List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid Report.. Sunee Plaza, Pattaya Sat. 9 Aug.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Raid Report.. Sunee Plaza, Pattaya Sat. 9 Aug.

Yes, Another major police raid swept thru the quaint sois that comprise Sunee Plaza in S. Pattaya.
    Word was out that a raid was anticipated and this time the word was accurate.
    About 10:30 PM we saw streams of police quickly move thorough out Sunee..
    The raid reminded me of a military action as we witnessed dozens of police vehicles, including motorbikes,
    trucks and cars.
    I joked with friends about the scores of police and one fellow poster here played in down and said he thought he
    only saw about 10 police. He changed his tune shortly thereafter as scores of police keep arriving.
    We watched from the street and then from a beer bar and saw many young Thai guys walking in a single file with one
    hand/arm on the shoulder of the guy in front.
    A little later we saw a truck crammed with Thai guys in the back and it appears as if at least a dozen were being taken
    back into Sunee, perhaps for a urine test or a reenactment?

I also heard that the Internet shops were getting raided as there is a 10 PM curfew based on age and licenses were also going
    to be checked.

We also saw some high ranking police/military personnel and some police with cameras and there were also brite lites but it reached
    a point when I become uncomfortable with such a large police presence. The farangs were ignored by the way and I do not know if the
    police went into the bars or not, as I recognized the boys/guys from being on the streets and many were doormen or those who sit on
    stools outside bars. The mood was peaceful in spite of some police carrying batons and everyone seemed to accept the situation and
    I didn't see the usual groups of young guys running. I understand that all entrances and exits were covered by cannot confirm.

There are still many guys in jail from the last big raid and many are hopeful for a general pardon on the 12Th. A friend commented on
    the fact that Sunee Plaza has been the target many times recently and we didn't know how general the raids are and if they are also
    happening in other parts of town, like walking street or beach road areas... :cat:

It is now Sun. morning and I expected to see a report here but I guess oogleman was over at Cafe Royale oogling El Duo

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Good on the Police. I hope they keep raiding Sunee over and over and over again. And then some if it removes the garbage.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Re: Raid Report.. Sunee Plaza, Pattaya Sat. 9 Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    I guess oogleman was over at Cafe Royale oogling El Duo
    Pity they weren't raided so we could have had a more interesting story than "Sunee raided ... again"

Yes when I was coming out of the Day Night area last night there were many police heading down towards Sunee. Motor Bikes and Police cars with flashing lights etc. Maybe about 100 Police in all. No reports in the Pattaya news reports yet.

Tourist numbers down 30%: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd6

Is there a connection?

A few warning letters, followed by the arrest & prosecution of bar owners & managers with under age boys would probably be a more effective & lower profile method of cleaning the area up.

DELETED

Quote Originally Posted by "ViaRosa
    WOW Sunee Plaza must have been bursting at the [b
    seems [/b]at one time if the 30% drop are all pedos :drunken: :drunken:
    When your making these stupid remarks at least learn to spell!

Yes and, 'your' should be 'you're'....[/quote]

mea culpa a typo I did not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by z909
    Tourist numbers down 30%: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd6

Is there a connection?

A few warning letters, followed by the arrest & prosecution of bar owners & managers with under age boys would probably be a more effective & lower profile method of cleaning the area up.
    Oh, come on. What percentage of visitors to Pattaya even know what Sunee Plaza is, let alone visit it? Let's put it this way, it's a niche destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Chao Na
    Oh, come on. What percentage of visitors to Pattaya even know what Sunee Plaza is, let alone visit it? Let's put it this way, it's a niche destination.
    I guess the oil price & the state of the global economy have more significance.
    However at the margins, bar closures as a result of raids, birthdays for dignitaries etc may dissuade a small percentage of people from visiting again.
    And unlike the state of the global economy, these other factors are under the control of the Thai authorities.