List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Thai SIM topped up between trips.

Liked

Keeping Thai SIM topped up between trips.

I know there's a few threads out there with various ways to keep your Thai SIM topped up and 'live' between trips to Thailand. I just came across a new way (to me) but I'm not sure if info on this method has been posted before or not.

I found when I returned to UK from last visit the top up I made before returning only kept it live for another month. Bf topped it up again remotely in TL since I got back to keep it topped until June when I go back to TL. I used it to make an sms to bf in Thailand from UK today and decided to check the balance after, on getting that balance from DTAC/Happy by dialling *101# i got a further sms which i have'nt had before with an online DTAC address to top up. Just used it to top up Bt200 on DTAC/Happy using a debit card (but you can use credit cards) for ┬г4.62= Ex Rate Bt43.28 to ┬г. It's good until 23 July. The main DTAC site is in Thai but i used google translation when topping up...three easy steps it said....and was. The secure payment section had english and Japanese as well as Thai so no problems there. There were top-up options of Bt50/100/200/300/500.

Just another alternative to top up between trips that I wasn't previously aware of. Email- [www.dtac.co.th/irefill]

Liked

Re: Keeping Thai SIM topped up between trips.

I have an AIS 1-2-call sim. When I had never realised that these low end packages could be set up for roaming, but when I switched the phone on in England I was surprised to get a text giving me a code to send if I wanted this. I sent the code, and the Thai number is now connected through the Orange system.
    The credit on this sim lasts for a month, but you can renew it by sending the code *500*9# (just dialled as a normal phone number). That extends the credit for another month, at a cost of 30 baht. It's worth 30 baht a month to keep the number.
    I also now have a Thai bank account set up on the last visit. It's easy to use the on line banking to top up and includes a feature to make automatic monthly top ups of as little as 50 baht/month.
    On another, but related subject, I have bought an Orange sim with their "Camel" package in the UK. This is specifically designed for people making a lot of overseas calls. For a ┬г10.00 top up you get 60 minutes free to Thailand and after that it's 10p/minute - so you get 160 minutes for ┬г10.00. (┬г15.00 gets 120 free minutes, so 270 minutes for ┬г15). At around 6p/minute. it's good value.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Topping up from the UK - search Google for the site that does it - pay 500 baht get 300 baht credit through PayPal.

Liked

Also, on Ebay you can often find people selling AIS 1-2-Call 300B top-up vouchers at not too big a mark-up.

You simply buy what you want and they send you the code/s by email.

Liked

I find the best way if you are not going to be back in Thai for a few months is not to bother with topping it up , but to let it lapse and buy a discounted sim and 100 bht of call time at the airport shop, Last time i was there i got a new sim plus 100bht of call time for 140 bht . If I remember a sim in a 7-11 or family mart is about 80 or 90 bht

Liked

Yes, aot, that's one idea and I did that for years - but then I wanted a"permanent" number.

Liked

I usually use the same Thai number because they are on my business cards. When I get back to the USA, I Top Up my DTAC via my Thai bank account. Very easy and I can schedule repeat payments in case I don't pay attention to my calendar alerts. I noticed that there were several other phone services listed in the drop down menu for topping up via the bank's website. This nifty option has allowed me to keep the same number I've had since 2007.
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

I have a DTAC sim which when topped up is good for a year. I have had the same plan and number for many years. Maybe that type of plan is not available any longer. I don't know the name of this particular plan and they are always changing. However, not a problem for me keeping the same number.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

When i was a regular visitor, twice a year, the Dtac shop in the airport would top-up and then set the end date to when I wanted.

Liked

You can top up both AIS. And Dtac sims by visiting the networks' websites and using your credit card.

If you are outside ofvThailand at he time the top up limit by credi card is 1000baht a month.

There is no need to pay Affiliate sellers commission, you get the full amount of top up.