Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Today's Bangkok MRT trivia question

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    For clarification, when you type blind, do you not look at the screen as you type? I as assuming that matt cannot see the screen or , if so , only partially.
    Yes I do look at the screen, not at all at the keyboard, even though matt seems to believe I am confused maybe he thinks we are talking about those pesky touch keyboards, but I am talking about good old fashioned mechanical keyboard, where you could actually feel the keys

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Yes I do look at the screen, not at all at the keyboard, even though matt seems to believe I am confused
    Justaguy I'm with you and know what you mean as I do roughly the same and I too have one of the old trusted bang the letters hard keyboard ( in work) and a soft touch at home and my work keyboard is SO much easier and faster to type on. Like you I also ( have to) look at the screen as I type and and whilst I'm not a never look down man I have maybe looked down in total maybe 4 or 5 times whilst typing this message, but that's more as I use a mac keyboard at home and PC at work so the lettering is different and it's hard to remember which is which sometimes - but even the 4 or 5 times is whilst sitting typing with only the glare of the screen illuminating the room as I was just passing the computer and glanced at it without bothering to turn the light on when I stopped to send this message. So, I'm with you, I think what you're doing is fairly normal ( to me anyway). I guess Matt if he can't see at all relies on some speech reading . writing software perhaps ?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    Yes I do look at the screen, not at all at the keyboard, even though matt seems to believe I am confused maybe he thinks we are talking about those pesky touch keyboards, but I am talking about good old fashioned mechanical keyboard, where you could actually feel the keys
    Yeah, I don't have a mechanical keyboard, but have a large full sized USB keyboard.

And no, I don't think you're confused. However, regardless if you look at the screen or keyboard, I bet you rely on your eyesight for typing more than you realize. I know that was the case for me at least, and it's taken a while to get back to decent typing speed.

Again, give it a try yourself. Close your eyes, and bang out a couple paragraphs of text. I bet you'll be surprised at the results.