PDA

View Full Version : GRAND OPENING - Thursday 3rd

jinks
August 31st, 2009, 15:31
http://www.jinks.clara.net/09ads/0903bondi.jpg

August 31st, 2009, 15:36
Oh. My. God. This advertisement is actually supposed to make people want to visit this new bar?

August 31st, 2009, 15:49
Oh. My. God. This advertisement is actually supposed to make people want to visit this new bar?Where do you suggest they go instead - the karaoke bars of Saphan Kwai, or to "off" a zombie from Be High?

August 31st, 2009, 15:59
thank god (or whoever) that Bangkok is pretty much spared this form of 'entertainment'.

August 31st, 2009, 16:07
[quote="Beach Bunny":czikcjzb]Oh. My. God. This advertisement is actually supposed to make people want to visit this new bar?Where do you suggest they go instead - the karaoke bars of Saphan Kwai, or to "off" a zombie from Be High?[/quote:czikcjzb]

Anyplace without elderly farang katoeys would be preferable in my book.

jimnbkk
August 31st, 2009, 20:00
[quote="Copper Pheel":2me9k4sb][quote="Beach Bunny":2me9k4sb]Oh. My. God. This advertisement is actually supposed to make people want to visit this new bar?Where do you suggest they go instead - the karaoke bars of Saphan Kwai, or to "off" a zombie from Be High?[/quote:2me9k4sb]

Anyplace without elderly farang katoeys would be preferable in my book.[/quote:2me9k4sb]

amen. By the way BB, calling them katoeys is, in my opinion, incorrect. You should use the term "drag queen". All the katoeys I have seen have been young, some even beautiful. These 'entertainers' are a bit past their prime.

August 31st, 2009, 20:11
By the way BB, calling them katoeys is, in my opinion, incorrect. You should use the term "drag queen". All the katoeys I have seen have been young, some even beautiful. These 'entertainers' are a bit past their prime.

Mmm. The word I have in mind could begin with a "K", but it is much shorter thank katoeys!

Brad the Impala
September 1st, 2009, 05:48
The real story is with Colin and Malcolm who should have one of those fly on the wall TV programs like the Osbourns have they are a Hoot, watching their every move with that Handsome boyfriend of Malcolms, if he is still with him, it would be a hoot.

Earwig doesn't even know if Malcolm's Handsome boyfriend is still with him?

September 2nd, 2009, 13:51
looking from the outside in

As you've been presumably doing most of your life.

September 2nd, 2009, 15:21
Perhaps the other infamous Drag Queen will be there organising the indoor barbecue...........

:cheers:

witchhunt
September 7th, 2009, 18:50
I thought that with LMTU aka as earwig and many other names, plus beachbunny aka boygeenyus knocking Bondi on the Beach,it must be worth a look. .

Maybe Bondi should change the name to Bondi Boy Watchers although there seems to be a few whales that need spearing at the same time.

As for the the fat farang drag shows, I did not come to Thailand for that and wont be interested in going at night.

September 8th, 2009, 01:53
They couldn't fit Dolly John And Fat Karan on the advert but maybe thet will be sitting on the indoor barbecue.........................

witchhunt
September 11th, 2009, 13:27
Now we see another TROLL 8 posts and you think your talking to the same person, me :evil4:
If I have opened a Business in Thailand, no way am I brave enough to open a Gay one, far to fickle, so many nice str8 people to spend money on a quality product, to be bothered with the likes of you and your ilk.

Show me where your income comes from, and may be Ill do the same for you, you would be pleasantly surprised, what is keeping me away from all my beloved friends, in Pattaya, in the low season, now days. :thebirdman:

You were the one that bragged about your new venture in BKK in this forum, stating how it was going to knock the socks off everyone when it opened.
Why mention it all if you are now going to go all coy.
After it would give you creditability as a critic if you are capable of opening and operating a successful venue in BKK.

September 11th, 2009, 13:44
Maybe he'll buy @Richards -- surely the most unbelievable and spectacular money making machine ever offered for sale in Thailand.

PS: I've got the restaurant's 2008 profit/loss statements if anyone is interested -- and I'll give you one guess at the color of the bottom line.

TrongpaiExpat
September 11th, 2009, 13:54
@Richards: Friendly service and a nice owner does not make up for poor food, uncomfortable seating, harsh lights, and a poor location. It's always been the Bangkok version of Niddy's Nook.

TrongpaiExpat
September 11th, 2009, 23:26
Sounds as though you have never eaten in both places, because at least @Richards has got desent food and is busy much of the time.

I have eaten at both place but not for a while. Food is pretty subjective, just my opinion. I have to go with Balcony as best overall in this general category and area. I should give @Richards another go, what do you recommend?

September 12th, 2009, 05:05
Maybe he'll buy @Richards -- surely the most unbelievable and spectacular money making machine ever offered for sale in Thailand.I waited and waited for you @Richards this evening Beach Bunny but you never turned up. In the end I went to G.O.D - I've only just got back to the hotel.

September 12th, 2009, 06:04
Maybe he'll buy @Richards -- surely the most unbelievable and spectacular money making machine ever offered for sale in Thailand.

PS: I've got the restaurant's 2008 profit/loss statements if anyone is interested -- and I'll give you one guess at the color of the bottom line.

Wait for the announcement on Thursday night ...

September 12th, 2009, 09:37
Wait for the announcement on Thursday night ...Will it be on CNN?

September 18th, 2009, 14:45
Wait for the announcement on Thursday night ...Will it be on CNN?Still waiting. Was Bugs Bunny's takeover bid successful?