Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: living in thailand for 500 dollars

Liked

Re: living in thailand for 500 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    Well, he seems to be able to live on his low $500 a month budget. But I take issue with his statement it is possible to тАЬlive very wellтАЭ. There is no mention of expenditure other than on the bare necessities. I canтАЩt imagine any of our members being able to survive on such a low budget, as it takes no account of the тАШentertainmentтАЩ which many of us here came to Thailand to find.

I certainly could not live comfortably on such a low budget. My monthly condo maintenance charges alone are almost double his monthly rent. I like to maintain my western standard of living and the day I canтАЩt, will be the day I pack up and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    . . . When I had a job, I spent about 20 kTHB per month. Now without work, I spend about 30 kTHB per month, and I have no income from work!
    As someone who used to spend a great deal of time looking at other peoples income and expenditure ChristianPFC, your comments above, much to my surprise, set my internal alarm bells ringing. Hmmm . . . it would seem that old habits die hard. Lol! But they also reminded me of the famous quote made by the character, Wilkins Micawber in the novel David Copperfield:

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    Ahh those timeworn Victorian values. I should be in misery by now but I too live in the hope that something will turn up...

Liked

Cheap Charlie from China

Liked

If you rent a room for lets say 2000 baht which is easy to do in Bangkok (no air con ) , it should be no problem to live on 18000 baht as long as yo uonly eat local Thai food , you can even afford a few beers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    That, and lemons and zucchini would be nice as well. Those don't exist up here either.
    Have you thought about getting some seed and growing them in your yard? Seems like both would do well there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by roguebear
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    That, and lemons and zucchini would be nice as well. Those don't exist up here either.
    Have you thought about getting some seed and growing them in your yard? Seems like both would do well there.
    A veggie garden? That would be one expensive dog play toy.

I guess I could fence off a portion of the yard with chicken wire, but no, I'll just go without. At least they have green, red, and yellow bell peppers all year round. Otherwise, I'd have to move.

Liked

Finally watched the full video. Praise the author for his openness and thank him for sharing. The information could have been conveyed in half the time.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dax (March 24th, 2016)

Liked

Here's another video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-RQyxitmRY

Liked

Gad, who has the time to sit and listen to all that babble?

Liked

I don't know, I don't mind him. He's much more interesting than a lot of YouTube people that make videos on Thailand. "Here's the Starbucks, here's the mall" type of videos get pretty boring.

Watch his "save a ho" videos. Those are at least somewhat entertaining while he blows a gasket.

Liked

If I only HAD US 500/month to live on I'd be grateful to be in CM or most any part of Thailand. I expect I could get by with more dignity than any other place I can think of. CHOOSING to do it that way in the place of any other option doesn't compute for me though, so I made it as far as the fellow's motorcycle before losing interest in the video. Thousands of others have given it a view, though. Prepare for the next wave!! :-)