Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To cut or not to cut that is the question....Not really

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

To cut or not to cut that is the question....Not really

On another thread a poster refers to circumsission as sexual mutilation. Maybe so, but it seems more often than not a result of religious or cultural norms. Being cockologists of sorts what are some thoughts, preferences etc.

Liked

Re: To cut or not to cut that is the question....Not really

In Thailand I have come across both though most are uncut, but have been with a few Muslim guys from S.Thailand obviously cut, and one that couldn't escape the foreskin and as a result was cut.
    I have been to The Phillipines which is 90% Roman Catholic yet circumsission was a cultural norm?

Liked

Uncut. But speaking of Muslims,their practice of cutting is quite different than Jewish practices. For one thing they normally do the cutting at a later age, perhaps 10 and secondly they don't cut off as much as in Jewish rituals. All can be viewed on youtube.

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Mark 10:9
    Last edited by francois; January 6th, 2017 at 16:58.

Liked

A Masters in Cockology? Has a ring to it, no?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

ggobob (January 7th, 2017), paulo15 (January 7th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have always assumed that apart from the Muslims in the south the reason for over 90% of Filipino boys being circumcised is a result of American colonialism. It is known that in much of that period American doctors greatly favoured circumcision. Even today the US Academy of Paediatrics has guidelines stating that the benefits of the operation on infants outweighs any risks.

Yet the Filipino tradition is for the operation to take place not on infants but on prepubescent boys between about 8 and 12. Most regard it as a rite of passage, similar to many parts in Africa and elsewhere. The post-war American influence was equally true in South Korea where few were circumcised pre-1945 and yet now the WHO estimates 60% of men are. However, my experience is that the percentage is much less in the younger generation. And oddly (at least I think so) the practice never took hold in Japan, despite the massive American post-war influence. I don't think I have ever come across a circumcised Japanese guy - and I have come across many!

The Confucian tradition holds that the body should be buried whole. Those who saw Bertolucci's "The Last Emperor" may recall that at one point the eunuchs clasp glass jars as they are expelled from the Forbidden City. These held the parts of their bodies excised before puberty which could then be buried with them. I have been with some circumcised Chinese from China, Taiwan and Singapore but they are almost certainly few and far between. Often it is only done as a rather drastic cure for phimosis. And in Thailand the only ones have been Muslims from the south.

Personally I cannot see any reason why the foreskin should be cut, acute phimosis apart.

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 6th, 2017), paulo15 (January 7th, 2017)

Liked

These religious nuts who insist on circumcision should stop and ask the bleeding obvious question - why did their God make the child with a foreskin?

For me, it's uncut all the way. The first cock I ever saw on another guy was uncut. I grew up with Japanese uncut cocks and in all my years I never saw a cut Japanese guy (unless it was for phimosis, which is not uncommon there, judging from all the advertisements for the operation in men's magazines).

The first cut cock I saw was a magnificent specimen, attached to an Arab who I met in a gay movie cinema in Tokyo.

Liked

The decision should not be imposed upon a child. Once someone grows up, he can decide the issue for himself.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 9th, 2017), paulo15 (January 7th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    The decision should not be imposed upon a child. Once someone grows up, he can decide the issue for himself.
    Agreed! The same should apply to religion.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 8th, 2017), Patanawet (January 9th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

I know that SGT is largely a fact-free and post-truth Forum, but here's what the Mayo Clinic says: http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proc...e/prc-20013585

Liked

The next time you find yourself with nothing to do in Thailand here is an option:

http://m.bangkokpattayahospital.com/...rogram-en.html
    Last edited by Manforallseasons; January 7th, 2017 at 10:23.