Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
I actually went outside thinking I had to press it.

BTW, I just checked the fridge and you'll be pleased to know that I found one Van Houten chocolate bar lurking behind the drinks.

And there is no 'Do not disturb" sign anywhere in the room. Believe me, I looked!

A) Well now you may not have been the first ever person to do that and indeed a certain Irish farang may have stood doing exactly the same thing after a tipple or two one evening trying to turn it off from the hallway - that's how I know - i mean HE knows ( as he told me) that that doesn't work

b) The chocolate I think I'm going to have to buy in bulk when next there in July if I bother myself as I actually tried to get some here in the UK and it's not to be had anywhere it seems ! I actually read a chocolate blog about it and apparently it's made by Hershey from the US and in chocolate circles is considered to be low grade crap, but I like it - or at least I THINK I do as it may well be me mixing up post fun chocolate eating with ACTUALLY liking it and just confusing myself, either way it always brings back nice memories ! :-)

C) I'll stand by your updated info then and I wonder is that all part of the new ownership thing in trying to "turn the rooms" around faster / more efficiently as I have to admit one of the things I like and reasons I still use TP is the fact you can walk in and out at any time of the day and ask for your room to be serviced, perhaps a few times a day even and it's done quickly. I hope they're not trying to cut that down to a between 10am and 2pm thing or I'm screwed ! Remember to always push the metal "chain" bar across if nothing else, that'll stop the buggers in their tracks if they try to come in.

Have to say if they try to barge in and wake me too early by god they'll only make that mistake once before they have me loudly advising them to bugger off and let me sleep - that usually does the trick - although to be honest I've never had that problem in the TP - hence me wondering is it a change of policy perhaps - lets hope not !