Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Holiday Tips for Pattaya

Liked

Holiday Tips for Pattaya

Hi guys, It is that time of year when many suffer from Holiday Blues. Here are some tips to help you (and me), through this time of year.

1. Do something nice for someone, with no expectation of repayment.
    2. If you feel stress. Stop and breathe deeply 10 times. In through the nose and out through the mouth.
    3. Touch, hug someone, hold hands, stroke a pet, make non sexual contact with people.
    4. See humor in life, laugh at yourself, forgive yourself and life. Have fun and "play" at life.
    5. Wear comfortable, clean clothes, that make you feel good about yourself.

Please feel free to add your ideas to stress reduction.

Liked

stress reduction

Prozac

Liked

Allipat

Hate to see my ace trumped, but good show Allipat.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

where

where to get and how much?

Re: Holiday Tips for Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by bing
    5. Wear comfortable, clean clothes, that make you feel good about yourself.
    Comfortable clothes these days are a size that makes me depressed. Bah, humbug.

Is year-end depression a problem here in the tropics like it is in northern farang countries? I've read about studies that indicated the reduced angle of sunlight, and reduced quantities of same, were contributory to seasonal depression, but is it also the cold weather and/or the greenery stripped off the branches (i.e. less color in the environment) that makes this time of year less joyous in the north? Or, is it the pressure of Christmas shopping and increased close interactions with family members?

Several years, actually several decades ago, I was living in Chicago (after living in Hawaii for several yeas) for a bitterly cold winter where it never got above zero degress (Fahrenheit!) for three weeks. I didn't mind the cold so much as I did walking down the street and all the trees were bare and everybody was bundled up in drab brown/grey/black coats, boots, hats and gloves. Walking down the same street in spring and summer was uplifting and fun: green grass, colorful flowers, and leafy green trees, with people exposing bare skin and dressing in stimulating colors.

Is there a corresponding emotional "low season" in the southern hemisphere during the mid-year (i.e. winter in Aus and NZ)?

6) Be around people and get out to some good activities. Take in a new show, play, or whatever is available with a friend. Cross country skiing, snow machine trip, ice skating anyone???

7) Make certain you include any single friends in Christmas dinner as that can be a tough day for anyone alone. Even travelers on Holiday. If no friends available, make a new one.

I come from a northern state that just happens to have the highest suicide rate in all of the US. Almost every winter we have a rash of high school boys that find a way to end their life. Very sad. Our days are dark and cold. Sunrise at 10:45 today and it sets at 2:42 for a day that is less than 4 hours. But, being the optimist I would quickly tell you we are looking forward to Winter Equinox December 21. Days start getting longer and we'll be getting another 3 minutes or so a day soon getting up to 7 minutes a day gain until we have 24 hour days by April. Today we even had 4 Above Zero for a Fahrenheit temp. Next week its predicted to be a high of 25 or down to 35 Below for the holidays.

By end of January it will have been a very long winter and suicides increase. I'll be in Thailand if all goes well.

holiday blues????

dig out those Christmas Song CDs, buy a tree......... and feel festive!

:bigsmurf: :bigsmurf: :bigsmurf:

hehehehehe

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Holiday Tips for Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by bing
    Is there a corresponding emotional "low season" in the southern hemisphere during the mid-year (i.e. winter in Aus and NZ)?
    Indeed there is. Our deadly dull period is July/August. By then the novelty of Winter has well and truly warn off but Summer seems still so far away. For me only the knowledge of a trip to other climes is the only thing that's keeps me sane(ish).

Cheers