Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thai Cell phones now 10-digits

Liked

Re: new or old?

Quote Originally Posted by rustee
    I am in Singapore right now and my friend from Thailand emailed me to remind me of the change in the telephone number. I called him using the additional 8 .. eg 0066811234567 ... it couldn't work. Not sms too. Tried the old nbr....006611234567... it worked. So maybe there's a time grace for using the old number?
    Strange, I have been calling two persons in Thailand today, my boyfriend, and a good friend of mine in Chiang Mai, both times the old numbers wouldn't work, the new numbers (with the 8 prefix) were working fine.

Oh forgot, yes you should be able to call with the old number until november 30, (even though for me it didn't work today).

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked
    I tried to call a Thai friend on Sunday using the new number, it did not work.

The old one did however.

Don't know whats going on there.

Ringing my boyfriend from here in the UK both new and old numbers work. He doesn't seem to know anything about the change and didn't know what I was talking about.

Liked: 1

New Sim cards needed.

Yesterday I went into Tle-Wiz to pay my monthly bill. There was a desk with a sign 10 Digit Telephone numbers. It seems that the regular sim cards in phones need rerplacing with a new one to take the ten digit numbers. On most phones you can store so many numbers on your Sim card and so many on the phone. This is done for free but their computer went down as I got to the head of the line so I have to wait.

Update Tuesday 12th - Yesterday I went to Telewiz Pattaya and they said it was only very few cards that will not take 10 digits. However you can give them your sim card and their computer will automatically change all the number by adding an 8 after the zero.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

some days it works - some it dont. Maybe thunderstorms affecting system?