Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Note From Wesley

Liked

Re: Note From Wesley

All my best to you Wesley. I had pneumonia about three years ago and it was no joke. I had been having what I thought were back spasms for a couple of days, so I finally went to the doctor. He sent me straight to the emergency room and I ended up in the hospital for ten days. They drained over a half quart of fluid out of my lungs; that what was causing the pain. At first they thought it was a pulmonary embolism so they waited on the draining. My heart went out a couple of times. I had planned to do a lot of traveling after my retirement, but I have already started. These events do make you reflect on your mortality; you just do not know how long you will be on this side of the grass.

Liked

Thanks so much for your kindness as you gave such good advice and care to an old fart. Why even smiles was gracious I see. I am a bit better since as one poster mentioned, they took the fluid out. I assume things can get much worse fast as I have been though most of it once so, I thought I should let you know how things are doing.You guys filled many a lonely moment for me when in the Steppe.I really should have died a couple of times,once when my lover was killed in an an automobile accident. and most recently when I was not expected to live. But a year later here I sit. I lost a few months memory but everything else I remember especially Smiles whom I always wanted to look up to as having the wild hair I never had.

All thee Best,

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Wesley-Just a note to wish you well and continued improvement. I enjoyed your posts about Manila so much so that a few years ago I returned there and have not returned to Thailand. I find some of the men there to be some of the most handsome men on this side of God's good earth....you just have to find them. Besides the regular featured Filipinos, the mixed Spanish men are choice. Salamat po. Take care Wes and please keep in touch.

Dax

Liked

Dear Wes,
    Please let us know when you decide to abandon this churlish world ... just for old times sake, (ignoring that we all will leave it sooner or later), and I'll light an air kratong for you. I mean that.
    But fuck existential philosophy ... know what I mean?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Miracles do happen so never give up. I want to thank you on your posting of the Philippines and have decided to relocate there in a couple of months mostly because of your postings. I hope I can contribute something to improving the lives of others as you have done. Best wishes are with you

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguest
    The Buddhists are probably closest to the reality of living and dying -each is of equal value-neither to be feared.
    I hadn't realised that "dust you are and to dust you will return" was a Buddhist text; likewise "It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart" or even "Man, that is born of a woman, has but a short time to live, and is full of misery. He comes up, and is cut down, like a flower; he flees as it were a shadow, and never continues in one stay. In the midst of life we are in death; of whom may we seek for succour".

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Dear Wes,
    Please let us know when you decide to abandon this churlish world ... just for old times sake, (ignoring that we all will leave it sooner or later), and I'll light an air kratong for you. I mean that.
    But fuck existential philosophy ... know what I mean?

It seems at least Smiles, having already died once, it is much easier to keep my head out of the clouds now days. I guess I have become a practical pragmatist. It seems not to be as important as a simple touch from another persons hand than to be right anymore. Seems just winning an argument is not so high on my list anymore.Anyway, you have been a good friend to me many years now, not to say we are close as partners, however you taught me a lot. Much of it I was able to take to other forums and people. Your unfailing pragmatism and often touchy words left me speechless. Anyway, I am sorry about what happened to your brother. I know that affected your life greatly.

Thanks for the lighting of the flame, I suppose however, I will not know when it happens. My heart is the main issue and I would say that is important in two different ways. If I know I am soon passing I will let you guys know, if it comes as did the last time , I will not know it has happened until it is too late.

To my friend in the Philippines, all I can say is I wish I was there. My Bf from there is coming here to take care of me for as long as it takes. fortunately having already gone one time, doing it again is not nearly so frightening as before.

Again,

Fsivo Horoshiva,
    All tee best.

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai-2
    Miracles do happen so never give up. I want to thank you on your posting of the Philippines and have decided to relocate there in a couple of months mostly because of your postings. I hope I can contribute something to improving the lives of others as you have done. Best wishes are with you
    wow, I can say the little guys are faithful and not always looking for money to be that way.My Bf is a nurse and son of a prominent doctor there, Had it not been for him Cholera would have taken me several years ago.

I wish you the best in your time ahead.they do love Americans there. I cannot say that is true for most of the world. So it can be a little piece of heaven if you stay faithful to your trek in life.

All the best

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Yes indeed, Miracles do still Happen!
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Just a note to let you guys know I am still here, I suspect however 7 months may be pushing a prognosis to the final days although they most likely expect no more than 4 months.
    All the Best!

Wes