List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite place to eat in Bangkok?

S&P is quite good if you're in a hurry.. the one in Silom Center is also quite GLB friendly, tons of couples who may have just hooked up on the 3rd floor toliet. Make sure you try the Grilled Chicken Chop... very yummy.

Eat Me now has a fantastic wine list with an excellent selection of NZ/Aussie wines going for about cost price around 1000-1200 bh. And the tuna tartare is to die for. Make sure you save some room for some of the desserts. Darren has a good outfit there and he deserves all the support we can give him.

O..ho is a funny place... the food is authentic enough to please most of my thai friends and my GWM friends love the neighbourhood/ambiance. I think it works quite well... adding a bit of colour to that tired Ngam Duphli area. Sure beats the sour pussies at the Malaysia.

Zanotti has an excellent set lunch during weekdays... Bh 280 for 3 very excellent courses. Compared to the a la cartes at 200-500 per entree, its an wonderful bargain.

Has anyone tried Greyhound at Siam Center? Kuppa in Sukhumvit Soi 24? Very flashy and uber-stylish... great for impressing your hot dates and securing a romp afterwards!

Liked
    As far as upscale food courts go, the one on the ground floor of Lad Phrao Central Shopping mall (Asian fusion) I had some interesting Viet food there made Thai style a few weeks ago.

Much better than the food courts in and near Paragon.

I noticed an add for this NY style deli on Suk 3. I have not been yet, but I someimes feel like something NY Farang and have it on my short list to give it a try. I did try the BKK Subway chain, I like them in US, but something tasted off at he BKK location. Cold cuts are not same-same US.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TopChinese

Has anyone tried Greyhound at Siam Center? Kuppa in Sukhumvit Soi 24? Very flashy and uber-stylish... great for impressing your hot dates and securing a romp afterwards!
    Eaten at Greyhound at Siam Centre, and at Central Chidlom, and at Paragon(I think) too. Good ingredients, good service, enjoyed by bf and me.

For restaurant chains in Bangkok, Fuji is great. Their seafood is consistently excellent.

For noodle soup hard to beat the unnamed Chinese shop at the corner of Saladaeng and Silom. Same decor and recipe for the last twenty years.

Agree with the negative comments regarding Annas. Went to the Saladaeng branch once, and we won't be going back. Black T-shirts and handsome waiters do not a restaurant make, although they might dazzle some punters!

For French, it has to be Le Bouchon, Patpong Two. Unpretentious, relatively inexpensive for the quality, no cuisine minceur here!

Liked
    Possibly my favourite restaurant in the world is Le Normandie at the Oriental Hotel. It is almost terrifyingly expensive but for quality of food, service, ambience and the spectacular view over the river it can't be beaten.

Places to eat in Bangkok

I posted this reply before but it never showed up - so here goes again.....

For a very nice afternoon interlude try the elegant Tea at The Erewan Tea Room in the Erewan Shopping mall adjacent to the Grand Hyatt Hotel... You can walk from Siam BTS station on the sky walk, a pleasant stroll - or change there and go to ChitLom Stn and walk back - a shorter stroll. It is on the second floor. Ask for the "Set Tea" and request your favourite blend. It comes with a variuous assortment of goodies, including sticky rice and mango. All for aabout 150 Baht. Don't eat a big lunch! This place was written up in Spice Magazine in July.

Anna's Cafe on Sala Daeng Rd is another favourite of mine. A bit noisy at imes - they have lots of "happy Birthdays", but it is a fun place and the eye candy is great. Mostly Thais but a sprinkling of others as well.

The Monti Restaurant at the Montien Hotel is another favourite. Great food. A bit pricey if you have wine. The Caesar Salad, which is assembled with great show at your table is good. One order enough for 2. Their specialty is pressed duck.

Places to eat in Bangkok

Surprised to read some posters have not enjoyed Anna's Cafe on Soi Saladaeng. It's a regular place for me. And I have been regularly with a fussy eater, who also likes it.
    A fun atmosphere, definately gay-friendly, good food in my experience, and some eye candy as a bonus.
    Its only drawback for me is that it can be very noisy, with bare surfaces. Like, but not as bad as, all those dreadful trendy cafes in the West where you can't hear yourself think.
    Never understood this fashion, and am not going to try further.

Just One in the Soi Ngam Duplii area is also a neat place. Great atmosphere sitting outside on a warm evening, listening to frogs croaking in the gardens around. Food good, cheap, friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

Nearby O-Ho don't do too bad. Thai food is quite good, and Thai persons seem to like it. A rather good American breakfast for the price. Service can be a bit curious sometimes.

Also nearby, and not bad for an affordable steak, is Trajai Steak House. Not the best you'll ever get, but given it is in Thailand where steak is not common, worth a try.
    I'm not much on steaks even in the West, but go here a couple of times a year.

Fuji are quite good for a Japanese meal, on Soi Convent, plus many other places I'm sure.

Recommending can be a tricky business, as we all have different likes, and preferences.

Liked: 1
    Fuji on Soi Convent? Must be new. There is one in the Central Silom complex - often with lines at lunchtime. There was a Zen Japanese restaurant there which is similar and they are both excellent chains and great value.

The Fuji at Siam Paragon issue line tickets now!
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    As far as upscale food courts go, the one on the ground floor of Lad Phrao Central Shopping mall (Asian fusion) ...........
    Trongpai, other Hi-So food courts (that you may already know) include The Loft at Central Chitlom. I think this was the one that started the trend with a range of Asian style fare (Thai, Chinese, Singapore Noodle, Japanese, Viet) and also Italian pizza, fresh juices and 'Western' desserts. All set in a trendy styled zone on the top floor. I've eaten there several times and the food is pretty good.

Also try The 5th at MBK (on the 5th floor :cyclops: ) which opened a few months ago and is a copy of The Loft's style. Here they even have waiters that will bring your order from the food stalls to your table to save you wandering around looking for somewhere to sit, carrying a tray full of food. Service charge: 5 Baht!

Expect to pay 200+ Baht for a meal that might cost 100 Baht in a 'normal' food court.
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Liked
    I have enjoyed Scoozi for Pizza, Indian Hut for Indian and actually the best Tom Yong Goong I have had even though not on the menu, Jim Thompson Saladaeng Cafe for quick, good, cheap thai food, and Thai friends enjoy going to Great American Rib Company as they like the outdoor covered area and BBQ. (Although i like ribs at Tony Romas better when i just have to have some American style food.) Zannoti has a good set lunch as someone mentioned otherwise a bit too pricey. I really really liked the German Brewhouse where they have live entertainment and my thai friends loved it as well. Great reasonable German food, good beer they brew, superb service, and nice show with Issan country music along with other live music. I will have to look up the name.

I have been to Anna's several times - eye candy great, food just ok. Mango Tree was decent Thai Food but I liked saladaeng cafe better..

Has anyone been to place where they liked food and live music?
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Liked

rooftop at Tower inn

The food is OK but I am not visiting BKK for dining, there is often live music and the view from 20 floors up is stunning

Sometimes I will just go up for a few drinks before eating elsewhere, depends on what is on the agenda.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves