Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay Travel Guru does Thailand!

Liked

Gay Travel Guru does Thailand!

posted to Gay Travel
    http://echelonmagazine.com/index.php?id ... Cbr%20/%3E
    reply form available for comment
    By Sophie Needelman

There are few things as exciting as getting to take a top of the line, world-class international trip to one of the most incredible tourist destinations in the world. GayTravel.comтАЩs Gay Travel Guru Bryan Kosarek experienced the thrills of travel recently on his incredible trip to Thailand. Throughout his journey to Bangkok, Chiangmai, and Phuket, the Gay Travel Guru soaked up all Thailand has to offer while scoping out the gay scenes in around these areas for gay travelers everywhere.

After traveling for 27 hours, Bryan arrived in Bangkok and woke up a few hours later to a gorgeous view of downtown- not to mention an open mind and no expectations so as to best experience this beautiful city! His daytime destinations kicked off with the Chattachuk Market which is only held on weekends and has over 10,000 vendors selling everything from artwork to puppies. Even the best travelers get lost though: Bryan spent a good five hours accidentally exploring this rich hotspot in the city which is not a bad place to get stuck for an afternoon.

After frolicking with BangkokтАЩs people, Bryan got a taste of this cityтАЩs notorious architecture and history at the local temple and grand palace. A unique aspect of this temple- the Temple of the Tigers- is the incredible opportunity to play with, feed, and bathe tigers ranging from cubs to three years old! After offering the local monks food and sharing breakfast with them, Bryan indulged his inner animal by soaking up this rare chance to interact with tigers up close and personal. Though this experience is truly hard to top, the rest of BryanтАЩs travels around Bangkok included a boat ride on a long tail boat through the canals of Bangkok to tour the local architecture and floating markets as well as an incredible spa day at the spa recently ranked best spa in all of Asia!

It would be near criminal to visit Bangkok without hitting up the amazing nightlife there- and the Gay Travel Guru definitely did not disappoint! His Bangkok nightlife experience kicked off with a party at Club Ono which is short for тАЬOne Night OnlyтАЭ, housed in BangkokтАЩs gaybourhood Snow Cowboy. Bryan also went to the very top of Vertigo Bar which is one of the highest points in Bangkok overlooking the entire city. Finally, the Guru rounded off his Bangkok nightlife extravaganza with the cityтАЩs notorious Ping Pong shows, Lady Boy shows, and dancing the nights away in the gay bars around town.

After wrapping up his time in Bangkok, Bryan traveled to his next destination Chiangmai which is in northern Thailand. Chiangmai is extremely laid back compared to Bangkok, with less traffic and a very relaxed atmosphere. There, he celebrated Thai New Year at the largest public water fight- and flirt fest- in the world! In addition to this massive celebration for the LGBT community and straight community alike, Bryan got to visit the Chiangmai elephants. Not only did BryanтАЩs new elephant friends take him for a ride through the jungle, but they ate and painted pictures together too!

The Gay Travel GuruтАЩs next stop on his Thailand tour was Phuket, a little island in the south of Thailand. There, he stayed in a hotel on a glorious hill with cabanas home to their own pools and an intricate network of stairs wrapping through the trees and jungle. He even got his spectatorship on sitting ringside at a Thai boxing match. The main differences between the three Thai destinations Bryan visited is the size and type of lifestyles practiced in each one. Bangkok, with 10 million people, has a vibrant gay scene with endless bars and clubs. In Phuket there is not much of a gay scene aside from other gay people traveling. According to Bryan, Chianmai was the perfect balance with 2 million people and a handful of gay bars where being gay is accepted but not thrown in your face.

In terms of LGBT travel safety, Bryan reports back that he always felt safe in and around the Thai destinations he visited. He believes that the overall Thai culture is accepting of homosexuality even if it is not openly spoken about. To get around in general, our Guru definitely relied on a wide network of public transportation which he assures is accessible and affordable. There was also a wide acceptance of a variety of languages all of which were very easily accommodated by the Thai people and other travelers alike. While Bryan didnтАЩt end up eating any crazy and exotic foods during his travels, he did indulge in the best of authentic Thai food which put a glorious finishing touch to his first official international Gay Travel Guru trip to Thailand!

Visit: www.gaytravel.com

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Gay Travel Guru does Thailand!

Wow. I canтАЩt wait to check out BangkokтАЩs gaybourhood Snow Cowboy on my next trip. Ditto for the little island of Phuket, which IтАЩm guessing might be near ThailandтАЩs largest island of the same name, though that one, unlike the island The Gay Travel Guru visited, has an active gay scene aside from other gay people traveling. And eating and painting pictures with the Chiangmai elephants . . . just imagine!

I havenтАЩt read such a knowledgable report on travel to Thailand since Davey Wavey reported Buddha didnтАЩt have much to say about homosexuality and that upon arriving to most hotels, youтАЩll find staff eager to wash your hands and give you a cold beverage.

Fascinating stuff!
    [i]You say sex tourist like it's a bad thing . . .[/i]

[url="http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com"]http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com[/url]

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    In Phuket there is not much of a gay scene aside from other gay people traveling
    Lacking quite a bit me thinks.

Liked

There are few things as exciting as getting to take a top of the line, world-class international trip to one of the most incredible tourist destinations in the world.
    And "few things as exciting as getting a top of the line, world-class international reporter" to write for your magazine.

I would suggest the author has never been within 5000 km of Snow Cowboy!

And the Tiger Temple?? Is that the main temple in Bangkok? Wow, must have missed that one! I went to boring ones like Wat Arun. Silly old me!

And he can't remember (?) the name of the incredible spa - where he spent an entire day???

And he can't remember any of the places he "danced the night away"???

Or any of the gay bars he visited "around town"???

And apparently he found that "there was also a wide acceptance of a variety of languages all of which were very easily accommodated by the Thai people and other travelers alike". What languages is he referring to, I wonder?

He also says "he did indulge in the best of authentic Thai food" but doesn't seem to be able to remember any names of the dishes, or even describe what they looked/tasted like.

Mmm....another report written in a bar at home, perhaps?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    BryanтАЩs travels around Bangkok included... an incredible spa day at the spa recently ranked best spa in all of Asia!
    I'm curious... which day spa is he referring to in Bangkok?

Liked

Maybe it shares a name with тАЬAustraliaтАЩs most expensive restaurantтАЭ.
    ItтАЩs the details, as you know, that always make a tale sound more genuine.
    [i]You say sex tourist like it's a bad thing . . .[/i]

[url="http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com"]http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com[/url]

Liked

I tend to agree with the late LMTU. It is better to be talked about even if incorrect, than not to be talked about at all.

Did he mean Soi Cowboy. WGAF

To get any mention in Gay magazines when the gay crowds are giving Thailand a miss, is better than not being discussed at all.

There is room on the link to post a comment about part or all of the review. Interesting to see who takes the time to do so,
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

I took the time, but got this message when I tried to submit my comments.

Error:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't remember the name of the incredible spa - where he spent an entire day??? A' at line 1

Perhaps they don't want any comments.

Hardly surprising.

Liked: 1

It would be near criminal to visit Bangkok without hitting up the amazing nightlife there- and the Gay Travel Guru definitely did not disappoint! His Bangkok nightlife experience kicked off with a party at Club Ono which is short for тАЬOne Night OnlyтАЭ, housed in BangkokтАЩs gaybourhood Snow Cowboy.
    One Night Only is in Silom Soi 4. http://www.ono-bkk.com/

Soi Cowboy is not a gay area.

This alleged travel guru is a self-promoting, self-aggrandising idiot.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I found you can see all his articles so far on Bangkok here: http://www.gaytravel.com/blog/in/the-gay-travel-guru

They're all written for the sort of person who's never stepped foot in Thailand and has no idea what to do so probably not going to interest many members here.

Seems like he stayed in the St Regis Hotel so he might be talking about he Elemis Day Spa there... It is a very very good day spa but I'm curious who ranked it "best spa in all of Asia" as he says.

He writes about it here ... http://www.gaytravel.com/blog/entry/the ... el_bangkok ... but there is no "inside scoop" in thearticle as he claims.

[youtube:36165kjl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqyO6YM2z5o[/youtube:36165kjl]