hung and selfish as hell in bed,

Wes

Given the Thai boys already don't like the smell of most white guys, I Guess its the food we eat. I would suppose the odor of the average Russian will be enough to stop that after one use. Ha ha

Wes

eeew...Thanks for the heads up, Wes.

Case closed :vis: :pop:

The bad news is that the Thai boys think that the Russian boys are hot, and are giving them free the same services you are paying. :pirate:

How long will that last if the above is true?[/quote:2ic2jsaj]

bing
September 2nd, 2009, 19:18
I can't speak of all Russians but on my last trip to Russia in 2008, I did find the men tall and a bit shower challenged. On the other hand when I met a 6foot 6 inch Russian sailor during a sailing ship weekend in NYC. He was band box fresh and fun and of all things only wanted to drink orange juice. There are some gems out there and some do sparkle.

Wesley
September 2nd, 2009, 20:55
I may have left out the phrase in general, and yes I have met a few as have you. however, its not the norm. Also if he is in NYC likely he has overcome the cultural need to skp the weekly public bath and take a shower daily. I find some of them actually quite hot, while others seems to shine until you get a whiff of the weekly buildup.

Wes

puckered_penguin
September 3rd, 2009, 07:10

Wes
So they are similar to the British then apart from them being intact

Russian speakers are now the most important international tourist group coming to Pattaya and Pattaya would be in deep shit without them. Their shit may smell but it sure is important to the local economy.

September 3rd, 2009, 07:17

Wes

Russian speakers are now the most important international tourist group coming to Pattaya and Pattaya would be in deep shit without them. Their shit may smell but it sure is important to the local economy.

From what I recall the Maltees don't exactly promote personal hygene

Wesley
September 3rd, 2009, 08:01

Wes

and ... ?

gearguy
September 3rd, 2009, 09:07
met a boy from Malta one time when I was in Paris; it was a ripe experience.

Diec
September 3rd, 2009, 09:30
The nerve of those damn stinky Russians! Polluting our lovely, tender, gentle, clean, adorable Thai boys with their offensive body odor. Russians stink to high heaven, yet they want our Thai boys to service them properly, even though our poor Thai boys are gagging from the smell of them. If the Russians were not contributing the the Pattaya economy, I would say ban them from entering the country and save our Thai boys a trip to hell.

puckered_penguin
September 3rd, 2009, 11:15

Wes

and ... ?

Go here Wes click here (http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2006/08/economics-for-idiots-101.html)

Impulse
September 3rd, 2009, 11:28
The nerve of those damn stinky Russians! Polluting our lovely, tender, gentle, clean, adorable Thai boys with their offensive body odor. Russians stink to high heaven, yet they want our Thai boys to service them properly, even though our poor Thai boys are gagging from the smell of them. If the Russians were not contributing the the Pattaya economy, I would say ban them from entering the country and save our Thai boys a trip to hell.Yes,ban those damn russians.And mark the hiv+ ones with a bright red marking before they leave.

September 3rd, 2009, 12:04
It wasn't long ago that I was lambasted as a racist for calling Saudis smelly.

I guess there is a different standard for those in this thread saying the same thing about Russians.

Wesley
September 3rd, 2009, 12:07
Wes[/quote]

Russian speakers are now the most important international tourist group coming to Pattaya and Pattaya would be in deep shit without them. Their shit may smell but it sure is important to the local economy.[/quote]

and ... ?[/quote]

Go here Wes click here (http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2006/08/economics-for-idiots-101.html)[/quote]

Oh my, thanks for the informative charts but I fell asleep about half way through, does that make me an idiot?

Wes

September 3rd, 2009, 13:07
Oh my, thanks for the informative charts but I fell asleep about half way through, does that make me an idiot?

Wes

Wes, you have to stop making it so easy for people

kjun12
September 3rd, 2009, 17:26
Now that we have established that the hygiene of the Russians is not very good, can someone tell me, if they know, whether Russians in Pattaya are involved in mafia type criminal activities or not.

September 3rd, 2009, 17:31
Now that we have established that the hygiene of the Russians is not very good, can someone tell me, if they know, whether Russians in Pattaya are involved in mafia type criminal activities or not.

Some, probably, but only a small fraction of the total. Just like other farangs. There are plenty these days just visiting as tourists.

September 3rd, 2009, 18:19

Does it matter? If they are gay and have money (such as others of a different nationality) then a lot of people would just ignore the fact anyway!

:cheers:

Wesley
September 3rd, 2009, 20:50

Does it matter? If they are gay and have money (such as others of a different nationality) then a lot of people would just ignore the fact anyway!

:cheers:

Likely yes , but who isn't now days,

Wes

maisoui
September 3rd, 2009, 21:21
met a boy from Malta one time when I was in Paris; it was a ripe experience.

Asia is full of Mall Teasers.

psd1315
September 8th, 2009, 11:44
I have been coming to Thailand over the last 10 years. Seeing all the Russians in the last 3 or 4 years is quite disappointing. I have known and hired a few Russians over the years but find most to be unworthy, dishonest obnoxious, rude and pushy least to say more drunk red-faced than most tourist. The boys I know say they are cheap and have no respect for Thais or their culture тАж I never felt this way against a class of people or country, but now I fully understand why the Germans had such an agenda toward them not so many years ago.

firecat69
September 8th, 2009, 15:10
Really interesting how a few travelers can color the perception of a country and its people.

I spent quite a bit of time in Russia before and after the fall of Communism. I found the Russian people to be warm and giving. Before Communism fell I had many Russians spend their meager funds on meals rather then let me pay.

Capitalism has somewhat spoiled Russians in 2 ways. The very rich can be quite obnoxious and demanding but then again so can my fellow Americans. The second wave are the not rich but the first time able to leave their country tourists. They are not used to travel and the proper way to act in others eyes.

I agree that most of the Russians in Pattaya are boorish and demanding. They do not really represent millions of Russian, anymore then the pushy Chinese and Koreans represent their countries.

In some ways these type of visitors stand out more in Thailand because of the Culture and people of Thailand are the opposite of all these things.

Personally I find the Germans in Pattaya and especially the Gay ones , to be as boorish and demanding as the Russians.

But I would not use that to say that all germans are like that. I have spent many days in Germany and know that not to be the case.

Maybe if you have not visited a country, you should not jump to a conclusion about its residents until you have been a tourist in their country.

September 8th, 2009, 15:32
I am surprised to read all the negatives about Russians. I believe many would enjoy "offing" a Russian (East European) guy.