Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Diamond Parties

Blood Diamond Parties

I have a new business concept which I would like to offer all readers on here, and tell me what you think. Blood Diamond parties. Noami gave me the idea. The only thing is the blood diamonds would be Jomtien beach pebbles!!

Re: Blood Diamond Parties

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    I have a new business concept which I would like to offer all readers on here, and tell me what you think. Blood Diamond parties. Noami gave me the idea. The only thing is the blood diamonds would be Jomtien beach pebbles!!
    I do take it that your business dealings always ended in failure?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't get it... Must be lame or stupid.

Its the case on Charles Taylor on whether is guilty or not or war crimes. Naomi Campbell, Carol White and Mia Farrow have given evidence on whether diamonds were used to fund the war/alleged crimes during Taylor's rein. The name blood comes from how they were obtained, allegedly through blood sweat and tears. Coverage in on BBC 24 and has been "on" literally all day today with Farrow and White in the witness box. I suspect you cannot receive BBC 24 in Thailand, or its probably the Asian version, you can view though if you have VPN network i.e. viewing through the UK internat via a proxy server. Hence, blood diamonds seemed to be the "in" word.

'Blood Diamonds' is used to describe diamonds mined, maybe using forced labour, then sold on to fund illegal wars resulting in the untold murder of civilians and not through "Blood, Sweat and Tears" as in working to mine them.

Liked

I think it was meant to be taken tongue in cheek. he wasn't serious it was a joke.
    All the Best!

Wes

I think WD should stick with his idiot friends on GTT and avoid posting on this board as it is only for intellectuals like Wesley

Liked

Hardly original.

You wouldn't be the first greedy, ignorant and oppressive foreigner to flaunt your stolen wealth in front those families who's fathers and sons, some nothing more than dead corpses now, whom you walked over to obtain your fortune.

Pardon me, I forgot to add coward. Since there is probably little or no diamond mining in Thailand, your fortune was probably extracted from some other third would country who's slave labour pool doesn't get to see how their contribution to your well being benefits you.

Regardless, your suggestion, humour or otherwise, is of extremely poor taste.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by soi_toi
    " ... You wouldn't be the first greedy, ignorant and oppressive foreigner to flaunt your stolen wealth in front those families who's fathers and sons, some nothing more than dead corpses now, whom you walked over to obtain your fortune.
    Pardon me, I forgot to add coward. Since there is probably little or no diamond mining in Thailand, your fortune was probably extracted from some other third would country who's slave labour pool doesn't get to see how their contribution to your well being benefits you.
    Regardless, your suggestion, humour or otherwise, is of extremely poor taste
    ... "
    Glad I read further before I foolishly posted the question " ... who the hell is Naomi? ... ".
    However, a Mad Magazine satirical bent ~ though not, I agree, a great one ~ has been broken in half by the ever so PC'ers of Soi Toi (wherever that is? Off Sukhumvit perhaps?).
    What gets the eyeballs to a-rollin' faster, a good laugh at the Horrors of this World, or a puritan S&A scowl from Baht Stop? :angry4:

Sawatdee is often ~ shall we say it? ~ a diamond mine of delicious bungkom. Even more so (sometimes) than BS.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Hypothetically speaking, of course. :boxing: