FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You TWITTER?

Re: Do You TWITTER?

My most recent Tweet: "I just farted sources close to me can confirm"

elephantspike

Wow - 2 Thailand Forum Owner follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/gaytop

What can I let you know what you not already heard on your forum? But thank you - try my best.

elephantspike

I generally follow back anyone who follows me who doesn't appear to be a spammer. I very rarely use Twitter to promote this board or Thailand travel in general. I usually tweet my opinions about world affairs, discuss geeky tech stuff, share trivial observations about my day to day life, and banter with mostly independent internet based entertainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike
    I generally follow back anyone who follows me who doesn't appear to be a spammer. I very rarely use Twitter to promote this board or Thailand travel in general. I usually tweet my opinions about world affairs, discuss geeky tech stuff, share trivial observations about my day to day life, and banter with mostly independent internet based entertainers.
    Want to follow you now and get this follow message:
    Twitter is stressing out a bit right now, so this feature is temporarily disabled.

Pattaya Gay TV is on Twitter too - http://twitter.com/PattayaGayTV
    You be the first who know when the latest edition is online on http://pattayagaytv.com/ - next Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand.com for sure.
    But I have to learn a little bit more here on Twitter.

elephantspike

OK, I followed you. Try again, PGTV, Twitter has hiccups sometimes like the infamous "fail whale", but it runs remarkably smoothly considering how many people use it and the fact that it doesn't make a dime.

[attachment=0:3igd8j3m]twitter_failwhale_stressing.jpg[/attachment:3igd8j3m]

Twitter?

A combination of Twat and Shitter :happy7:

Liked

I have noticed on Thai boards and many others that owners tend to post questions on their boards similar to what they post on twitter.

What are you doing today. Is it cold where you are. How was Xmas dinner.
    What are you watching on TV. Most often the subject has nothing to do with the forum posted to.

I concluded rightly or not that these childish threads are designed to stimulate visitor numbers and so increase the income from ads.

If that is correct they should factor in the lack of interest in an increasingly boring or off topic forum[s] on their incomes.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

elephantspike

Yeah, LW, I agree. Twitter is really just a giant chatroom where you can only see comments from who you choose to follow. The kinds of topics that might be entertaining in that sort of environment rarely are of much use as forum topics. Forums are more a place to compose articles on specific subjects. I suppose one could tweet links to forum articles one has composed, but I tend to not connect my Twitter activity to my forum activity.