PDA

View Full Version : Bunny goes off topic again

August 25th, 2009, 18:17
[This was an attempt to hijack the sleeping pills thread - jinks]

Guess what...prostitution and sex shows are illegal in Thailand, too. Of course, those are a couple "scams" you can probably live with. Right?

August 25th, 2009, 18:53
Guess what...prostitution and sex shows are illegal in Thailand, too. Of course, those are a couple "scams" you can probably live with. Right?Neither are "scams". They are behaviour that is illegal but tolerated via police corruption. As I understand the comments about searches at Ekamai, the police are searching people they believe might have bought prescription drugs over the counter not in order to prosecute but to coerce them into paying some sort of bribe through threat of prosecution.

There's a prima facie assumption that if you buy something from a legitimate business in the ordinary course of their trading eg. liquor from a licensed bar during opening hours, that they have a legal right to sell it to you and that in doing so they are complying with all the regulatory requirements. In countries that follow the rule of law, that is a given. So tourists who in good faith purchase prescription drugs over the counter in Thaland, because they can and nothing is said about needing a prescription, no signage etc., and then are "shaken down" by police rather than prosecuted, have been subjected to a scam.

A scam is something done to you because you have had confidence in someone or something that is misplaced. Consorting with prostitutes or attending live sex shows is something you do that has nothing to do with misplaced confidence or trust in another, it is not something done to you. But perhaps you, Beach Bunny, are just an apologist for all things Thai and will grasp at any straw, however illogical, that comes into your mind. I've met people like you in my job as a policeman, particularly investigating fraud. Do you run one of those boiler room operations, for which Thailand is famous abroad, that telephones investors in foreign countries, selling them dubious investments? Or is your business one that exploits some dark corner of the law where rent-seekers live, some dubious monopoly such as the one that made Thaksin rich?

August 25th, 2009, 19:03
[quote="Beach Bunny":2icexf3o]Guess what...prostitution and sex shows are illegal in Thailand, too. Of course, those are a couple "scams" you can probably live with. Right?Neither are "scams". They are behaviour that is illegal but tolerated via police corruption. [/quote:2icexf3o]

What about the bars with girls & boys that are owned by policemen. Are they legal?

August 25th, 2009, 20:12
[quote="Beach Bunny":kouppkdf]Guess what...prostitution and sex shows are illegal in Thailand, too. Of course, those are a couple "scams" you can probably live with. Right?Neither are "scams". They are behaviour that is illegal but tolerated via police corruption. As I understand the comments about searches at Ekamai, the police are searching people they believe might have bought prescription drugs over the counter not in order to prosecute but to coerce them into paying some sort of bribe through threat of prosecution.

There's a prima facie assumption that if you buy something from a legitimate business in the ordinary course of their trading eg. liquor from a licensed bar during opening hours, that they have a legal right to sell it to you and that in doing so they are complying with all the regulatory requirements. In countries that follow the rule of law, that is a given. So tourists who in good faith purchase prescription drugs over the counter in Thaland, because they can and nothing is said about needing a prescription, no signage etc., and then are "shaken down" by police rather than prosecuted, have been subjected to a scam.

A scam is something done to you because you have had confidence in someone or something that is misplaced. Consorting with prostitutes or attending live sex shows is something you do that has nothing to do with misplaced confidence or trust in another, it is not something done to you. But perhaps you, Beach Bunny, are just an apologist for all things Thai and will grasp at any straw, however illogical, that comes into your mind. I've met people like you in my job as a policeman, particularly investigating fraud. Do you run one of those boiler room operations, for which Thailand is famous abroad, that telephones investors in foreign countries, selling them dubious investments? Or is your business one that exploits some dark corner of the law where rent-seekers live, some dubious monopoly such as the one that made Thaksin rich?[/quote:kouppkdf]

You are the one who used the word "scam" to describe pharmacies selling things they shouldn't. I don't see how that fits your definition, either.

In any case, you have a lot to learn about Thailand. Best you stay home in Cardiff. Are you the only gay in the village?

Brad the Impala
August 25th, 2009, 20:55
There's a prima facie assumption that if you buy something from a legitimate business in the ordinary course of their trading eg. liquor from a licensed bar during opening hours, that they have a legal right to sell it to you and that in doing so they are complying with all the regulatory requirements.

Oh great, a new Barrack Room Lawyer !

Assumptions are often not considered to be definitely true, but only as prima facie justified. When an assumption is prima facie justified, there can for instance be a reason against it, by which the assumption is not actually justified. The assumption is then said to be defeated. This requires a revision of the standard conception of logical interpretation of sets of assumptions in terms of their models.

I think that the assumption is now defeated.

Nor could the set of assumptions that have been made be called a scam, in the circumstances described, unless an arrangement or understanding existed between a chemist selling drugs illegally and the direct officer taking bribes to allow the crime to proceed unpunished in law. Such a scenario has never been suggested or reported.

August 26th, 2009, 03:20
You are the one who used the word "scam" to describe pharmacies selling things they shouldn't. I guess you failed comprehension at school.
In any case, you have a lot to learn about Thailand. Best you stay home in Cardiff. Are you the only gay in the village?So you are justifying scams and corruption as This Is Thailand are you? How do you benefit exactly? What scams are you up to?

Wesley
August 26th, 2009, 03:46
I think BB and Andynoiz are the same, if not they were certainly poured out of the same mold

Wes

Impulse
August 26th, 2009, 03:55
I think BB and Andynoiz are the same, if not they were certainly poured out of the same mold I would never go as far as to accuse two posters as being one and the same......in this case at least,Bunny was poured some brains.Thats what sets them apart.

Smiles
August 26th, 2009, 04:31
I think BB and Andynoiz are the same ... Wes
Wrongo Wes. Even you should be able to differentiate between a TROLL (Bugs Bunny) and an IDIOT (AndyinOz).
To be clear and hopefuly fair, Beach Bunny has a few recognizable redeeming characteristics, AndyinOz has none.
Bracketed indications 'just for you'.

Wesley
August 26th, 2009, 05:19
Wrongo Wes. Even you should be able to differentiate between a TROLL (Bugs Bunny) and an IDIOT (AndyinOz).
To be clear and hopefuly fair, Beach Bunny has a few recognizable redeeming characteristics, AndyinOz has none.

I had assumed as much, however, I was waiting for your post on the matter, I really don't study peoples writing characteristics and you pay more attention to detail. What made me think they might be the one in same was their fascination with George and why he is no longer posting. Beach Bunny has a trait of putting almost everyone in that particular proclivity if he can and remarks about it so often it makes you wonder if he was abused as a child, or even worse, one of those that talk about it all the time,who are usually in that category as well but in the same way try to throw people off track by making such a huge noise about it just to make people think he is not. In this case I think likely, BB is more of the former than the later.

You are right Andynoiz is just a troll simply put and needs to be dumped . I think he is much worse than gr45, although you might not agree in as much as gr45 has the hots for you and Andy the hots for me. Either way they are the same as far as your categorization. BB as some may say, does have some redeeming characteristics and formerly, I did agree with him on several matters. I think he is intelligent and it befuddles me as to why he continues to waste it pounding one subject over and over. Andy seems to exist only to agitate, while gr45 seems to care but, can't help himself at times and although I don't think he is BBB his language often puts him in that category , in as much as he seems to love the 4 letter words which you know I seldom use. I think maybe once or twice in my history here.

However, I usually wait until you say one way or another before I actually say the same but, in this case Andy was on my list and I had actually forgotten he was there until today, that is how well the current system works. It is such a small slither of space used to mention he is on your list that you overlook him. It is only when he is quoted that you notice him at all.

Thanks for the clarification in brackets for my special needs section,

All the best Smiles and :cheers:

Wesley

August 26th, 2009, 10:09
In any case, you have a lot to learn about Thailand.I know all there is to know about Thailand - it boils down to just three things:
1. Everything about the country is AYOR (At Your Own Risk)
2. The tourist slogan "LoS" means "Land of Scams"
3. Many apologists believe the Universal Declaration of Human Rights does not apply in Thailand and that's a good thing

Oh, and men are plentiful, which would be true whether or not prostitution is illegal. It remains illegal because like everything else it lines the pockets of Thai police. So what is it about corruption and scams that is so attractive to you that you are prepared to defend it. In my long experience as a policeman it will be because you benefit in some way. What is it?

quiet1
August 26th, 2009, 10:15
[This was an attempt to hijack the sleeping pills thread - jinks]
Wow. You mean forum moderation includes the ability to separate off-topic discussion from threads, and a new-found determination to do so?

Spike, you might need to hire a full-time staff of thread-splitters!

August 26th, 2009, 11:33
In my long experience as a policeman it will be because you benefit in some way. What is it?

I think you need to go back to Police Academy. Were you the black guy who could imitate the sound of a jet engine?

August 26th, 2009, 12:09
[quote="Copper Pheel":3knoj4v9]In my long experience as a policeman it will be because you benefit in some way. What is it?I think you need to go back to Police Academy. Were you the black guy who could imitate the sound of a jet engine?[/quote:3knoj4v9]How unexpected - avoiding the issue altogether by changing the subject. I think Forum members have a right to know - how deeply involved in Thai corruption are you? The more you avoid addressing the issue, the more obvious your involvement becomes.

August 26th, 2009, 12:27
didnt we used to have a resident policeman here on the board............

August 26th, 2009, 12:32
[quote="Beach Bunny":bbx7xrbl][quote="Copper Pheel":bbx7xrbl]In my long experience as a policeman it will be because you benefit in some way. What is it?I think you need to go back to Police Academy. Were you the black guy who could imitate the sound of a jet engine?[/quote:bbx7xrbl]How unexpected - avoiding the issue altogether by changing the subject. I think Forum members have a right to know - how deeply involved in Thai corruption are you? The more you avoid addressing the issue, the more obvious your involvement becomes.[/quote:bbx7xrbl]

First of all, you do not have a right to know anything.

Second, for someone who purports to have such high standards of reading comprehension, perhaps you will point out an instance where I defended corruption.

Scurry along now, Office Fife. Someone stole one of Aunt Bea's cherry pies from off the window sill.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/channelsurfing/uploaded_images/fife-746040.jpg

gra46
August 26th, 2009, 12:52

I had assumed as much, however, I was waiting for your post on the matter, I really don't study peoples writing characteristics and you pay more attention to detail. What made me think they might be the one in same was their fascination with George and why he is no longer posting. Beach Bunny has a trait of putting almost everyone in that particular proclivity if he can and remarks about it so often it makes you wonder if he was abused as a child, or even worse, one of those that talk about it all the time,who are usually in that category as well but in the same way try to throw people off track by making such a huge noise about it just to make people think he is not. In this case I think likely, BB is more of the former than the later.

You are right Andynoiz is just a troll simply put and needs to be dumped . I think he is much worse than gr45, although you might not agree in as much as gr45 has the hots for you and Andy the hots for me. Either way they are the same as far as your categorization. BB as some may say, does have some redeeming characteristics and formerly, I did agree with him on several matters. I think he is intelligent and it befuddles me as to why he continues to waste it pounding one subject over and over. Andy seems to exist only to agitate, while gr45 seems to care but, can't help himself at times and although I don't think he is BBB his language often puts him in that category , in as much as he seems to love the 4 letter words which you know I seldom use. I think maybe once or twice in my history here.

However, I usually wait until you say one way or another before I actually say the same but, in this case Andy was on my list and I had actually forgotten he was there until today, that is how well the current system works. It is such a small slither of space used to mention he is on your list that you overlook him. It is only when he is quoted that you notice him at all.

Thanks for the clarification in brackets for my special needs section,

All the best Smiles and :cheers:

Wesley
HOTS? what the meaning ?
I give credit where it due i beleive Smiles to be a good hearted person that gives as good as he takes .I have learnt alot from his postings....And yes im no TROLL just one of them 4 letter words Wes a C_ _ T

August 26th, 2009, 13:59
First of all, you do not have a right to know anything.No, but I'm inferring on all the evidence, including your silence on key issues, that I've got you banged to rights, you're just another Western sleazeball In Thailand up to every scam he can get into.

August 26th, 2009, 17:38
The first thing that springs to my mind when someone claiming to be an ex-policeman uses the phrase 'I've got you banged to rights' is that they are watching far too many police dramas on British TV.In my retirement I advise on the scripts.

Brad the Impala
August 26th, 2009, 22:12
It remains illegal because like everything else it lines the pockets of Thai police. So what is it about corruption and scams that is so attractive to you that you are prepared to defend it. In my long experience as a policeman it will be because you benefit in some way. What is it?

Weren't the South Wales Police accused of corruption and incompetence on a massive scale, leading to many miscarriages of justice?

August 27th, 2009, 13:23
[quote="Copper Pheel":1x0d8get] It remains illegal because like everything else it lines the pockets of Thai police. So what is it about corruption and scams that is so attractive to you that you are prepared to defend it. In my long experience as a policeman it will be because you benefit in some way. What is it?Weren't the South Wales Police accused of corruption and incompetence on a massive scale, leading to many miscarriages of justice?[/quote:1x0d8get]And a comprehansive investigation followed, with appropriate and transparent procedures - just like Thailand.

Brad the Impala
August 27th, 2009, 15:26
[quote="Brad the Impala":35dn6wc8][quote="Copper Pheel":35dn6wc8] It remains illegal because like everything else it lines the pockets of Thai police. So what is it about corruption and scams that is so attractive to you that you are prepared to defend it. In my long experience as a policeman it will be because you benefit in some way. What is it?Weren't the South Wales Police accused of corruption and incompetence on a massive scale, leading to many miscarriages of justice?[/quote:35dn6wc8]And a comprehansive investigation followed, with appropriate and transparent procedures - just like Thailand.[/quote:35dn6wc8]

Lots of police retired early in deals to avoid prosecution too.............

August 27th, 2009, 15:33
Lots of police retired early in deals to avoid prosecution too.............

Hmmm...maybe Copper Pheel was one of those?

August 29th, 2009, 10:36
[quote="Brad the Impala":320t8ctv]Lots of police retired early in deals to avoid prosecution too.............Hmmm...maybe Copper Pheel was one of those?[/quote:320t8ctv]Yes and I'm now in Singapore advising the locals on best techniques to avoid detection.