Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cathay Pacific

Liked

Cathay Pacific

Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about Cathay Pacific flights. Into out of Bkk, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Philippines.

Wes

All the Best!

Wes

It's all good. You can't go wrong with CX.

Liked

First Flight Also

I am taking my first flight on Cathay Pacific in September 2008 out of JFK. I am anxious about the flight myself. IтАЩve heard good things about CP but I guess I will have the opportunity to judge for myself soon.
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

OK OK

I will be very negative here.
    I have always hear good thing about Cathy Pacific.
    Flew CP from Los Angeles to Hong Kong and then on to Manila in March.

I was not impressed. It was in Coach and packed.
    The seats where narrow and they did not recline. Only shifted or slid down, so you really could not get comfortable.
    The video at my seat got TV but none of the Movies. The Arab guy in front of me was really pissed. His monitor got nothing but music.
    I admitted the Senior Flight Attendant had the Computer rest and offer to move him. But why should that be??
    The food was mixed. And the "snacks" between meals where better than what they served.

SO, never again!!!
    Take EVA or Singapore and enjoy your flight!!!

George

I've taken it twice and found the service well exceeding Eva. I'm taking CP again in a few weeks.

Liked

Re: OK OK

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS
    I will be very negative here. I was not impressed. It was in Coach and packed. The seats where narrow and they did not recline. Only shifted or slid down, so you really could not get comfortable....SO, never again!!!
    Take EVA or Singapore and enjoy your flight!!!
    George
    OMG...Are you saying that for such very long flights the seats in Coach do not recline? That sounds barbaric. No wonder I only paid $1,068 USD for my upcoming flight in September out of JFK. Too good to be true I guess.

Of course the seats recline, don't listen to him.

Check out the following site for all the stats:

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/intl_economy.php

Liked

Marco Polo Club

If you are planning to fly a lot with them, is it worth getting the Marco polo Benefits, Flyer Miles extra service etc. Its 50 Bucks but it signs you up in Asia FFM plan then at seems to cover almost everything that fly in SE Asia. for Flyer Miles. Comes in handy for extra luggage free flight within SE Asia etc. What do you think.

As to the reclining seats, I think I have had flights with every line that had some bad seats occasionally. I never found that to be true for the whole fleet. I have had some Delta flights that were Horrible then fly back on one with all the comforts of home. I think that is a hit and miss thing with any Airline, Since most of it was positive I am looking at the Marco Polo Club since I will be in and out of SE Asia often. Short.rt Jumps To Thailand I hope are really often. Sounds like Sunee needs the help LOL.

I hear that Sunnee is down, are the rest of the bars doing good, or is it a Sunnee problem with the Police and regulations.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Quisp

Check out the following site for all the stats:

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/intl_economy.php
    Thanks Mr. Quisp for the great reference resource. I do like that the seats have Power Ports so I can use my laptop and PSP during the long flights.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS
    The seats did not recline. Only shifted or slid down, so you really could not get comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Quisp
    I'm afraid George is correct : Cathay Pacific announced their new economy seats do not recline the traditional way, into your rear neighbour's personal space, but let you slide forwards instead. Might depend on the exact airplane.

This is not necessarily a disadvantage, and should alleviate the reclining wars in the economy cabins (reclining would not be such an issue if everybody would recline together, but many people don't like to recline, or don't enjoy having their personal space encroached, or having their knees crushed).

Seatguru is an excellent source of information indeed, you might also like to take a look at the forums on Skytrax