List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do thai boys tell sick buffalo stories to wealthy thais too?

Do thai boys tell sick buffalo stories to wealthy thais too?

I have another thai boy telling me that his money got stolen, and he ran out of money this month. Later on, he told me his cell phone was broken...etc.
    Why do thai boys always tell sick buffalo stories (or other stories to ask for money) to farangs? Do they tell these stories to the wealthy thais too?
    if not, do thai boys think only farangs are stupid enough to believe those stories? :cyclopsani:

Never the twain shall meet

Why assume that rich Thais would ever mix, socially or sexually, with bar boys? However, if a rich Thai ever did take up with a social inferior he would understand without it having to be explained to him, that his role is benefactor and patron - that's the Thai way

It's been said over and over again in this Forum - you think you're the Thai guy's boyfriend, he thinks you're his patron. Unless you face up to that reality you're going forever to feel ripped off and used, the "walking ATM" and all those other cliches we hear week after week from people who simply don't understand or accept their role in the relationship

In fact it's no different from the "kept" boy in the West - other than most people who post here want to ignore reality, perfectly exemplified in the following declension:
    My boyfriend is a dancer
    Your boyfriend is a go-go boy
    His boyfriend is a prostitute

Last one i had was from a waiter at the shangri la in bkk.

he told me he had an accident while serving in the restaurant and spilled soup all over a guest. the guest wanted him to pay 22,000 for cleaning/replacing the mans clothes.

I wrote back - do you mean Turkish Lira?

Re: Never the twain shall meet

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Why assume that rich Thais would ever mix, socially or sexually, with bar boys? However, if a rich Thai ever did take up with a social inferior he would understand without it having to be explained to him, that his role is benefactor and patron - that's the Thai way

It's been said over and over again in this Forum - you think you're the Thai guy's boyfriend, he thinks you're his patron. Unless you face up to that reality you're going forever to feel ripped off and used, the "walking ATM" and all those other cliches we hear week after week from people who simply don't understand or accept their role in the relationship

In fact it's no different from the "kept" boy in the West - other than most people who post here want to ignore reality, perfectly exemplified in the following declension:
    My boyfriend is a dancer
    Your boyfriend is a go-go boy
    His boyfriend is a prostitute
    Why should the Thai in a multiculural Thai/farang relationship be the one to DEFINE all of the rules of the relationship? Maybe we should accept and embrace everything Thai and start picking our noses in public.

Why assume that rich Thais would ever mix, socially or sexually, with bar boys? However, if a rich Thai ever did take up with a social inferior he would understand without it having to be explained to him, that his role is benefactor and patron - that's the Thai way....
    no, this boy I was referring to was not a bar boy. He has a full time job with low/average thai salary....similiar to Oogleman's hotel waiter boy, so these boys are social inferior too?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    no, this boy I was referring to was not a bar boy. He has a full time job with low/average thai salary....similiar to Oogleman's hotel waiter boy, so these boys are social inferior too?
    Absolutely

Absolutely
    If they are young and cute, they are socially SUPERIOR in the eyes of most gay farang. Gotta love meritocracy.

The Thai view of bar boys

To the Thai in the street it's a very simple equation: a Thai is with you therefore s/he is a prostitute and you are his/her customer. The greater the age difference the more obvious the inference. The usual circumstance where that doesn't apply is that you are wearing a suit (or at least a tie) and you are with a group of Thais, also wearing suits, so clearly you are doing business together

Re: Do thai boys tell sick buffalo stories to wealthy thais

Why do thai boys always tell sick buffalo stories (or other stories to ask for money) to farangs? ... do thai boys think only farangs are stupid enough to believe those stories? :cyclopsani:
    Why, because we, or some of us, do believe them and feel suitably stupid afterwards. I feel I may have been taken in by a few of these stories when I first visited Thailand over a year ago but felt that since then I had developed a thick skin. I previously posted on how hard it is to say 'no' when presented with a forlorn looking Thai guy who has tears in his eyes and I asked board members what does one do. My most recent experience began a few months back when one guy who I had got to know as an occassional talking buddy explained that he was seriously ill and due to an accident had little time left for this world (3 months). He was indeed looking very sick (seriously sick) and although I had some reservations I believed him. He needed money for the doctor for injections to ease the pain and to move back to his parents home to recover. After having this all confirmed by his friends (possibly a mistake) I forked out the small sum of 1500 baht for injections and to help with the taxi home (I know this is only a smalll sum but others could spend significantly more). I know he went home but was back in Pattaya four days later. Recently I met up with him and he has started a new training course that will last a year which he joyfully explained will allow him to become a trainer himself, forgetting all about the 'oncoming death' story. He then went on to ask me for money for the sick mother of a friend of his I know - this time I politely refused several times before he went on his way.

Ok, I only forked out 1500 baht (something I could afford) and yes I was stupid, but others beware and don't go spending money you cannot afford and don't believe everything you hear. Even if the stories are true, it is not your role to be the one who corrects all societies ills and personal misfortunes, unless of course you wish to take on that super-hero persona.

Being a concerned foreigner, wanting to be nice, wanting to be liked and of course being downright stupid. I am all these things and more and I think as long as there are people like me visiting Thailand, the sick buffalo stories will continue.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Why do thai boys always tell sick buffalo stories (or other stories to ask for money) to farangs?
    Because it works.