PDA

View Full Version : Health Tested

MARK
August 30th, 2009, 18:13
Would you be more likely to visit a gogo bar where you new the boys had been health tested monthly for HIV hepatitis and syphilis ?

Rene
August 30th, 2009, 18:30
Would you be more likely to visit a gogo bar where you new the boys had been health tested monthly.

Why not test them for psychiatric problems as well? Or are you already including that under the broad spectrum known as "health"? e.g. "mental health"

MARK
August 30th, 2009, 18:48
Would you be more likely to visit a gogo bar where you new the boys had been health tested monthly.

Why not test them for psychiatric problems as well? Or are you already including that under the broad spectrum known as "health"? e.g. "mental health"

Not sure but did not think mental health problems were contagous :salute:

springco
August 30th, 2009, 18:53
Hey Mark, you seem to be really concerned about the boys that work for you and that shows what a great guy you are.
How about hiring a doctor to be on your premises when you are open to test your CUSTOMERS for all these various health things as well? I think it would be the only equitable thing to do.

Rene
August 30th, 2009, 19:14

Not sure but did not think mental health problems were contagous :salute:

Oh, so you're not sure? Well dear Mark, mental health problems frequently lead to serious injury and death. :salute: :salute: :salute:

August 30th, 2009, 19:53
It takes two tests 3 month apart to get the all clear for HIV so the boys would be unable to work at all................... Bet you didn't think about that.

August 30th, 2009, 20:10
Picture this scenario.

You advertise that your boys are checked once a month. Some of your customers therefore get a false sense of security, assume all the boys as "safe", and therefore feel it is OK to have unsafe sex with them. Your boys then become infected with all kind of nasties, and you have to kick them out of the bar one by one to go home to die in their villages.

So, my answer is NO. It is much better not to know to status of your sex partner, to assume that any or all of them could be positive, and to therefore have safe sex each and every time.

August 30th, 2009, 20:35
Mark, I think you're doing the right thing. Congrats. What happens when the Boys do get something are they taken care of? I assume they would not be able to work anymore. What do you think the oods are of them getting a STD? You have been very helpful to me in explaning how things work in pattaya since this is going to be my first time and I appreciate the help. I'll se you in about a week!

August 30th, 2009, 20:50
Picture this scenario.

You advertise that your boys are checked once a month. Some of your customers therefore get a false sense of security, assume all the boys as "safe", and therefore feel it is OK to have unsafe sex with them. Your boys then become infected with all kind of nasties, and you have to kick them out of the bar one by one to go home to die in their villages.

So, my answer is NO. It is much better not to know to status of your sex partner, to assume that any or all of them could be positive, and to therefore have safe sex each and every time.

Again, a good reply. Advertising that someone is 'safe' will in some cases encourage the 'partner' to have unsafe sex leaving either of them open to all sorts of 'nasty infections' .......

:cheers:

bao-bao
August 30th, 2009, 21:35
We should all get down on our knees (to give THANKS, you perverts) that "Bareback" Brandon isn't still here spouting his nonsense on the Safe Sex issue! :cheers:

MARK, it's great for the workers if you're doing this testing as a perk of the job - it gives them the chance to be treated early to help stave off the problems some STDs can visit on the host bodies. The sooner it's treated the better.

I'll go you one better and make the challenge to not only educate the guys in the importance of using condoms to avoid HIV to the best of your ability -- but also to remind them about it on an ongoing basis. Desperation leading to thinking they need the money badly enough to play roulette with their lives is one thing - ignorance is another. Add the viewpoint of the "if it's my time, it's my time" mentality I've heard so often from people there and you have an uphill battle, I suppose.

Obviously, people will do as they wish, but with luck the information might help, at least.

August 30th, 2009, 23:01
Picture this scenario.

From the bar side, great. As a bar owner you care more about your employees than other bars and provide them with health checks. It's a step up from encouraging them to visit a free clinic once a month.

One advantage is that if they did contract something that can be treated, it would get taken care of once a month. However, if they're having multiple partners over the month, who is to say when they picked the bug or virus up. It could be the day right after the test and they could be passing it along all month or until it gets detected and treated.

As a visitor to the area, not knowing how the industry operates and regulates itself, how would I know for certain that testing is actually done and that this isn't a cheap marketing ploy by bar owners. Not saying this would be you, Mark.

I have to agree with BB. I would proceed as if any one I was with had the potential to be infected with something and take the appropriate precautions.

I agree with bao-bao comments as well, arm them with information.

But ultimately, a check up once a month, is better than nothing at all.

cdnmatt
August 30th, 2009, 23:54
Nope, not in the slightest. It's my responsibility to keep myself HIV negative, not yours. Not to mention if I'm coming to one of the largest gay prostitution centers in the world, I think it's best for me to use a little common sense to keep myself disease free.

rincondog
August 31st, 2009, 00:01
Picture this scenario.

Therefore it is better for you. How about the boy not knowing he has aids, so he can get treatment early on and prevent full onset of aids. You never heard of defective condoms or a condom breaking.

Ignorance is bliss.

MARK
August 31st, 2009, 10:15
Why not test them for psychiatric problems as well? Or are you already including that under the broad spectrum known as "health"? e.g. "mental health"[/quote]

Not sure but did not think mental health problems were contagous :salute:[/quote]

Oh, so you're not sure? Well dear Mark, mental health problems frequently lead to serious injury and death. :salute: :salute: :salute:[/quote]
Why do I get the feeling we have a renamed poster here?
Just for DEAR you if any of my boys start showing symptoms of mental health dieses like falling off the tables hanging themselves with sting from the beams seem to be getting depressed for no reason other than a customer has spent the last two hours groping him and left without giving him a tip I will be sure to personal take him to the hospital for a once over.
Oopps that happens every night especial when they are drunk.

August 31st, 2009, 10:30
If you want to test the boys for their OWN good, and provide them full counseling and support if any problems are detected...that's great.

It is NOT great if you are doing it as a marketing ploy in order to get more customers thinking your boys are "safe".

MARK
August 31st, 2009, 11:20
If you want to test the boys for their OWN good, and provide them full counseling and support if any problems are detected...that's great.

It is NOT great if you are doing it as a marketing ploy in order to get more customers thinking your boys are "safe".
I see a lot of negative feedback from the question, and it is a very valid point that it takes at least three months to show on a basic test re HIV.
I will be talking with the staff about the idea tonight but my feeling at this point are if they wish to be tested they can be but it will remain a private matter between them and myself and if a boy tests positive I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Mark

CoffeeBreak
August 31st, 2009, 12:12
Of course the boys should be tested in view of the nature of their work. Benefits them and their "customers'". I do not subscribe to the "privacy" argument. An employer is entitled to have an employee health and drug tested and such tests made part of their contract. Especially so when we all know that the bars are for offing workers for sex.
Should not make it 'optional' but compulsory.

In my view it is a false argument to say such tests might encourage unprotected sex. Sensible people know that having sex with a prostitute or any stranger for that matter is high risk so precautions are necessary.

A few other observations:
Have to remember that Thais when having sex with their own race do not generally use protection.
Ever seen a Thai purchasing condoms?
When the Thais are not on the stage mostly they are shagging without condoms with their boy and girl friends who likewise often work in the bars.
So tests can only help and not harm.
Also those who know Pattaya are aware of the massive drug problem here and bar workers and their cohorts are often into YB and other types of junk, so tests can benefit by acting as a discouragment as indeed will health checks likewise hopefully be a discouragment to the workers to refrain from engaging in unsafe sex if they know they will have regular compulsory bar health checks.

August 31st, 2009, 22:45
Sensible people know that having sex with a prostitute or any stranger for that matter is high risk so precautions are necessary.

If the world were populated by "sensible people" HIV/Aids would have been under control years ago; clearly it is not.

Have to remember that Thais when having sex with their own race do not generally use protection. Ever seen a Thai purchasing condoms?

While it is possible you may be right, just what is the source of your information? I can't actually remember the last time I saw anyone buying condoms - that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. For once, I'm with the bunny 100% on this one - (edit) up to now.

August 31st, 2009, 22:49
"Ever see a Thai purchasing condoms?" Dumb posting of the day.

August 31st, 2009, 23:19
Sensible people know that having sex with a prostitute or any stranger for that matter is high risk so precautions are necessary.

no, "sensible people" know that the same precautions should be taken with anybody you have sex with, no matter how well you think you know them and their sexual habits.
the people who think that they are at lower risk having sex with somebody they know are called "idiots".

bao-bao
September 1st, 2009, 03:50

...the people who think that they are at lower risk having sex with somebody they know are called "idiots".

Also often called "newly infected" or "patients".

Some STDs are mere annoyances and can be cured with treatment.

Herpes and HIV are life-long and incurable. HIV/AIDS is fatal at worst and life-shortening at best... but it IS up to both partners.

Education is the key, and since I'm giving credit to MARK for providing that on an on-going basis, I tip my hat.