PDA

View Full Version : gay (friendly) hotel/guesthouse

September 1st, 2009, 04:44
who can recommend a gay (friendly) hotel or guesthouse in Patong beach with swimmingpool,
within walking distance of the Paradise complex? I saw all guesthouses in Paradise complex do not
have a swimming pool, wich is essentiual to me.

Greets from Hans, Holland.

September 1st, 2009, 05:13
I dont know of any Gay-guesthouse close to Paradise that have pool. K & N Guesthouse is just across the street from Paradise, they have a nice garden with pool. Poppa Palace is a nice hotel also close to Paradise with pool, but the pool-area is so so.
This places is not gay, but i think most places in Patong is pretty gayfriendly. I have never had any problems there.

September 1st, 2009, 17:22
gay and lesbian friendly

Thanks for the warning. Last thing I want to see on vacation is some hairy-legged bull dyke by the pool.

September 1st, 2009, 17:33
I think it would make a shorter post if 'Unfriendly' places were listed as in all my years of living in Thailand I have never come across anything 'Gay Unfriendly' so to speak. Providing one behaves and acts in a civilised manner problems should not arise........

:cheers:

September 1st, 2009, 18:09
I think it would make a shorter post if 'Unfriendly' places were listed as in all my years of living in Thailand I have never come across anything 'Gay Unfriendly' so to speak. Providing one behaves and acts in a civilised manner problems should not arise........

You should know by now that "gay friendly" is simply a euphemism for "prostitute friendly" when used on these message boards.

September 1st, 2009, 18:36
You should know by now that "gay friendly" is simply a euphemism for "prostitute friendly" when used on these message boards.

Yes I think you might be right there Bunny........

Rene
September 1st, 2009, 18:40
[quote="Bottoms Up":12qv1itt]
gay and lesbian friendly

Thanks for the warning. Last thing I want to see on vacation is some hairy-legged bull dyke by the pool.[/quote:12qv1itt]

I don't want to be near lesbians! If the truth be known, I have far more in common with straight men than with the lesbians! I am in complete agreement with Beach Bunny on this.

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2009, 19:10
Baan Yin Dee is on a hill on the outskirts of Patong, and very much not walking distance to Paradise Complex. It is also expensive.

I used to stay regularly at Patong Beach Bungalows, which was beside the gay beach, peaceful, guest friendly, and walking distance to Paradise. However it was rebuilt recently and seems to have disappeared from the web, perhaps it has changed it's name...........

The Patong Bay Garden Resort was recommended in this thread, has a pool, and is walking distance to Paradise.

Patong Bay Garden Resort (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/patong-bay-garden-resort-phuket-t18102.html?hilit=patong)

September 1st, 2009, 19:15
Baan Yin Dee is on a hill on the outskirts of Patong, and very much not walking distance to Paradise Complex.

Come now. Surely it is mere steps away.

September 1st, 2009, 19:19
Baan Yin Dee is on a hill on the outskirts of Patong, and very much not walking distance to Paradise Complex. It is also expensive.

I used to stay regularly at Patong Beach Bungalows, which was beside the gay beach, peaceful, guest friendly, and walking distance to Paradise. However it was rebuilt recently and seems to have disappeared from the web, perhaps it has changed it's name...........

The Patong Bay Garden Resort was recommended in this thread, has a pool, and is walking distance to Paradise.

What's a Gay Beach, does it have pink sand or something that is different from a beach beach?........

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2009, 20:05
What a sheltered life you have lead Sanook! A gay beach is a beach, or part of a beach, where gay people gather. You do of course have to prove your eligibility to enter the gay area by demonstrating your blowjob technique on the lifeguards, in order to be allowed access.

September 1st, 2009, 20:41
Are you saying that's a real photo?

September 1st, 2009, 20:48
You idiot, that photo is not real and it's not even Phuket. Maybe it's Miramar.

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2009, 20:52
The reason you cant find those Beach Bungalows advertised is, they were washed away in a very Large Wave (see pic below) a few Boxing Days ago, not the sort of place I'd want to stay.

Patong Beach Bungalows was rebuilt and operating at the beginning of this year. If you wouldn't want to stay there, then it only adds to the attraction.

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2009, 21:08
No, that artists's impression is definitely not of Patong. At no time have there ever been highrise buildings like those depicted close to the beach.

September 1st, 2009, 21:32
Well, it has been a few months since I was last in Patong. I suppose it is possible that they have built a six-lane beachside highway since I was there last. LOL.

September 1st, 2009, 21:35
Oh, yeah...and perhaps they ordered cars to drive on the right-hand side of the road in Phuket province, rather than on the left. Tee hee hee.

September 1st, 2009, 21:38
Well, well, well. It looks like the tsunami jumped into the Atlantic and made it as far as Antofagasta, Chile.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/tsunami/tsunami2.asp

Game, set, and match. Yet again.

September 1st, 2009, 22:03
Can anyone kindly offer advice on crossing those six lanes of traffic (going in the wrong direction, no less) to get to Patong beach without getting killed? It certainly looks treacherous.

kittyboy
September 1st, 2009, 22:21
[quote="Beach Bunny":8oglg1tl]Well, well, well. It looks like the tsunami jumped into the Atlantic and made it as far as Antofagasta, Chile.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/tsunami/tsunami2.asp
Game, set, and match. Yet again.
Yes they have got your number also quote :- "This looks to be another case"
New Balls Please. :blackeye:
You should stick to making up Company accounts, now that we could believe, if you were not so unbelievable, watch this space for News on Big Sale very soon :bom:[/quote:8oglg1tl]

BU - You can not really be as stupid and fucking ignorant as you make yourself out to be....I have to go on the assumption that your posts are some big joke and you are really an internet troll trying to get a reaction.....or at least I hope that is the case...No one can really be as stupid as your posts make you out to be!

BB - Mabybe BU is your own private troll, offering up stupid observations with the intent of getting up your nose...just a thought...I mean no can really be that stupid..Can they?

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2009, 22:35
As if you would know what Patong looks like, if you cant afford a desent Hotel, may be you was thinking of the Cheap side of Miami. Broward

To be called cheap by the man who was evicted from his bedsit in Sunnee, because he couldn't afford the electricity, is very amusing.

September 1st, 2009, 22:48
[quote="Bottoms Up":1b48g4es]
As if you would know what Patong looks like, if you cant afford a desent Hotel, may be you was thinking of the Cheap side of Miami. Broward [/quote:1b48g4es]

Has anyone stayed in a 'desent' hotel? I've never heard of one, but there again the illiterate idiot LMTU, sorry Bottoms Up who just doesn't see the world through the same glass as most others probably stayed in a beach hut thinking it was Patong after getting hit by a car crossing the six lane highway to get back to his 'desent' hotel.............

September 2nd, 2009, 03:07
Does anyone know Loenoe Palace Patong Beach (www.loenoepalace.com (http://www.loenoepalace.com))?

pyro
September 2nd, 2009, 05:05
I knew immediately that photo was NOT Phuket!!! Anyone who has ever been there, or even familiar with photos from there could not possibly think it was Phuket. I also looked at the website provided by BB and that one is much more believable. The photo not only does not look like Phuket, it is obviously photoshopped, and badly at that. REALLY, how could anyone even begin to argue: 6 lane highway, right-hand side traffic, and the mountains in the background do not even have any trees, they are brown. The wave looks like it was added by complete amateur.

Smiles
September 2nd, 2009, 05:46
Took these photos of the remains of the Patong Beach Bungalows about 3 months after the tsunami. Much of the rest of the area around this famous hotel had been either cleared or rebuilt by then, but the rubble from the Beach Bungalows lay there, forlorn, and a stark reminder of destruction and death.
The start of re-building had begun though, and Brad is quite correct that a new hotel is now it's place. Not sure if the new hotel has kept the old name.

(Click to enlarge)

Brad the Impala
September 2nd, 2009, 06:30
I was booked into a beachfront bungalow, with my boyfriend from Phuket, from Christmas to New Year of the Tsunami year, with full plate glass windows facing the sea. I have seen photos of a bungalow four rows back from beachfront, with a speedboat through those lovely floor to ceiling glass windows.

I was travelling from London, but having trouble booking a connecting flight from Bangkok to Phuket on the 24th December, so my boyfriend suggested that he would come to Bangkok for Christmas instead, and saved both our lives by doing so.

I feel a little guilty, but since that day we have not been back to Patong Beach Bungalows.

Smiles
September 2nd, 2009, 09:58
We were booked into the original Club 17 Hotel the week after the tsunami hit on Boxing Day. It was located right on the other side of Beach Road at the south end of the beach close to that bridge which goes up the hill. Running up that road and across the bridge saved a lot of people that morning as it is quite a sharp incline on the other side.
The Club 17 Hotel took the full brunt of the waves and was pretty much a right off. It too was still empty and a mess three months later when we arrived (after postponing the trip on news of the disaster).
A week earlier though ...

September 2nd, 2009, 16:02
Does anyone know the name of this new hotel. ?

quote="Smiles"]Took these photos of the remains of the Patong Beach Bungalows about 3 months after the tsunami. Much of the rest of the area around this famous hotel had been either cleared or rebuilt by then, but the rubble from the Beach Bungalows lay there, forlorn, and a stark reminder of destruction and death.
The start of re-building had begun though, and Brad is quite correct that a new hotel is now it's place. Not sure if the new hotel has kept the old name.

(Click to enlarge)[/quote]

rincondog
September 3rd, 2009, 00:38
The new hotel that replaced the bungalows is LaFlora. It is very plush and expensive. Rooms range somewhere in the price range of 5000 to 10000 THB per night, depending on season.

The Patong beach bungalows were rebuilt, all new, however, after a year of so they were then torn down and LaFlora was built. Facing along Beach Rd are some shops, McD's, an Air Asia office and some other places as part of the hotel complex.

http://www.laflorapatong.com/

September 3rd, 2009, 03:19
Does anyone know the place "Loenoe Palace"" (www.loenoepalace.com (http://www.loenoepalace.com))?
It is gay owned I guess

Brad the Impala
September 8th, 2009, 20:32
Thanks Rincondog for clearing that up.