Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soi Twilight and Soi Cowboy

Liked

Soi Twilight and Soi Cowboy

Where is Soi Twilight (I think the correct name is Soi Pratucha) and Soi Cowboy in relation to Silom Soi 4?

I have been to Soi Twilight a couple of times and always went with a local guy who acted as a guide. I will be visiting BKK next week and I can not figure out where those places are located. The last time I was there I recall walking from the Silom Soi 4 area to I think Soi Twilight but I can not recall how I got there. I searched on Google Maps but could not find Soi Pratucha.

As I recall Soi Twilight was all GO GO bars and Sex Show bars. Are there any good places to hang out in the Silom area besides the obvious choices of the Balcony and the Telephone Bar?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked: 1

Re: Soi Twilight and Soi Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy
    Where is Soi Twilight (I think the correct name is Soi Pratucha) and Soi Cowboy in relation to Silom Soi 4?I have been to Soi Twilight a couple of times and always went with a local guy who acted as a guide. I will be visiting BKK next week and I can not figure out where those places are located. The last time I was there I recall walking from the Silom Soi 4 area to I think Soi Twilight but I can not recall how I got there. I searched on Google Maps but could not find Soi Pratucha. As I recall Soi Twilight was all GO GO bars and Sex Show bars. Are there any good places to hang out in the Silom area besides the obvious choices of the Balcony and the Telephone Bar?
    Soi Twilight and soi 4 are not all that far from each other really as they are both at the upper end of silom/suriwing. The way I go from soi4 to soi Twilight is the same route i take from soi 2/DJ station to Twilight. That is, at the end of soi 4 turn left and head up Silom Rd, you will pass Sala Daeng BTS, soi 2/1 (where GOD is) soi 2 where (dj staion is) take a left at the next main street which runs from silom to suriwong quite near the top of silom which is often known as soi yipoon where all the Japanese bars are. At the end of this soi turn left onto suriwong rd, about 200 yards/meters on your right across suriwong road is soi twilight. There is another way of reaching it taking 'right hand' turns all the way from soi 4 using Patpong, but i find that a much busier/slower way.

As for your reference to Soi Cowboy, there is a famous soi of that name which is a girly bar/lady agogo area way over at Sukumvit, near Aosk BTS, unless there is another soi with similar name in the silom area i'm not aware of.

Regarding Soi twilight, it is not just all agogos and shows. There are at least 7 or 8 host/beer bars which look out over the soi as well as Dicks Cafe where you can sit and take in the atmosphere as well as the boys going to and from work in the gogos. There are also 3 massage places where the boys sit outside. Its noisy, colourful and busy from 7pm onwards till about 2am. Much more interesting place to hang out than soi 4 in my opinion.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan
    Where is Soi Twilight (I think the correct name is Soi Pratucha) and Soi Cowboy in relation to Silom Soi 4?I have been to Soi Twilight a couple of times and always went with a local guy who acted as a guide. I will be visiting BKK next week and I can not figure out where those places are located. The last time I was there I recall walking from the Silom Soi 4 area to I think Soi Twilight but I can not recall how I got there. I searched on Google Maps but could not find Soi Pratucha. As I recall Soi Twilight was all GO GO bars and Sex Show bars. Are there any good places to hang out in the Silom area besides the obvious choices of the Balcony and the Telephone Bar?
    Soi Twilight and soi 4 are not all that far from each other really as they are both at the upper end of silom/suriwing. The way I go from soi4 to soi Twilight is the same route i take from soi 2/DJ station to Twilight. That is, at the end of soi 4 turn left and head up Silom Rd, you will pass Sala Daeng BTS, soi 2/1 (where GOD is) soi 2 where (dj staion is) take a left at the next main street which runs from silom to suriwong quite near the top of silom which is often known as soi yipoon where all the Japanese bars are. At the end of this soi turn left onto suriwong rd, about 200 yards/meters on your right across suriwong road is soi twilight. There is another way of reaching it taking 'right hand' turns all the way from soi 4 using Patpong, but i find that a much busier/slower way.

As for your reference to Soi Cowboy, there is a famous soi of that name which is a girly bar/lady agogo area way over at Sukumvit, near Aosk BTS, unless there is another soi with similar name in the silom area i'm not aware of.

Regarding Soi twilight, it is not just all agogos and shows. There are at least 7 or 8 host/beer bars which look out over the soi as well as Dicks Cafe where you can sit and take in the atmosphere as well as the boys going to and from work in the gogos. There are also 3 massage places where the boys sit outside. Its noisy, colourful and busy from 7pm onwards till about 2am. Much more interesting place to hang out than soi 4 in my opinion.
    Ah..thanks...I appreciate the info.
    I am only in town for a few days and wanted something different than the Soi 4 DJ station experience.

kitty do me a favour please .. sit in dicks cafe for a beer or what ever you fancy and let me know about the bar across the road ... directly opposite .. theres an older so so skinny guy who sits out side in vest and shorts .. and hes ruff as fook ... stopped me from wanting to go into the bar .. let me know if hes still there ... save me the bother of going there next times im over that way cheers

Liked

I thought Id check to see if Nicky had a map of the Silom and Suriwingese area, and sure enough he has 3. The area where Babylon and Malaysia are not included but a motorbike taxi will get you there quickly.

http://www.nickysgaybangkok.com/gay-ban ... map-n-sil/
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I thought Id check to see if Nicky had a map of the Silom and Suriwingese area, and sure enough he has 3. The area where Babylon and Malaysia are not included but a motorbike taxi will get you there quickly.

http://www.nickysgaybangkok.com/gay-ban ... map-n-sil/

As Babylon and Malaysia are in a slightly different part of Bangkok they are on a different map. See - http://www.nickysgaybangkok.com/gay-ban ... map-s-sil/

Thanks Lonely for putting our map up in the first place. The maps lonely put are everything North of Silom, this map is everything South.
    [color=#000080]For all the up-to-date news, stories and all the gossip on my blog - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog]NickysGayBlog.com[/url] For reviews of gay venues, bars, accommodation, restaurants - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-thailand]NickysGayThailand.com[/url][/color]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by brithai
    kitty do me a favour please .. sit in dicks cafe for a beer or what ever you fancy and let me know about the bar across the road ... directly opposite .. theres an older so so skinny guy who sits out side in vest and shorts .. and hes ruff as fook ... stopped me from wanting to go into the bar .. let me know if hes still there ... save me the bother of going there next times im over that way cheers
    I will make it a mission, complete with a BKK post with eye holes cut out for easy observation.

OK I have to ask, How bad was this guy? I mean how creepy can is the old darling?

I will make it a mission, complete with a BKK post with eye holes cut out for easy observation.

OK I have to ask, How bad was this guy? I mean how creepy can is the old darling?
    imagine a pipe cleaner in a t-shirt and shorts .. thats him .. he copied every thing i did and wouldnt stop looking at me .. scary for sure and in his late 30's id imagine ...
    there was one super hottie sitting next to him who also waved me over .. if had gone in a flash if it hadnt of been for my old friend skeletor .. but after looking/ having him in sight for the best part of an hour im afraid sex had gone completly out of my mind.... p.s drop into o'riellys irish bar by the stairs of sala daeng bts fridays from 9 pm well worth an hour of anyones time ... IF YOU LIKE THE BEATLES THAT IS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb8pRGKPAAQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFw5B48lmXA

Liked

imagine a pipe cleaner in a t-shirt and shorts .. thats him .. he copied every thing i did and wouldnt stop looking at me .. scary for sure and in his late 30's id imagine ...
    there was one super hottie sitting next to him who also waved me over .. if had gone in a flash if it hadnt of been for my old friend skeletor .. but after looking/ having him in sight for the best part of an hour im afraid sex had gone completly out of my mind.... p.s drop into o'riellys irish bar by the stairs of sala daeng bts fridays from 9 pm well worth an hour of anyones time ... IF YOU LIKE THE BEATLES THAT IS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb8pRGKPAAQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFw5B48lmXA
    I went to Soi Twilight and had a good time. The boys are IMHO much more handsome than those in sunee plaza, which is my usual drinking and whoring area.

I went to Dick's a couple of times but I did not see anyone sitting across the street in the bar...Sorry Brithai I do not know if your nemesis is still there.

I have to say though that it was slow the times I was in Soi Twilight which was in the afternoon and around 9-10 at night.

well thanks very much for looking ... was it windy ? he may have been blown away ... tho id imagine he's been gotten rid of as he was a bit of a turn off ... who knows maybe he's gone to sunee ... tho he'd still have no hope!!
    thanks again ... i feel safer now