Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
Why would be against same-sex marriage? For example, why shouldn't I be allowed to sponsor my BF and life partner for permanent residency to Canada? I should be denied that right just because we're both males?
Do stop talking patent nonsense Matt. Both New Zealand and Australia have had same-sex immigration programmmes for same sex couples since the very early 1990s. In 2006/7 the Australian government legislated away all legal differences between heterosexual and homosexual couples; the New Zealand government having done so some years earlier. Both countries have enshrined in law the view that a marriage certificate is utterly meaningless when it comes to deciding all sorts of legal issues. New Zealand legislated for gay "marriage" some years ago; Australia is yet to do so. Britain also had a similar approach for a number of years. You should be considering whether the issues raised in the Celebrity Threesome case in Britain are in fact a somewhat compelling argument for the view that allowing gays to have "marriage equality" is in fact changing the nature of marriage