PDA

View Full Version : Differences -- Thailand vs. home country

cdnmatt
August 18th, 2009, 14:57
Let's try to make a fun thread for once. :-) What are some of the things you experience here on a somewhat daily basis, that you'd never see in your home country?

- Four of us on one scooter. I guess you could try that in Canada, but probably wouldn't make it more than 10 blocks without getting arrested.

- The fact we can walk into a pub / karaoke, and order a whole bottle of decent tasting whiskey, with ice and mix, and a little food, plus have a waitress dedicated to your table ensuring your glass never goes below half, all for about $17 CAD (minus tip). I can't even get three one ounce drinks in a gay bar in Canada for that.

- Amazing restaurants. Can't read the menu, can't order by yourself, and most of the times you don't know what the hell you're eating because the five minutes of sign-language and broken English just gets to be a hassle, so you just eat. Amazing feast, and if you split it between everyone there, it's cheaper than each person getting a Big Mac and McDonalds.

- Manipulative and lieing bastards, but nonetheless, are generally down to earth. Being down to earth seems to be a fading trait in Western countries.

Ok, time for me to goto bed. Tell us about the differences!

August 18th, 2009, 15:09
Can't read the menu, can't order by yourself, and most of the times you don't know what the hell you're eating because the five minutes of sign-language and broken English just gets to be a hassle

Speak for yourself.

August 18th, 2009, 15:13
- Manipulative and lieing bastards

Are you talking about Thailand, or back home? I can think of plenty examples from both places.

cdnmatt
August 18th, 2009, 15:22
Wow, talk about an excellent start to a thread that was meant to poke fun at each other, and have a bit of a laugh. Could you guys please remove the sticks from your asses a little bit, because I think they're shoved in a bit too far. My god...

August 18th, 2009, 15:38
Wow, talk about an excellent start to a thread that was meant to poke fun at each other, and have a bit of a laugh.

You obviously have problems with people poking fun at YOU. And I'm laughing my head off right now.

cdnmatt
August 18th, 2009, 15:39
Aye, I guess tone is a little tough to catch over the internet. It's all good. :-)

Beachlover
August 18th, 2009, 19:09
Wow, talk about an excellent start to a thread that was meant to poke fun at each other, and have a bit of a laugh. Could you guys please remove the sticks from your asses a little bit, because I think they're shoved in a bit too far. My god...

Sticks in their arses... sand up their urethras... you name it LOL

August 18th, 2009, 20:18
Aye, I guess tone is a little tough to catch over the internet. It's all good. :-)

eh? Racism is racism, even if it's Canadian.

Smiles
August 18th, 2009, 22:29
" ... Four of us on one scooter ... "
Four? That's peanuts. Try almost double that. Seven.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/forum%20photos/howmanyonabike.jpg

August 18th, 2009, 22:36
" ... Four of us on one scooter ... "
Four? That's peanuts. Try almost double that. Seven.

That's seven of them not seven of us.

cdnmatt
August 19th, 2009, 04:26

eh? Racism is racism, even if it's Canadian.

Yes, yes, racist me. I hate me dim damn niggers sumfin awful, yunno?

Please, I'm hardly racist. Ok, let me clarify. The majority of 18 - 25yo "gay" boys in Pattaya are manipulative liars. There, that's not being racist, but just truthful. I don't blame them for it though, because we're the ones who do it to them. If alot of the farangs around here didn't need 3 - 5 different boys a week, I would imagine they'd be more genuine towards us. And don't even get me started on some of the pricks I see in the go-go bars.

Brad the Impala
August 19th, 2009, 04:35
The majority of 18 - 25yo "gay" boys in Pattaya are manipulative liars. There, that's not being racist, but just truthful

You know the majority of "gay" guys in Pattaya?

cdnmatt
August 19th, 2009, 04:38
The majority of 18 - 25yo "gay" boys in Pattaya are manipulative liars. There, that's not being racist, but just truthful

You know the majority of "gay" guys in Pattaya?

heh, how do you even reply to something like this? I mean, really...

Yes, I know 853 gay guys in Pattaya, to be exact. And there's only a total of exactly 1,155 gay guys, so yep, I know the majority!

Smiles
August 19th, 2009, 04:40
" ... Let's try to make a fun thread for once. :-) What are some of the things you experience here on a somewhat daily basis, that you'd never see in your home country? ... "
OK, I'll bite: How about endemic nose-picking? Is that funny?

I once thought ~ many years ago ~ that I had gotten lucky with finding my beloved amongst a population of chronic nose-pickers. He never seemed to join in the Thai street party on this issue.
But I think somewhere early on I gave him the impression that I thought nose-picking to be a rather gross habit, even perhaps saying something along the lines of " ... I don't think I could ever have a relationship with a guy who picked his nose ... "
So I caught him once, and realized old traditions die hard: I had forced my boyfriend into the nose-picking closet.

August 19th, 2009, 08:47
Ok, let me clarify. The majority of 18 - 25yo "gay" boys in Pattaya are manipulative liars.

They are prostitutes, dear...that is what prostitutes do. So, your initial post tarred the entire Thai population based on observations from hanging around with prostitutes in a seaside brothel. Nice

latintopxxx
August 19th, 2009, 09:25
Much as i hate to admit it, have to agree with the demented bunny, the Sunee plaza/pattaya scene is not "Thailand", it's a sex replublic all on its own, bit like going to the Amsterdam red light district and thinking that Holland...I have business dealings with a few Thai companies and have to date found them to be professional/honest; much the same as in the West.

Beachlover
August 19th, 2009, 10:12
Much as i hate to admit it, have to agree with the demented bunny, the Sunee plaza/pattaya scene is not "Thailand", it's a sex replublic all on its own, bit like going to the Amsterdam red light district and thinking that Holland...I have business dealings with a few Thai companies and have to date found them to be professional/honest; much the same as in the West.

Hahaha... "Sex Republic" :drunken:

August 19th, 2009, 13:58
Back to topic ...

And for me Thailand is the "Land of the Blocked Drain"

Khor tose
August 19th, 2009, 20:23
Back to topic ...

I like it. However, I am not sure why. It just seems to "fit" in some way.

August 19th, 2009, 23:39
[quote="Lovely_Rs":rdmcxrpk]Back to topic ...

I like it. However, I am not sure why. It just seems to "fit" in some way.[/quote:rdmcxrpk]

Land Of Sewers the biggest of which is SUNEE PLAZA where the biggest TURDS swim.