PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected?

August 22nd, 2009, 01:43
I have stayed at Connect , Phuket a couple of times and always like to pay in advance as they offer a 10% discount.
Having booked my next stay I attempted to make payment, only to find a message pop up, indicating that their bankers have withdrawn the facility for advance payments.
Two emails to Connect (Normally they respond within 24hrs) requesting details of how to take advantage of their 10% discount have gone unanswered..........can someone reassure me that all is well at Connect.

August 22nd, 2009, 04:22
Connectguesthouse is a member on this forum you can send them a PM. :bigsmurf:

gay-thailand/tonight-patong-paradise-complex-and-gay-festival-2010-t18194.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/tonight-patong-paradise-complex-and-gay-festival-2010-t18194.html)

August 22nd, 2009, 05:50
If they don't answer your emails I doubt if they would be on here waiting for PM's. Most businesses check thier emails on a regular basis sounds to me like they are out of business...........

pennyboy
August 24th, 2009, 02:58
Don't know if it would make any difference but I heard that Ulf has sold Connect

blazer
August 24th, 2009, 12:15
Yes, that would make sense if Connect has beeen sold and he is gone. Ulf always seemed to answer any questions within 24 hours.

September 7th, 2009, 00:13
I have today cancelled my reservation , assuming Connect has closed or has changed hands and being run by a management that have a policy of ignoring customer emails.

By cancelling I have forfeited a 3% deposit and will now book with Club One Seven following some positive comments on this forum.

Pending further clarification of the status of Connect Guesthouse, forum members should be wary of making any fuyture bookings.

connectguesthouse
October 25th, 2009, 08:34
Hi
I do not look at this forum very often but Connect is open as usual. I, Ulf is still running the place, Sorry if we do not answer emails but please check so you send to our email address and not to one of the booking sites that claim they sell our rooms. We do usually answer withing hours.

Our main address is since 11 years
www.beachpatong.com/connect/ (http://www.beachpatong.com/connect/)
Our main email is connect@beachpatong.com
My mobile number is 089 652 1544
To our office 076-29 41 95

Our on-line reservation system is still working same way since 10 years. Its a real-time system and you get your confirmation immediately.

In low season Rooms at Connect start from 450 THB incl breakfast. If you check in two persons that means breakfast for two persons.
If you stay on a Thursday you will get the Thursday Dinner Buffet for free and if If you stay on a Sunday you will get the Sunday BBQ dinner buffet for free. The offer is during the low season and valid for on-line reservations.

Yes the Siam Commercial Bank do not want small customers anymore and they want to charge more money for their services. After using the SCB on-line payment system 8 years SCB have decided that if a guest-house want to use their SIPS payment gateway the guest-house has to pay 2 Million Bath in a deposit account with the Bank.

We are looking for other alternatives for a payment gateway. Maybe somebody on this forum can recommend other system.

Connects Gay Day tour has just restarted after a several months long break. This tour has been on a weekly schedule every Saturday since 1999. This years low season has been difficult with few tourists and bad weather. The last tour in mid May had 92 persons enjoying the tour. Last week we started again and had 27 persons and yesterday 25 persons. We will operate the tour every week if we can get at least 15 persons going on the tour.

If you have any comments or questions please send to my private email ulf@beachpatong.com since I am not very active on this forum.

Best regards
Ulf
Connect Guesthouse

atri1666
October 25th, 2009, 20:00
Why you not use paypal for prepayment or payment?