Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thailand Curiosity - What's going on in 2023?

Liked

Smile Thailand Curiosity - What's going on in 2023?

The last time I visited Thailand, Babylon was bustling with patrons. The street stalls in Silom had started to regain their space after being temporarily occupied by sidewalk foot traffic. Patpong was packed with customers, stall workers, bar touts, and a variety of bars. In Bangkok, the prices of drinks in go-go bars were increasing, reaching 400 baht and occasionally even 500 baht on certain nights. In Pattaya, Boys Boys Boys charged 300 baht per show drink. Additionally, the beach chairs in Pattaya were struggling to survive due to reduced numbers and mandatory closure on Wednesdays.

As I contemplate returning to Thailand this year, I can't help but wonder what changes to expect. Are the bars in Bangkok still charging 400 baht? Is BBB still charging 300 baht? Can you still purchase fashionable underwear from the charming Thai girl with what I remember as a British accent? Is Jimmyfirst still working at the Pinnacle Hotel? Are Nature Boy and Golden Cock still in operation? I'm eager to hear any updates that can satisfy my curiosity.

Smiles, if you are out there, I went looking for some of your old posts for a refresher of your old familiar wit.

These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand Curiosity - What's going on in 2023?

Nice to hear from you again.

I'm no expert on Bangkok but I think you'll find the drink prices to be about the same as the last time you were here. That applies to Pattaya as well.

Jimmy First is still kicking and uses the same e:mail and mobile number as before. The Pinnacle was doing some major renovation during the covid period but I believe the work is finished.

I can't believe that after all these years you're still interested in the price of underwear. If you visit the Soi Boi Khao Market in Pattaya there's a hugs section that's dedicated to selling second-hand clothing for dirt-cheap. I remember seeing underwear there as well selling for as little as 10 baht. I think that would be your best bet understanding how price conscious you are.

Enjoy your next holiday and I hope you find the bargains you're looking for.

Liked

Thanks Dodger, I have to wonder how much of a cheapskate you really think I must be to suggest I buy used underwear hahaha. I still have friends asking me if I still have any sexy underwear from Thailand. You would be surprised how popular fashionable underwear is around these parts.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway View Post

Thanks Dodger, I have to wonder how much of a cheapskate you really think I must be to suggest I buy used underwear hahaha. I still have friends asking me if I still have any sexy underwear from Thailand. You would be surprised how popular fashionable underwear is around these parts.
    All kidding aside I think you'll be surprised at how many of the same shops have reopened that sell sexy undies.

When I first started wearing them my boyfriend's eyes would light up...now all he does is roll his eyes. I wonder if he's trying to tel me something...LOL

Cheers

Liked

Can you still purchase fashionable underwear from the charming Thai girl with what I remember as a British accent?
    There are several street stalls that sell fashionable underwear in Silom for 100 THB, whereas a brick-and-mortar asks for 150 THB.

Are Nature Boy and Golden Cock still in operation?
    They merged in the location of Nature Boy.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

all the nasty comments regarding underwear...Thailand has great knockoffs that actually fit ...at real knock down prices...can't tell the difference between the genuine ...suspect are all made in the same factory

Liked

[QUOTE=Dodger
    When I first started wearing them my boyfriend's eyes would light up...[/QUOTE]

What did his guide dog say?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

maybe his auto reading machine thingy tells him that the boyfriends eyes have rolled...