Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Note From Wesley

Liked

Note From Wesley

Just a short note to say, its been good knowing all of you over the past 20 years or so. I may drop in to see you a little now. I contracted Cholera while working after a Typhoon in the Philippines. I returned home, I then went back for one year, However, I never was the same after that problem and I later returned to the USA for tests. After several tests I discovered I had developed Pneumonia. I was sent home with normal antibiotics. later I collapsed and died from a heart attack in which After 4 days off and on breathing machines and several months in rehab, I was given 6 months to live. I made that 6 months and I guess though, my traveling days are over. When I was without oxygen, I had a lot of damage done to my heart. Thus, I never know if I will make it another day. So, I plan not to live and I live. Like Jinks, I didn't want you to stop hearing at all from me and there be no one that knows what happened. So, after this post if you don't hear from me in a year or so again I am likely dead. Thanks for all the good times and bad . Thinking back now, all of them were good. All the best.

Wesley

All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Re: Note From Wesley

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate predicament, Wesley. I've enjoyed your posts over the years. Here's hoping you get back on your feet soon and find your way back to the board as a regular poster.

All the best.

Liked

Hi Wes,
    Quite depressing to hear about your myriad afflictions. But perhaps that god you seem to know well as you trudged the windy steppes of Kyrgyzstan can help out after these years of service. You really should have been a nun you know: I've heard tell that godly ladies are immune to Cholera and diseases of the lower-kind.

I remember with a smile the fun ~ sometimes slight rancour ~ we had sparring on this board many years ago . . . and yes yes, I often wondered what you were doing during your great longish 'disappeared' times from this board.

As the Thais say: " ... take a good care, kup phom! ... " (of yourself), and best wishes Wes.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wes was a good sport and I recall some laying into him for his na├пvet├й.
    One can only hope he finds some comfort in his faith and beliefs.

Liked

Thanks for posting of your condition and keeping us informed.

For those farang who have not gotten their pneumonia vaccine, Wesley's post should be a wake up call. The US CDC has new guidelines for pneumonia vaccines especially for older men.

Liked

Wes, I wish you all the best. My prayers are with you.
    Your selfless contributions to the less fortunate will not be missed by our creator.
    Choose to be optimistic, it feels better
    - Dalai Lama

Liked

I have to say I didn't know you as a poster here. I admire your 'keeping it real'.

The Buddhists are probably closest to the reality of living and dying -each is of equal value-neither to be feared. We will ALL experience both.

Our consciousness during the time in the womb before our birth cannot be re-called or imagined but did exist none-the-less. Likewise with our passing into the cosmos where we all belong and always have belonged.
    It cannot be imagined now but it will exist none-the-less.

And there's a strong chance, given your spirit, that you'll be back here in Thailand for a bit more fun prior to your (and our) passing.

Liked

Wesley,
    As another lover of Pinoy men I was saddened to hear of your condition.
    I assume the typhoon was the one that devastated Leyte??
    I have one friend from Letye, he lives in Manila but went home to help.
    His poor family lost most of everything.
    I am also on 24 hour oxygen. The high altitude here in Santa Fe, New Mexico is not good for my old lungs.
    But when I travel to the Philippines, down at sea level, I am just fine. Just cannot go visit Baguio!!!
    So all my best in INGAT!!
    George

Liked

Me too, Wesley.
    I looked forward to your posts.
    I lived in the Philippines some time ago and have great empathy with you.
    Good memories

Liked

Saddened to read of your situation Wesley...
    Thank you for your many postings over the years on the forum...
    May you find peace and secure good medical care as you endure this life event.
    Please do update us as you may..in days & times ahead.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers...with best wishes.
    God Bless You and your care takers too....
    Tj
    Tj