Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Fake news!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Fake news!

Frequent, I distrust the MSM for far wider reasons than the independence issue.

Whilst I despair at the lack of balance in the press, I accept that it's owned by foreigners who are billionaires and who have an agenda to protect their interests at the expense of everybody's else's. Most often they do not even pretend to be impartial. I get that, and although I despise the direct and (more significantly) the indirect influence the printed press still has, I can at least choose whether or not to buy the product.

The BBC on the other hand feigns impartiality on the back of forcibly extracting large sums of money not even from viewers but from all households whether they want to watch the BBC output or not.

Is the comedian Bob Newhart dead? If not he could surely produce a hilarious monologue about the BBC and how an entire population is forced, on pain of imprisonment, to fund a product which an unknown percentage either do not consume at all or which given a choice would choose not to buy.

It's absolutely hilarious that people for almost a century have been forced to pay to be brainwashed by British State propaganda and at the same time contribute to keeping a small army of paedophiles well-fed and in very highly paid work whilst the organisation pulled out all the stops to cover up their activities.

I trust the above explains my antipathy towards the MSM - and as I said, it runs far deeper than the "Scottish question"

Banned
    Liked

Re: Fake news!

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    It's absolutely hilarious that people for almost a century have been forced to pay to be brainwashed by British State propaganda and at the same time contribute to keeping a small army of paedophiles well-fed and in very highly paid work whilst the organisation pulled out all the stops to cover up their activities.

I trust the above explains my antipathy towards the MSM - and as I said, it runs far deeper than the "Scottish question"
    A great example of confirmation bias