Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pattaya's -- Dollar Store / Flea Market / Thai Walmart / whatever

Liked

Pattaya's -- Dollar Store / Flea Market / Thai Walmart / whatever

I don't know what they're called in Thailand, but massive dollar stories, flea markets, or similiar. Somewhat like a Thai version of Walmart with a massive open-air building this a roof on it.

Sells everything -- sandals, coat hangers, silverware, dishes, towels, tents, cleaning supplies, pliers, hammers and other tools, shelving units, coat hangers, water bottles, toothpicks, ceramic things for Thai BBQ, ice cube buckets and tongs, and so on. Just all that crap you need, but don't ever think about until you want it.

It's all cheap crap, but the functionality works just fine. A $0.50 plate holds food just as good as a $4 plate from Tesco does. Do any of these exist in Pattaya, and if so, where?

We used to have one just down the street from our one house in Khon Kean, and it was awesome for things like this. The only thing I can remember similar in Pattaya was that one place -- go to the intersection of Second Road and Soi Buakhao, just upon walking down Soi Buakhao to your right would be an empty lot where every Tuesday would fill up with a market starting around 6am.

Not quite what I'm looking for though. Just a typical discount store / flea market / Thai version of Walmart. Do they have that in Pattaya, and if so, where?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya's -- Dollar Store / Flea Market / Thai Walmart / whatever

Isn't there something similar in Pattaya Thai, a hundred or so meters north of Tuk Com?

Liked

"intersection of Second Road and Soi Buakhao" that's a regular market for clothing and household items.

What you are looking for, I would go to Big C or Makro.

There are shops for Japanese second hand goods, e.g. the chain Sakura, that have various household items, tools, electronics, furniture. Entertaining, I sometimes go there just to look at the stuff.

Liked

Please … where are the Japanese second hand shops located in Pattaya??

Liked

Google lists some stores as Thrift Shop/ Market in Pattaya.

Liked

Under the name of "Sakura", no second hand, but several other businesses.

But when you search on google maps for "japanese second hand", several stores come up.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

oh my fuck...can we please chat about boy booty please...

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 3rd, 2023), Dodger (November 3rd, 2023), francois (November 3rd, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Zeker. Thats much more to your&our liking. But its great to see some activity in this near-dying (looks like?) forum and even better to see Matty, expelled from TH, from Canuckyland is also back. Me too-flew into Swampy this week and plan to stay till end of yr-with a short break for this 30-day limit as making that online visum is beyond me.
    Walked also around Silom the other day and saw at least 2 KOREA stores like that- Donki-Donki & some other. For JPNese stuff its still THaniya-they even had a Yi-pun festival a day or 2 ago-that only means more stalls on the street.
    And for Matt: TESco is no more-this UK-big supermarket chain does not seem to know what it wants and is retreating from many countries where they could not gain #1. In TH its now Lotus only-from the few I´ve seen they lost the fresh bakery. They also disappeared in many EUR countries but are still big in Czech (Praha-also once very famous for boy booty) and HUngary.