PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Bar Closures in Pattaya at 3am

September 1st, 2009, 05:57
The police been hitting Pattaya hard, Walking Street was the first target to enforce the new closing times. 0330am all bars, and gogos are required to be closed by. They are fining and even forcing bar closures for violations of the new curfew. So this will spread throughout Pattaya and Jomtien, its just a matter of time as they work their way through the money making areas to the smaller areas and sois. Just a heads up on what to expect in town. I don't know if this is just a sign of the times, and the police are looking to milk who they can since profits are down, and this will go away when things pick back up again. Or to the contrary, if this will now become the standard. With most rules and new enforcements in the past, I would tend to think the first would be the correct answer, but I cannot say for sure with what I am hearing from my friends on Walking Street and Soi6.

RichLB
September 1st, 2009, 17:35
Huh? I thought the "official" bar closing time was 1:00 am. I know they had a meeting in Pattaya to extend them, but I have heard nothing about the results of that meeting. Is the new "official" time 3:00 am (as if I could ever stay awake that long)?

September 3rd, 2009, 04:47
Yeah, its pretty set. I don't see any of my friends rocking the boat, or chancing later openings at the moment. As Bottoms said, its probably just that time of the month where rent and bills are due, so the BIB had to pay the Walking Street a visit. Most likely, a month or so down the road, it will be just like the smoking ban, and the pre-6pm openings on Soi6, a thing of the past.