I've used Excelsior Tailors several times over the past few years - located in the lobby area of the Siam Heritage Hotel on Surawong. I've had shirts and trousers made there as well as a couple of sport jackets and a suit on this last trip. Last year, I mentioned I'd like to get some corduroy trousers made. They are not not always available where I live and if found they never fit. Excelsior found the material in several colors and made up three pairs for less than one badly fitting one would be at home.

Caution based on experience. Make sure you allow time for at least one fitting and think about the style you want - fitting gives a chacge to see if room is available for belly amplification, etc. Don't rush the fitting, if it's a shirt move your arms around, button the collar, etc; if it's a jacket, check how it fits around the neck, do the shoulders square?, etc.

Think about what style you like, bring a photo from a magazine if you see something you like. Tailors in Bangkok are copyists not artists.