Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Can anyone identify where...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Can anyone identify where...

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but the Chang Puek giveaway in the first pic is the Police Captain who is definitely at Chang Puek Definitely one of Thailand's more "interesting" police stations.

Some trivia regarding the name. Chang Puek means White Elephant. Legend says the white elephant, an animal with significant religious symbolism, was released from Chang Puek Gate and allowed to wander. It headed off into the jungle and up the mountain. Where it laid down to rest was the site chosen by the elephant to build Wat Phra Doi Suteph, with its famous gold stupha overlooking Chiang Mai. I think the elephant was originally a present to from some king or prince to another. That's the jist of the story ayway.

The white elephant monument (I believe built by King Kawila, who rebuilt Chiang Mai after some big war) still exists on Chang Puek Rd about 500m North of Chang Puek gate. Many here have probably passed it without even realising as its rather uninspiring. Street View
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

llz (May 10th, 2020), Patanawet (May 9th, 2020)