Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monty's new cafe gala opening I june free food cheap drinks

Liked

Monty's new cafe gala opening I june free food cheap drinks

On gaybuttonthai, gaybutton and corner bar [owner] visited Montys and posted this review. It has already attracted a reply from jinks and will probably be a populat thread. In the interest of getting some positive news about Sunee and pattaya I have cut and pasted the review and include a link for those who wish to read further comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaybutton
    This evening TheCornerBar and I stopped in at Monty's. Monty sat with us and we had a long conversation. At the entrance is a large couch, along with several tables, chairs, and the bar, which is now fully stocked and ready to go. The toilet is also conveniently located on the ground floor as well. There is also a small stage in the back corner and Monty is planning some periodic entertainment there. He even mentioned that magician he would often have at his Jomtien location.

Food is also ready to go. He has both a farang food and a Chinese food menu. All the farang food selections are 150 baht apiece. Each selection comes with a salad and fries. He offers everything from hamburgers to a seafood platter. While we were there a customer ordered the seafood platter. It looked and smelled delicious and the customer gave it a definite thumbs-up. We don't know how Monty is doing it for only 150 baht.

Monty also has a Chinese food menu, with most items in the 90 baht range. Monty said he took Chinese cooking lessons while he was in Australia, hence the Chinese food menu.

There will be a computer downstairs and several upstairs for "hookup" use. It's going to be several more days before he's ready to open upstairs. Monty also has several ideas for attracting boys and freelancers to the bar. It was pointed out in another post that boys might be reluctant to come to the bar and especially reluctant go go upstairs by themselves. Monty wasn't born yesterday and he's been around the Pattaya boys long enough to know what he needs to do to attract them to the bar.

His drink prices are very low, lower than most bars. Monty said he's only making 10 to 20 baht on the drinks. He said he knows better than to try to get rich running a bar and that's not what he's looking to do.

TheCornerBar and I were quite pleased with Monty's and as far as we could tell, so were the other customers. And Monty is a very congenial host.
    http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2936

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Re: Monty's new cafe positive review

Does Monty give you a commission for all this brown-nosing?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    Does Monty give you a commission for all this brown-nosing?

No, what is wrong in posting a positive thread, after all the negative rubbish that has been posted that has been the mainstay of this board this last 12 months.

Might I ask you to give a link to a positive post you have made recently about any venue in Pattaya, on this forum. I know it must be hard to go back through the hundreds of posts you have made over the last 6 months, to find one positive thing in your flood of posts. Be daring and try.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

If you're going to get on your high horse why not post your own review rather than riding on the coattails of others?

Notwithstanding the review, who on earth would refer to himself as"The Corner Bar"?

Why not just use a real name?

From what I've seen it's extremely unlikely that anyone would stalk him,

except an undertaker maybe.

:dontknow:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Notwithstanding the review, who on earth would refer to himself as"The Corner Bar"?

From what I've seen it's extremely unlikely that anyone would stalk him, except an undertaker maybe.

:
    He posts on GB as Corner Bar similar as you do as scottish-guy ,and not your real name. Are you frightened on being stalked in Pattaya?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Might I ask you to give a link to a positive post you have made recently about any venue in Pattaya, on this forum.
    That's a very easy - there are none. This Forum is about Gay Thailand and I live in Bangkok. I visit Pattaya infrequently. I know that for many posters Thailand = Pattaya and Pattaya = Thailand and I infer that you are one of them. If you bothered to check you will see that I recently posted an extensive, positive "review", if that is the word, of why a newcomer to Bangkok might choose the Tarntawan Hotel (which is not in Pattaya, by the way). However, please persist in your fantasy that you are the only person who posts worthwhile and original items here.

L-Wombat,
    to tell you nicely,you seem to have some sort of obssession with this monty guy.I forget the saying but it goes something like you think the sun shines out of his ...
    The majority of posters it seems on this forum dont really care too much for him.
    You post threads continually about him.It does get a bit boring especially if you cut and paste from another forum that the majority of us couldn't care less about,otherwise we would go to that forum and read it ourselves wouldn't we?
    And secondly how are you to know the OP of that post wanted it cut and pasted to here,did you take their feelings into account,did you ask them for permission,they may be livid to see it on here.
    Now please dont take it the wrong way but do you see the point im making?

Rather than abuse other posters try to see what your doing your self.Im sure deep down you are a nice guy however.

Liked

Good Luck to Monty and his new venture.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by witchhunt
    Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy

From what I've seen it's extremely unlikely that anyone would stalk him, except an undertaker maybe.

:
    He posts on GB as Corner Bar similar as you do as scottish-guy ,and not your real name. Are you frightened on being stalked in Pattaya?
    Scotty has every reason to be frightened, he did after all receive a mysterious phone call one night in his room where neither he nor his boyfriend could understand what was being said and had to flee his hotel room in fear of his life. We still do not know if that mysterious caller has ever been apprehended.