Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First timer to Bangkok

First timer to Bangkok

Friends, :hello2:
    I am an Indian, now working in Abu Dhabi and visiting Bangkok on deputation for two months from July 1st.
    I am just excited :bounce: as you know that in UAE I had to roll and tuck my tail in and forget Gayism as it is a SIN here :hiding: .
    I need a decent and trustworthy english speaking friend who can guide me safe for these two months in Bangkok :notworthy: .
    Or at the least guide me thru this blog that I dont get cheated by any one in this city. ottytrain3: :tard:
    I am a bit scared. But I want to freek out and enjoy the rainbow.... :sex: :occasion9:
    Also, I want to know if there is any Racism as in England towards Indians? :dontknow:
    Will the Gay friends here show respect to an indian like me? Hmmmmm....... :8(
    -Vijay :bis:

Liked

Re: First timer to Bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by veeresh_raj
    Also, I want to know if there is any Racism ... towards Indians? :dontknow:
    Indeedy dodee. Indians are stereotyped as stingy and smelly which, for both reasons, makes them unpopular in some bars. There have occasionally been stories in the press about Indians leaving hotel rooms stripped of everything they could pack. As well there is a general Thai distaste for darker skin, as traditionally peasants who worked in the fields had darker skin, therefore the darker the skin the lower the class. I've even heard of Thai mothers scolding their sons for sun-bathing on the beach for that very reason. That's not to say you won't have a good time, and there are plenty of ethnic-Indian here, mostly tailors, but there may be an under-current.

Thanks for the quick reply friend!
    But I am a decent looking Engineer.
    And I am not dark skinned and am not very fair also.
    Let me see my luck!

Liked

And we'll recognise you from the sign you'll be wearing around your neck saying "I'm not a tailor I'm really an engineer"? :dontknow:

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    And we'll recognise you from the sign you'll be wearing around your neck saying "I'm not a tailor I'm really an engineer"? :dontknow:
    LOL! :rolling:

Liked

Thais have a fairly negative attitude towards Indians but as long as you throw plenty of money around you should be fine. Make sure you are generous with the Thais.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One of my Thai boyfriends was studying in Sydney and lots of Indians classmates. I asked if he was making many friends. He said something along the lines of, "I don't really want to say what I think about them" LOL. It was clear he had no desire to get to know them. I guess he just wasn't widely exposed to Indians and couldn't relate to them in terms of their looks or habits.

Yes, there are some negative attitudes towards Indians but that might not mean you can't have a good time.

Maybe you can pre-empt a few things...

Looks: I don't know if Thais are attracted to people of Indian ethnicity. I suspect most aren't. Maybe some are. So might be harder to pick up boys genuinely. But if you just want to go to gogo bars you'll probably overcome this barrier as they just do it for the money.

Appearance/behaviour: Indians are often stereotyped by Thais as smelly, poorly dressed, shamelessly cheap, not charming and low classed. Unfortunately this stereotype will probably precede you wherever you go. You could pre-empt this by dressing smartly and neatly, being extra careful with personal hygiene, smiling lots, behaving politely and with class and being generous with people you meet (e.g. don't hold back on offering to buy drinks etc.). It'll reflect well on you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    and being generous with people you meet (e.g. don't hold back on offering to buy drinks etc.). It'll reflect well on you.
    Raj; be generous with your tips, otherwise they may think you are an Australian.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    otherwise they may think you are an Australian Aborigine.
    [youtube:1vyt7fur]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA_SfskrsA[/youtube:1vyt7fur]

Liked

[attachment=0:269nus4z]Young Sadhu.jpg[/attachment:269nus4z]
    тАЬI am not distinct from the phallus. The phallus is identical with me. It draws my faithful to me, and therefore must be worshipped. My well-beloved! Wherever there is an upright male organ, I myself am present, even if there is no other representation of me.тАЭ
    -Shiva Purana, Vidyeshvara Samhita, I, chap. 9, 43 - 44