Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new bank no atm fees!

Liked

new bank no atm fees!

a new bank with a different fresh approach, but most important free atm transactions abroad, about bloody time we got this perk back i say!

when you open an account you get your card there & then on the spot, they put ┬г3 in your account & stand with you whilst you test the atm to see it all works fine & you see the ┬г3 also! even open on sundays!

http://www.metrobankonline.co.uk

i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Liked

Re: new bank no atm fees!

It's worth testing but I see that charges "may be applied for ATM abroads".

Liked

yes but the bank dont charge so im right its free in some respects, but some atm may charge you agreed, but how can we find out which one in los charge? & how does this bank compare to the likes of halifax & nationwide?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... avel-money

Liked

I don't think the bank issuing the ATM card controls the 150/180 fee. This fee is imposed by the Thailand banks.

I don't know how available it is outside of the USA, but Schwaab bank has an account which REFUNDS any ATM fees, including the Thai fee.

Liked

Banks need to charge each other for the use of their systems, this is why it can cost you something to use another bank's service. Providing ATM services is not an activity that just happens. All of these things cost money to be run. Why would a bank in Thailand allow cardholders from overseas to use their expensive machines, which get authorizations very efficiently, for no income to cover their costs? No business will provide free services to non-customers.

To keep it simple you should bank with a bank, say SCB, and use their ATMs only. That way you would not need to pay any usage fees.

Visitors from overseas should either bring cash or travelers cheques to avoid ATM fees or if you have a friend locally send money by TT to their bank account and get them to draw the cash. Using credit cards to pay for meals and other purchases would obviate the need to bring a lot of cash/travelers cheques.

Hope this helps.

Liked

And here was me naively thinking that, as far as personal banking is concerned, Banks basically collect money from customers, pay them virtually no interest, charge them at every turn, borrow additional money at low rates or (even better) just invent even more money interest-free, and then lend all that money (and much more) out at rates VASTLY above what they are paying - thus enabling them to fund their operations - including ATMs.

Obviously I'm an even Simpler Soul

:hello2:

Liked

scottish-guy, you know too much! Now you've let the cat out of the bag. How will the bankers ever be able to live their lives of luxury and pull in obscene salaries? Don't you remember that the Times of London quoted Goldman Sachs' Blankfein as saying he's merely a banker "doing god's work." Gods don't come cheap these days!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSoul
    Why would a bank in Thailand allow cardholders from overseas to use their expensive machines, which get authorizations very efficiently, for no income to cover their costs? No business will provide free services to non-customers.
    hmm, I don't know any other country where banks demands this fees for using an alian card in their ATM, but correct me if I am wrong.

I am also quite sure that the banks earned money and had income on the transaction, before this fee was introduced.

Untill now the only way to avoid it in Thailand, is to use the AEON ATMs.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSoul
    Banks need to charge each other for the use of their systems, this is why it can cost you something to use another bank's service. Providing ATM services is not an activity that just happens. All of these things cost money to be run. Why would a bank in Thailand allow cardholders from overseas to use their expensive machines, which get authorizations very efficiently, for no income to cover their costs? No business will provide free services to non-customers.
    Get a grip SimpleSoul, Thailand is the ONLY country where the banks charge or is that gouge overseas customers for ATM use.

Liked

so how does this new card compare with nationwides card? better i think