Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: United Airlines Assault Passenger: What Would You Have Done?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

United Airlines Assault Passenger: What Would You Have Done?

I've never ben bumped off a flight. Only once at LAX en route to Tokyo was there an announcement at a United departure gate seeking two passengers in business class to give up their seats. In return, they would be rebooked with guaranteed first class seats on the next flight two hours later. I raced to the desk and was delighted to get one of those seats! In such circumstances I'm happy that airlines oversell flights.

We've all seen the footage and must all have been utterly appalled at the behaviour of the thugs on that United flight from Chicago to Louisville. Now United is in very deep PR shit, whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation. Either United will make the doctor a settlement he cant refuse, and with his high-powered legal team that offer will have to be in the millions of dollars. Or they will elect to go to court as co-defendants along with the plane's captain (after all he was 100% responsible for what happened on his aircraft), the three aircraft police thugs and the City of Chicago for whom they worked. With those lawyers, I expect there will be a second class action suit. Both could result in awards of millions in damages and goodness knows how much in aggravated damages. And with all the negative feelings towards airlines amongst the travelling public, if the case/s go to court, where will United find a totally unbiased jury?

To me this seems an open and shut case. The flight was not oversold. United only sold the exact number of seats on the aircraft. But at what must have been the very last minute (literally minutes) it needed 4 seats for flight attendants on duty from Louisville the next day. Aren't such staff movements choreographed weeks in advance along with their work schedules?

However, a lawyer on CNN this morning suggested that the passenger made the situation worse! Even though he was seated on board, causing no disturbance whatsoever, this lawyer said when the aircraft police told him he had to leave, he should have left. You do what the police tell you to do, no matter your guilt or innocence. He also threw in the fact that this doctor had two convictions for selling drugs to people not entitled to them. These would be mitigating circumstances, he said. How extraordinary! I was staggered! What would a man's past have anything to do with his being forced off a plane with no violence on his part yet ending up with broken teeth, a broken nose, sinus problems and concussion?

Had it been me, I would have done exactly as the doctor. Stayed firmly in my seat and started creating a major fuss asking to see their written authority in writing, asking for the captain and so on. But what would you have done? Having turned down the offered compensation, would you just get up and leave?

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dax (April 14th, 2017), Oliver (April 14th, 2017)