FAQ & Help

Thread: Dodgers Trip Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dodgers Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    I'm well aware of Pattaya's reputation and like most visitors to the city will be going there to visit the temples. I'm not sure but I think some Thai people can get very defensive about Pattaya even though they haven't visited it themselves
    Pattaya has LOTS of temples – as well as lousy traffic, too many tourists and a poor beach. Sure, there is plenty of sex and sin, and I have nothing against the sex part. But is there much that is different from that offered in Adam's Apple in Chiang Mai - apart from volume and, in my limited experience, from the frolicking at Eros and the fact the boys are more Thai (or Cambodian and Vietnamese down Jomtien way) than from Myanmar? Mind you, would a 24 yo student be that interested in a bunch of lads not much younger than himself offering themselves to an audience made up almost exclusively of men considerably over double his age – and increasingly Chinese? I'm not sure what the discos are like in Pattaya but I can't believe they are more interesting for a young guy than those around Thonglor and elsewhere in Bangkok. IMHO Pattaya is a place where older guys feel more at home. I have had young gay friends from Taipei visiting Bangkok this week-end and the go-go bars and discos were the last places they wanted to visit!

It’s a pity sglad will not be here during the summer when there is so much of the more traditional Thailand to see, as for example the Candle Festival in Ubon Ratchanthani –

Ubon_Candle_Festival9.jpg

- and the country’s main Ghost Festival in Dansai in Loei Province -

Dansai_Ghost_Festival4.jpg

- or later in the year the loveliest Thai Festival of Loi Krathong.
    Last edited by fountainhall; January 8th, 2017 at 22:11.

2. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (January 8th, 2017)