PDA

View Full Version : A few on Sunnee's quiet side

Surfcrest
April 8th, 2006, 19:56
I went out to a few places on Thursday night that I haven't been to previously.

I started out the night at O-Zone Boys & Dance Club. This place is across the Soi from Top Man and up the stairs.
Unfortunately I was the only one in there and while I was there a few Farangs pocked there head in to see a whole lot of "not too much" happening and left without staying.

It can get a little unnerving being the only person in a club. It seems the approach is for the boys to come at you to try and get you to stay. I am certain this has the reverse effect on potential customers judging by the uncomfortable look on their faces at this moment.

I simply slid up to the bar, made myself at home and had the most enjoyable conversation with the guy working behind the bar. I really feel for them when someone walks in and then out right away. Having customers there would make it an enjoyable night for everybody and I'm certain that the set up at O-Zone could work with some customers simply to get it going. It just didn't happen that night for them. It is a very comfortable arrangement, with a small stage on the end wall, semi circular seating around the bar (at the door) and seating in front of the stage. With dim lighting (perhaps too many black lights / makes the clothes look dirty and they boy's teeth look like a horror flick) it has a good potential. The bar boy told me that it has been quite busy during high season.

The next place I went to was the new "Yellow Tirac" that is a part of the Spot Light. Again I was the only person in the bar when I arrived and made a point of trying to make it more interesting. I sat on the couch right by the door and ordered up two boys to come over and share a drink with me. Before the boys and the drink arrived, one fellow arrived..looked around and then left. After that though more came and stayed. By the time I left it was full, or the couches were anyway. They have comfortable couches along three walls with artificial plants in between some of the couches. The boys are up front on the stage dancing three at a time. Although many didn't look overly enthusiastic, some did appear to be having fun and doing more than shifting from foot to foot. The owner walked around the place, making me feel a little uneasy but the manager was a nice non-overbearing fellow that worked very hard to make everyone feel comfortable. His command of English was good, although some other non go-go boys were a little lacking.

The only down side to the place was that they put lighting behind the stage that made looking at the boys like looking into the sun. I had a hard time seeing the ones seated in front of this plant / light, although the ones on the stage were easy to see.
Both O-Zone and Yellow Tirac have boys equal in age to what you would see in Boyztown. I liked both of them, although it would have been better with more people. Perhaps some leaflets at the beach and some internet exposure would help them reach the undecided that I see walking about.

Surfcrest

April 9th, 2006, 07:55
This is the first time I've heard of Yellow Trac. Is this the space where Nok Nok used to be? Is it a go-go bar again?

April 9th, 2006, 17:47
The only down side to the place was that they put lighting behind the stage that made looking at the boys like looking into the sun. I had a hard time seeing the ones seated in front of this plant / light, although the ones on the stage were easy to see.

The best way to photograph an aging actress is with a strong light, head-on--So maybe they are trying to make the audience look better to the boys: fewer rejected falang, lose fewer employees, fewer customers knocked off their zimmer-frames by boys racing screaming out the door.

April 9th, 2006, 20:29
The best way to photograph an aging actress is with a strong light, head-on--So maybe they are trying to make the audience look better to the boys: fewer rejected falang, lose fewer employees, fewer customers knocked off their zimmer-frames by boys racing screaming out the door.

Edith, I often haven't a clue what you'e on about, but this makes perfect sense. I'm sure you're right.

April 10th, 2006, 01:42

I used to insist on being photographed/filmed with pink lights and a gauze filter

I am now up to steel wool and very little light....

Surfcrest
April 10th, 2006, 10:25
Another place that is well worth mentioning is Sundance across from Kaos.

I know my pal Silom would like this place as they have a few ladyboys in the go-go line up.

With a very freindly staff that aren't in your face and some pretty handsome boys, Sundance is probably one of my favorites in Sunnee Plaza.

With Songkran and many of the boys away on holiday, it's hard to say how big the line up is.
I believe I counted about 20 go go boys rotating at a good pace on the stage.
With a long rectangular shape, the door on one end and the bar on the other...the comfortable bench seating (with enough leg room for the taller amoung us) the boys dance at a comfortable range in front of you.
A couple of boys didn't appear overly enthusiastic about being there, but the majority seemed to be having a good time entertaining us (and did a pretty good job).

Thumbs up for Sundance

Surfcrest

April 11th, 2006, 16:58
I got chucked out of Sundance once....

As the man said, "Thumbs up for Sundance."