Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Place Hotel

Liked

Tarntawan Place Hotel

Has anyone stayed here lately? Apparently they are embarking on a renovation program and I was wondering if there are any notable changes of late.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Tarntawan Place Hotel

I've literally just checked in to the Tarntawan two minutes and short of the change that happened a while back when the travel company moved out of their lobby office and that one room was redecorated I see no changes whatsoever, which I have to say I quite like as I've stayed here that many times it feels like coming home now when I get here, right down to the staff knowing my favourite room and reserving it for my without even being asked. So no, no apparent changes that I can see but I'll ask the manager later when I'm talking to him perhaps and see if he has any update on planned works ( if they're even happening as I've heard the same story now about forthcoming modernisation so many times and yet nothing ever seems to happen ( again in my book thankfully).

Liked

I stayed recently and didn't notice anything different. I did enjoy my stay.
    Chelsea NYC

Liked

Was there less than a month ago and the only change I noticed was outside at the start of the soi leading to the hotel and the lobby of Tarntawan apartments, the hotel is still the same as ever and just as good as ever as well.

Liked: 1

There is a new archway in Thai style being built at the hotel driveway entrance on Suriwong road.
    It's about a week since I went past there so I don't know if the building work is finished.
    If you arrive at the hotel in a taxi you will probably not see it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes corky it's finished, I just remembered then doing that work after I'd sent my first post saying nothing had changed and looked out my window to check so basically they've built a bit of a fake Thai temple arch thing rather than the plain concrete arch that was there before all for purely aesthetic reasons in guessing as other than that I can't see much point in the change.

Liked

Thank you for your responses. I read on Tripadvisor that the Tarntawan now has in room safes. Can someone confirm this?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thats correct - after MANY conversations with the Owner where he INSISTED that I was the only guest who ever brought up the lack of safes and after my telling him how it was a real pain in the ass for guests to have to come down and leave even simple things like passports etc in the reception safe and screw about with two keys etc and how many people HAD already commented about it on Trip advisor etc, I'm delighted to report that "apparently" I must not have been the only guest to mention ( complain ) about that particular issue as yes as of about 6 months ago they now have nice handy, simple to use electronic safes "hidden" in the cupboard under the TV - ideal for throwing your wallet in to without making a fuss or needless embarrassing yourself or a boy as you can now do it while he is in having a shower - I just wish they would (could?) turn off the "beep" noise it makes when you press each button so the boy doesn't hear you use it as well and then they would be just PERFECT.

Liked

Can somebody share with me what is so great about this hotel?

I usually stay at Glitz and Tawana hotel and if I want to feel "rich", I will check in at Meridien.

However, there are so many good reviews about Tarntawan and how they do not care about how many boys enter your room as long as they are legal with IDs. So I might book that for my upcoming trip. hehehe

advice? :alc:
    I Love You Too

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What is NOT so great about the Tartawan is the very dated furnishings, so if you're looking for modern luxury, probably the Meridien is your best choice.

What IS so great is the welcoming atmosphere, well trained staff, and the guaranteed no-hassle when bringing guests to your room.