Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya - New Crackdown

Liked

Re: Pattaya - New Crackdown

Fuck Matt's blindness - that's old hat - I for one want to hear the "Mr Stinky" story

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Fuck Matt's blindness - that's old hat - I for one want to hear the "Mr Stinky" story

It's nothing, and just an inside joke between leo and myself. I was calling my one dog Mr. Stinky for a while, because well, he stunk. Leo heard it, thought I was talking about him, so asked me what "stinky" meant, and it wnet from there. Now when one of us forgets to shower, we call the other mr. Stinky.

Just one of the many little idiocrincies that make a relationship worth while.
    n

Liked

Sorry to interrupt the Mr Stinky discussion but I found this article about the current crack down in Pattaya during my bedtime news catch up.
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...1c859a2e67f2ff
    No real details... other websites posting same things. Didn't find details on any gay establishment.
    As I recently spent time in Chiang Mai, is there a crack down happening there to?
    Yes, my name is doofus. (Yes, I am an idiot).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    But hey, sure, you "win" if that's what you're looking for. I could really care less. Now would you kindly shut the fuck up?
    n
    Actually, I didn't win so much as you lost.

But sure, I'll "shut the fuck up" - well, at least until the next time you make a ridiculous post which proves, yet again, that you are having a lend of us.

But cheer up - you now have 3 gullible supporters, it would seem.

BTW matt, nice typing! This time not a single mistake.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Doofus View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the Mr Stinky discussion but I found this article about the current crack down in Pattaya during my bedtime news catch up.
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...1c859a2e67f2ff
    No real details... other websites posting same things. Didn't find details on any gay establishment.
    As I recently spent time in Chiang Mai, is there a crack down happening there to?
    The article seems to focus more on tourist safety, although it does mention the cleaning up of the Pattaya sex industry. But this paragraph says it all :

However, some have warned a clampdown on vice in Pattaya could devastate the economy, which is still reeling from a 2014 recession, and leave thousands out of work, including prostitutes who often use their income to help support their families.
    Didn't Thaksin Shinawatra try to clean up Thailand in the early 2000s? And what was the result?

There are too many vested interests; too much corruption to think they can get rid of the sex industry. They've left it way too late.

If they didn't succeed before, why would they this time? Have the corrupt officials all magically disappeared?

And what would happen if they did indeed get rid of the sex industry but no families came to replace the sex tourists?

In any case, what has Pattaya got to entice families? Ripley's Believe It Or Not? Madame Tussards?

6. User who gave Like to post:

Doofus (February 26th, 2017)

Liked

Liked

Well if last night is anything to go by, Saturday night and still in high season they don't really need to do any cleaning up. Just wait until the industry fizzles out of it's own free will. Sadly.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Well if last night is anything to go by, Saturday night and still in high season they don't really need to do any cleaning up. Just wait until the industry fizzles out of it's own free will. Sadly.
    I am disappointed it is going downhill at the start of my sex tourism career. Well at least I experienced the idea how it was in the good old times. Because I have seen October 2014 moderately populated bars in Sunee. Not the almost deserted ones during my last visit in October 2016. I have experienced New Year's Eve 2014-2015 in Boyztown. It was totally crowded. You could hardly walk. So at least I have experienced something of the good old times. Sadly it lasted for me a very short while.

My hope is on Cambodia. The GDP is very low there. There must be many boys willing to supplement their income. I think if It disappears in Thailand it will grow in Cambodia. That's my hope.

10. User who gave Like to post:

paperboy (February 26th, 2017)

Liked

AsdaRa: Well last night a well known mamasan was blaming the present government for the lack of tourists. As though the previous ones were any good. The reasons for the denise are many and varied. But don't get too caught up in the "golden yesteryear' talked about by members. Even in 2004/5 bars were opening and closing quite quickly. The difference is that there was a steady supply of farangs with money to invest in what was basically a year or two away from their usual lives before returning to their own country. . The crash did for that idea.

12. User who gave Like to post:

AsDaRa (February 26th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    AsdaRa: Well last night a well known mamasan was blaming the present government for the lack of tourists. As though the previous ones were any good. The reasons for the denise are many and varied.
    On a recent visit, I also heard the Mamsan blaminng the government for the lack of tourists, but just around the block there was another gogo bar packed out with no spare seating space.

Also, tourist numbers to Thailand have increased considerably in the last 10 years, as shown by the TAT & airport statistics.

It just seems there has been a decrease in the numbers patronising Pattaya gay bars. I don't know why, but phone apps must be one factor. Another factor would probably be gogo bars closing due to police raids & pay offs. So less to attract people.