PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Chiang Mai

haikudude
January 6th, 2006, 13:17
Hello All,

Anybody out there familiar with Chiang Mai? I need directions if you could please. First off, where are the Night Bazaar bars? I found the Peak bars, or are they called Climbing Wall bars? I know the Night Bazaar bars I are in the same vicinity but just canтАЩt find them.

Also, anybody know where Bee Beez Massage and KenтАЩs Massage are?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

January 6th, 2006, 13:49
If you can find the climbing wall, ask at the bar that's close to the wall. (That bar was somewhat gay but may have changed.)
If that doesn't work, with the wall at your back, walk toward the mall building.
Almost there, turn right.
Cross the street that borders the mall.
Look for a wide (pedestrian) walkway with bars on either side. There are usually several tuk-tuks nearby.
If all else fails, ask a tuk-tuk driver to take you to gay bar. Don't be surprised if he looks at you like you are bababobo: because you are already there!...or spitting distance from them.
Once you find the bars you can ask about the massage places.
Have fun!

A young farang lady, holding a map of Chaing Mai, was walking back & forth, back & forth.
I walked past, she yelled, "Oi! You speak English?"
Rubbing my poor ear, I replied in the affirmative.
"Where the bloody's this street, mate" she demanded, poking at the (Upsidedown) map.
I replied, "You're standing in it."
So she looked across the main road; to where there was no more street. "Bugg-er!"
So I turned her, and her map, around and off she tottered on her four-inch spike-heeled hiking boots.
She made me feel, almost, sane!
(I almost felt sorry I 'forgot' to tell her the place she was looking for was three blocks away--And closed.) :?

haikudude
January 6th, 2006, 14:39
She made me feel, almost, sane!
(I almost felt sorry I 'forgot' to tell her the place she was looking for was three blocks away--And closed.) :?

She made me feel less proud. I hate asking for direction at the risk of looking foolish.

Thanks Edith

AMARETTO-old
January 6th, 2006, 19:06
http://img2.postimage.org/197735/File1845.jpg (http://img2.postimage.org/forums/sawatdee_gay_thailand/197735/File1845.html)

Haikudude,

When you are in front of the peak climbing wall, Behind the wall on your right side there are 4 or 5 gay open bars. Behind the climbing wall on the left side there are also 1 or 2 open gay bars, you cannot miss them.

Now, look at the map. When you are at the peak bars, the climbing wall behind you, take the road TP 1 (map) on the left, then on the right side of the road you will see a walking soi with 2 girly bars on each side of this walking soi and many motorbikes parked in front of the soi. Now, enter this soi and you will find a few gay open bars, at the end of this soi there are 2 of them.

I hope you will understand my very bad english.

Have fun.

Cheers

January 6th, 2006, 23:16
Amaretto, i just applaud your karma for your English, must be very difficult for a French gay living in Paris

bucknaway
January 7th, 2006, 05:41
Khun Sukit.

Tuk Tuk Driver

0-1796-4415

He is straight but knows all the gay areas and is very reasonable....

January 7th, 2006, 09:09
I just got a msaage at Ken's massage yesterday. Its behind the Lanna Palace hotel. Nothing to shout about the place as I got to choose the boy from an album and the boy came by in less than 10mins. According to the boy, best time to go is after 6pm when most of the massage boys will be at the shop.
Pick up a copy of what's on Chiang Mai and you get all the gay advertisements in there.

haikudude
January 8th, 2006, 14:58
Thanks all for the directions to the Night Bazaar Bars. Found them! So silly, they really couldnтАЩt be missed.

It would seem that Cream bar is the newest and most popular, at least it was when I was there this weekend. I sat at a few bars, and lots of pretty boys were running around. Everybody was nice. These bars are my kinda place with the boys being boys, ruffians and not femтАЩish, for the most part. Thanks again for helping me to follow my own nose.

Haiku