Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: First time traveler to Thailand

Liked

Re: First time traveler to Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I assume this is directed at me. You are wrong on all accounts. I'm not boasting how much/little I pay. I'm not squeezing*. They are not desperate (I have seen boys squander money many times - they are not desperate, they are poor in managing money!

The problem is not how much they earn, but how much and for what they spend their money. Give a Thai boy 1000 THB and he will spend 1000 THB, give him 1500 and he will spend 1500, give him 2000 and he will spend 2000. I can't influence how they spend the money, but I can make sure it's not my money they are squandering.**

All I wanted to say that in the range 1000 - 2000THB for short time given in an another post is to be taken as (realistic) - (overly generous). Telling a first-timer to offer 1000 - 2000 THB for short time is misleading.

*Well, sometimes, rarely, for research purposes, if a boy messages me repeatedly and I had him before and was not fully happy, I get him down to 500 THB because first encounter was 1000 THB and was not worth 1000 THB.

**In most cases. A boy who went with me for free several times recently asked for 1200 THB. I didn't question what he needs the money for, and a day later he told me went to Mahanakorn. That's not what I would call an urgency or a necessity. But he is such a lovely person, even if he had told me he wants to go to Mahanakorn, I would have given him the money.
    At least the boy told you the truth that he needs the money to visit Mahanakorn and didn't tell some false tragic story.
    Yes I agree with you I am always amazed how quickly the boys can spend their money on nuncense things .easy come easy go...

2. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (April 7th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

If Christian were to make a few substitutions to the clumsy language he uses, he may understand why some find it offensive.

For example, instead of "a Thai boy", try "a Jewish boy" or "a black boy" or "a gay boy", or even "a European boy" . Even those of us who've been travelling to Thailand for decades, or even living there, should hesitate to draw such conclusions from the relatively small number of guys we have met.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

stop being silly oliver...u r deliberately being pedantic...just about everyone here says "boy"...its gayspeak...admittedly often I feel uncomfortable and substitute MB or guy as the word boy to the untrained or unaware conjures pedo connotations...u r using the age old trick..if u cant rebut the message u attack the messenger...
    Have u ever wondered why the Chinese Thai rule the place???and when I say rule I mean financially...

5. User who gave Like to post:

rexton (March 20th, 2020)

Liked

I respect Christian, and understand the argument he's making, but I disagree with him. If you regard your interaction with the boy as a business transaction it's none of your fucking business what he does with the money. It's worse than patronizing to say you're going to lowball him because he doesn't know how to manage money and will only spend it on things you don't think are worthwhile. That's simply a rationalization, one of many that people come up with to justify their stinginess, almost on a par with the argument that he should accept less because you spent so much to get to Thailand.

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (March 19th, 2020), GerBear1958 (April 7th, 2020), siscu58 (March 25th, 2020), snotface (March 19th, 2020)

Liked

Yes I agree with Captain Swing . many boys don't know how to handle their money and spend it like there's no tomorrow I saw it many times but that shouldn't affect us how much we pay to a boy, what he's doing with his money is certainly none of our business.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 19th, 2020), GerBear1958 (April 7th, 2020), rexton (March 20th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I

*Well, sometimes, rarely, for research purposes, if a boy messages me repeatedly and I had him before and was not fully happy, I get him down to 500 THB because first encounter was 1000 THB and was not worth 1000 THB..
    I disagree with that I’m afraid.

You cannot give a boy less money than last time, without offending him. How would you feel if happened to you?

If you were dissatisfied with him first time round then simply do not take him again.

No research necessary. Even if the “research” is to see if he has improved.

11. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 19th, 2020)

Liked

It's outrageous. Those guys only spend my money to buy booze and party!
    Oh wait .. that's what I would have done with that money if I didn't spend it on a MB..

all jokes aside, don't forget those boys are in their (early) twenties. I remember well that I was not so good at managing money at the time.

13. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 19th, 2020), Brad the Impala (March 19th, 2020), GerBear1958 (April 7th, 2020), neddy3 (March 19th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

u guys r all sooo clever...I think I'll use the same argument with my boss (well customers) and tell them I need an increase..... even though competition is fierce and corona has just about dried up my contracts for the next 3 months.... because its none of their business what I do with my earnings

Liked

Well said Latin, honestly...

Liked

Gerbear, as far as being worried about getting yourself in a bad situation, but not being comfortable in bar situations - One of the things I learned in these Forums is that the bars provide a layer of security. The boys are an extension of the bar in that sense. And keep an open mind about the bars. If you don't drink, it's not a problem. Also, you will be treated as a regular on literally your second visit. Many of the Pattaya and Chiang Mai bars are really outside patios. And the showbars in all three cities on your itinerary are a fun way for a solo traveler to socialize and see entertainment, while knowing that any handsome lad you exchange glances with could be your next dream-come-true. I can't advise on choosing moneyboys from the apps, because I use the apps for non-money hook-ups, and the boy bars for 'pay to play'. BTW, I am your age and have no problem hooking up with younger guys on the apps. A final suggestion - you say you wish there was another way to meet guys there. There definitely is - the massage venues! Imagine 12 to 20 guys vying for your attention as you zero in on the cutie with the most tattoos and piercings, lol. You can even ask the Mamasan to ask the boys which one has mooks! Check out the pinned thread at the beginning of the Forum.

17. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (March 19th, 2020), christianpfc (March 19th, 2020), GerBear1958 (April 7th, 2020)