Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Moderation: Too Much or Too Little?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think that there is currently too much moderating, deleting and editing of posts

18 26.47%
  • I would like to see more moderation on the board so there are more intelligent posts

13 19.12%
  • I like it just the way it is

29 42.65%
  • No opinion either way

8 11.76%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: POLL ON BOARD MODERATION

Liked

Re: POLL ON BOARD MODERATION

It has to be admitted that some posts from the older members are just an excuse for a bitching session. It seems like this forum is an old boys network and not one where the intellectual level is very high.

So, yes more moderation is necessary to raise the level of debate. :banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack3
    It seems like this forum is an old boys network and not one where the intellectual level is very high.
    So, yes more moderation is necessary to raise the level of debate. :banghead:
    DEBATE !! lol - christ maybe I'm on the wrong board, I thought the board was generally made of of some local Thai people, some ex-pats, some sex tourists and some others somewhere in between all of those four, all perhaps gay and all having varying levels of interest of life and living or staying or holidaying in Thailand, I didn't realise we were a debating society :-) So THAT'S where I've been going wrong then !! Man some people take this board WAY too seriously :-)

However I do of course add that I respect your opinion and your right to make it and should you or others start posting topics which encourage and enhance the current level of debate on the board I will then of course look forward to the intellectual level on the board increasing exponentially I'm sure ! :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NIrish, when I decided I wanted to take control of the board, we were the ONLY advertiser and an advertiser that was planning on pulling his ad because of all the fighting. Over and over I listened to other businesses about the uncontrolled fighting on this board. Well I decided that if I purchased the board and really tried to calm it down a bit, actual people might come to visit the board not just a clique. That a few advertisers might actually change their mind and want to advertise for once. I envisioned a board that was somewhere in between the clawing and kicking of the old Smiles board and the rigid temperment of the Gay Button board. Not that there isn't a problem with either but there was a need for an inbetween board and that's what I wanted to see.
    A board without flooders and a board that did not make newbie's scared to join or post. I think we are pretty darn close and I am proud of my accomplishments. A few of the older members might not care for it, but I do and I wanted to do a poll to see what you thought. :hello2:

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    A few of the older members might not care for it, but I do but I wanted to do a poll to see what you thought.
    Well I guess whilst all the votes maybe not be in yet you did put yourself "out there" for judgement on your performance to date so it appears from the votes currently in anyway that you can take a certain credit for the progress made to date on the board as it appears from the votes cast that the majority of the board are either happy with your efforts ( or couldn't care less :-) with the other members being fairly equally split between your decisions to moderate too much or not enough as each sees it and as you're never going to please either camp then I guess a 50 / 50 split there isn't a bad status quo to aspire to re that issue).

I wonder out of interest as it was before my time - did any of the boards previous owners put themselves or their board policy decisions ( if they had any ? ) out to the public vote and such public / board scrutiny in a way such as you have done here or is your putting yourself out there for others to comment and cast opinion on your board running a first on here perhaps ???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well the most ridiculous thing about all of this is that when I took over the board one previous owner of the board contacted me when he still believed I was George who had promised to buy the board but did not. He stated that the Rules and Gudelines were very outdated and volunteered to look at other boards and put a more updated Rules and Guidelines together for posting. I agreed for him to do this.

Amazing enough he has been one of my biggest critics and shit stirrers!! One of his most memorable things he had a fit about was the fact that I used lavender to write my comments and not bright red as he put in the Guidelines. Aint that a big violation! Of course I had to go back and add that a moderator could modearte in any other color except red just to please him! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Liked

Seems we have a petulant five year child as a Owner/Moderator. Oh joy.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

good to see our leader getting involved in his very own bitch fight arty
    whos needs moderation ... ???? :laughing3:

Quote Originally Posted by brithai
    good to see our leader getting involved in his very own bitch fight arty
    whos needs moderation ... ???? :laughing3:

?? Actually I don't see where Neal named any particular person in his post or directed his comments towards any one named individual in particular, however as smiles seems to have replied I guess we can assume it was him perhaps.......and as his comment has appeared, not been deleted or edited ( well not yet anyway lol) I guess that speaks volumes for the "over" moderation that some are speaking of......or lack of it to be more precise - well so far anyway lol

one of the joys of having ones own mind NIguy is that i can work things out all by myself ... and not having to follow the flock ... its a wonderful thing to have ...
    i do belive you have the same abilities ... isnt it wonderful ??? isnt it ...
    im sure thats upset a few more people .... how dare someone have a mind of there own .... i would say you know who you are ... but you probably dont :violent1:

Quote Originally Posted by brithai
    one of the joys of having ones own mind NIguy is that i can work things out all by myself

I never doubted that for a second :-)